Windows 10: Does phone have to be on to use Phone app on pc? App shows no internet connection on phone?

Discus and support Does phone have to be on to use Phone app on pc? App shows no internet connection on phone? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Downloaded the app and linked phone last week and it worked really well for texting and my Android 7.0 phone was turned off BUT now app says phone not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TerriBenton, May 21, 2019.

1. Does phone have to be on to use Phone app on pc? App shows no internet connection on phone?

Downloaded the app and linked phone last week and it worked really well for texting and my Android 7.0 phone was turned off BUT now app says phone not connected to internet. Phone was off and when I booted it up the app worked. Defeats the purpose of the app if I have to have my phone on to use it on my pc. HUH? Help me understand please.

:)

TerriBenton, May 21, 2019
  2. Dos101 Win User

Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, May 21, 2019
  3. TechPowerUp App with Windows 8.1 Phone?

Is there any chance of an official TechPowerUp App for Windows 8.1 Phone like Android? I miss having one for my phone now that I have a Windows Phone now. Instead of having to pin the site to my main menu.

Or do you @W1zzard have any objections if a TPU user wanted to make one, if you decide not too?

MxPhenom 216, May 21, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Does phone have to be on to use Phone app on pc? App shows no internet connection on phone?

New Phone Insider app for Windows 10 preview for Phones?

Unfortunately, at the moment, there's no way to sign into the app, which would suggest that it's not ready for the public to fully check out.

Microsoft already has a Preview for Developers app for Windows Phone 8.1 that allows users to download new builds of the OS before they are made available to wireless carriers. This new app would seem, at first glance, to be something different. However, we stress that Microsoft has yet to officially state they are launching a preview version of Windows 10 for smartphones. So take this speculation (and everyone else's) with a grain of salt.

Read more: New Microsoft Phone Insider app may be a prelude to a Windows 10 preview for phones

Brink, May 21, 2019
Thema:

Does phone have to be on to use Phone app on pc? App shows no internet connection on phone?

1. Does phone have to be on to use Phone app on pc? App shows no internet connection on phone? - Similar Threads - Does phone Phone

2. Phone Link App not showing share option on phone.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link App not showing share option on phone.: Hello,I have Moto G84 running Android 13 and Oneplus 6.Both phones had the share option for link or file sharing in the share menu before, but now it's not present.I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app on both phones but still nothing.I even reset the Windows app...
  3. Phone Link App not showing share option on phone.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phone Link App not showing share option on phone.: Hello,I have Moto G84 running Android 13 and Oneplus 6.Both phones had the share option for link or file sharing in the share menu before, but now it's not present.I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app on both phones but still nothing.I even reset the Windows app...
  4. Phone Link App Doesn't Show Apps on my Phone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link App Doesn't Show Apps on my Phone: Microsoft states that OnePlus is now supported for showing my android apps in Phone link, yet they do not. In the Features section, Apps doesn't even show. My device is the OnePlus Open with up-to-date OS and apps.Everything works fine for syncing notifications, photos,...
  5. Phone Link App Doesn't Show Apps on my Phone

Phone Link App Doesn't Show Apps on my Phone: Microsoft states that OnePlus is now supported for showing my android apps in Phone link, yet they do not. In the Features section, Apps doesn't even show. My device is the OnePlus Open with up-to-date OS and apps.Everything works fine for syncing notifications, photos,...
  6. your phone app not showing open phone screen and apps option on my new phone

your phone app not showing open phone screen and apps option on my new phone: How do i get the option of apps and opn phone screen on one plus nord? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-phone-app-not-showing-open-phone-screen-and/a39de540-bff9-414c-b41a-2c1b5a6ba5f0
  7. Issues connecting phone and PC using Your Phone app.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issues connecting phone and PC using Your Phone app.: I'm using a Surface Pro 7 with Samsung Note 10+. The connection worked fine when I first got my PC. At some point I got a message saying to make sur my PC and phone were connected to the same WIFI connection, which they are. The only thing that fixed it is a factory reset of...
  8. Your Phone app - my phone apps not showing up on PC

Your Phone app - my phone apps not showing up on PC: Hello, Have a Galaxy S10e and a Surface Pro X with Your Phone app installed. I cannot hear the other person when I try to receive calls. Making calls is fine. I don't see my android phone apps appearing on Your Phone on my pc and the Galaxy 10 series are on the approved...
  9. Connect Your Phone App to Different (New) Phone

Connect Your Phone App to Different (New) Phone: I use the Your Phone app on my computer at work to move pictures that are texted to me to my computer. I recently got a new phone and I cannot figure out how to get the app on my computer to connect to my new phone, a Google Pixel 3....
  10. Why does phone have to be on to use Phone app on pc?

Why does phone have to be on to use Phone app on pc?: Why in the world does my phone have to be on to use the MS phone app on my desktop to send a text? Defeats the purpose of the app if I have to have my phone on to use it. Might as well just text from the phone. App said phone was not connected so of course as soon as turned...