Windows 10: Does Outlook 2016 work with Windows 10 AND import WLM emails/contacts

Discus and support Does Outlook 2016 work with Windows 10 AND import WLM emails/contacts in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Still not liking Mail and Contacts. Is anyone using Outlook 2016 for email on Windows 10 without issue? Are you able to import mail and contacts from... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by geercom, Jun 19, 2017.

1. geercom Win User

Does Outlook 2016 work with Windows 10 AND import WLM emails/contacts

Still not liking Mail and Contacts. Is anyone using Outlook 2016 for email on Windows 10 without issue? Are you able to import mail and contacts from WLM into Outlook OK?

:)

geercom, Jun 19, 2017
  2. 58K
    58K Win User

exporting from live mail to import into windows 10 mail

MS does not support WLM any longer. It's gone. If you have a working version of it, and your Outlook is also functioning, the short answer is to forward the emails from WLM to Outlook, which if you have a lot of saved email is a major pain as well as being
    not very technically advanced.

As far as taking a WLM backup and importing it into Outlook, I couldn't tell you. Maybe if you contact MS support directly, they can tell you. But, and not to be redundant, Windows Live Mail, along with its' predecessor Outlook Express, is gone.

As I and many other people who have responded to this issue have said, Mozilla's Thunderbird is free, has been around for a long time and works really, really well. If you are familiar with the MS products, it isn't difficult at all to transition. It also
    has easy to follow steps for importing your WLM mail into the client.

Switching to Thunderbird | Thunderbird Help

3. Importing old emails to Windows 10 Mail

I do not believe you can import WLM into Outlook, but you can input WLM contacts, in a csv file, into Outlook..

Richard332, Jun 19, 2017
  4. Does Outlook 2016 work with Windows 10 AND import WLM emails/contacts

Hi geercom

I can assure you Outlook 2016 works in Windows 10. For contacts you should be able to follow the same process for Outlook 2013.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-za/...ata-to-outlook

Although article says to overwrite I would keep original when saving in Excel.

You may wish to search MS for 2016 articles.

Mail will be a little more complex and appears to need a third party tool. I have not used a third party tool. I provide this link for your information.

http://www.techrepublic.com/forums/d...to-ms-outlook/

Other members might have direct experience with the mail portion and will be able to give better guidance.

A site I use for all my Outlook questions

Outlook and Exchange Solutions Center

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jun 22, 2017
Thema:

Does Outlook 2016 work with Windows 10 AND import WLM emails/contacts

1. Does Outlook 2016 work with Windows 10 AND import WLM emails/contacts - Similar Threads - Does Outlook 2016

2. Importing email contacts

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Importing email contacts: Hello, thank you for inviting me on to the forums. I have a new pc with Windows 10, Edge and 365. I wish to cope the email addresses from my onl pc which has pop 3 using Windows Live I have successfully exported tem on to a memory stick. when I follow the online istruction...
  3. I am having trouble importing gmail email addresses into the contacts folder in outlook 2016

in Windows 10 Customization
    I am having trouble importing gmail email addresses into the contacts folder in outlook 2016: There probably is an answer out there but I can't find it. I have exported the gmail addresses to a csv file and imported them into outlook. The problem is they go to the people file in outlook and not to the contacts folder. How do I get these email addresses into the...
  4. get error 0x80040201 when importing contacts from outlook 2016 to outlook 365

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    get error 0x80040201 when importing contacts from outlook 2016 to outlook 365: trying to import contacts from outlook 2016 to outlook 365 win10. get error: 0x80040201. help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/get-error-0x80040201-when-importing-contacts-from/d50a3d87-a6de-4ca5-b50d-67e9245817c6"
  5. Importing Email Accounts Into Outlook 2016

Importing Email Accounts Into Outlook 2016: I'm using a new laptop running Windows 10 Pro x64 and I have a subscription to Office 365 Home. I want to import 27 email accounts, 25 of them being Microsoft email accounts, into Outlook 2016. I don't know why, but the import process is not working properly. I first...
  6. Contacts missing in outlook 2016

in Browsers and Email
    Contacts missing in outlook 2016: I upgraded office 2007 to office 2016 professional. Everything was OK yesterday. But today I noticed that all my contacts in outlook are missing. They changed the file outlook.pst to “my L: name@woh.rr.com.ost. I put in my old outlook.pst that I have saved but it ignores it...
  7. Importing Calendar and Contacts from Outlook 2016 to Windows 10 Mail

Importing Calendar and Contacts from Outlook 2016 to Windows 10 Mail: I have Outlook 2016 installed as part of Office on my Windows 10 computer and would like to import the 2016 contacts and calendar to the Windows 10 Mail app. I have searched to web for instructions for doing so but have not found an answer. I intend to use the Mail app on a...
  8. Outlook 2016 contacts

Outlook 2016 contacts: I am having a bit of a mare with outlook. I have my main POP3 email address plus a Hotmail acc (lesser used) setup in it. Obviously my POP3 is my main default acc I always use. But when I go to my contacts list (setup in business card display) it always defaults to my Hotmail...
  9. How to Import W10 Contacts (aka 'People') into Outlook 2016 Pro

How to Import W10 Contacts (aka 'People') into Outlook 2016 Pro: Installed Outlook 2016 Preview on W7 with no problems. Address Book showed Contacts. Updated W7 to W10. All contacts now show in People app, but Outlook no longer sees those contacts. How can I migrate/export-import the W10 People contacts into Outlook 2016? 11336
  10. Export Outlook 2016 Email, Contacts, and Calendar to PST file

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Export Outlook 2016 Email, Contacts, and Calendar to PST file: How to: Export Outlook 2016 Email, Contacts, and Calendar to PST file How to Export Outlook 2016 Email, Contacts, and Calendar to PST file Outlook 2016 lets you focus on whats important with a clear view of email, calendars, and contacts. You can export your email,...