Windows 10: Does Photos require the use of OneDrive

Discus and support Does Photos require the use of OneDrive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a desktop, 64 bit, with the latest version of Windows 10. It is strictly for personal use, no business functions, and I don't synch any other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by sjh001, Feb 20, 2021.

1. sjh001 Win User

Does Photos require the use of OneDrive

I have a desktop, 64 bit, with the latest version of Windows 10. It is strictly for personal use, no business functions, and I don't synch any other devices. I want to uninstall OneDrive, but yet be able to use the Photos app that comes with Windows. Currently, when I download pictures from my digital camera they are sent to OneDrive and I see no way to prevent that. Will I be able to use Photos if I disconnect OneDrive? Would Photos then know to send them to my pictures file?

:)

sjh001, Feb 20, 2021
  2. Peer_Sam Win User

Whatsapp photos do not sync with OneDrive

Hi Luddy,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums,

You may try adding the photos manually by using the Upload tool of the OneDrive app. Please follow the steps mentioned in the article below.

Upload files or photos to OneDrive in Android

We we do have a dedicated support forum for OneDrive related issues, I suggest to get in touch with OneDrive Support team, where we have the professionals well equipped with the knowledge on this subject. Please follow the steps given below.

• Sign in to OneDrive.com from any browser.
    • Click the '?' help icon on the top banner of the page and select
      Email OneDrive support.
    • Submit your question and follow the prompts to request support.

For additional help, please refer to the following article.

OneDrive Help Center

Regards,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Feb 20, 2021
  3. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Feb 20, 2021
  4. Does Photos require the use of OneDrive

Photos are not syncing to OneDrive

Hello pleonidas,

Thank you for your accurate response and for trying the steps.

This shows us that the auto-upload works normally, but only for photos that you take after switching the auto-upload on.

Of course, uploading manually 450 photos is completely unpractical so what I would suggest, is to sync your photos to your PC using the Windows Phone app.

Then of course, if you wish to upload them to Onedrive, you should be able to do that more easily from your PC. At least, your photos will be backed up.

Kind regards,

Andrew Gr., Feb 20, 2021
Thema:

Does Photos require the use of OneDrive

1. Does Photos require the use of OneDrive - Similar Threads - Does Photos require

2. Does Windows 11 Cloud Clipboard require that OneDrive is active?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does Windows 11 Cloud Clipboard require that OneDrive is active?: I have disabled Microsoft OneDrive 'cause I don't like it's "features." Clipboard Synching between Windows and my Android phone doesn't seem to be working. According to what I can find on the 'net, I have it set up properly.Does Cloud Clipboard require OneDrive to be active?...
  3. Does Windows 11 Cloud Clipboard require that OneDrive is active?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does Windows 11 Cloud Clipboard require that OneDrive is active?: I have disabled Microsoft OneDrive 'cause I don't like it's "features." Clipboard Synching between Windows and my Android phone doesn't seem to be working. According to what I can find on the 'net, I have it set up properly.Does Cloud Clipboard require OneDrive to be active?...
  4. Onedrive does uploading a photo create a duplicate on onedrive folder

Onedrive does uploading a photo create a duplicate on onedrive folder: If I upload a photo from "pictures" using Onedrive.live website that photo file now also appears on the Onedrive folder on my PC. So does that mean it duplicates it on my PC. It is still in the original folder in "pictures". I was looking to see if I could use Onedrive to...
  5. Onedrive does uploading a photo create a duplicate on onedrive folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive does uploading a photo create a duplicate on onedrive folder: If I upload a photo from "pictures" using Onedrive.live website that photo file now also appears on the Onedrive folder on my PC. So does that mean it duplicates it on my PC. It is still in the original folder in "pictures". I was looking to see if I could use Onedrive to...
  6. OneDrive Photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive Photos: I have uploaded all my phone pictures to OneDrive but I cannot access these to upload to Craigslist or anywhere else. How do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-photos/c82e35f7-6b87-4262-a179-fe58587c5026
  7. Does OneDrive automatically compress my photos?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Does OneDrive automatically compress my photos?: I want to use my 1tb account to storage my personal photos, scanned from physical ones taken even before I was born my late father had photos from the 60's and on, most of them passed on to me. My question: will OneDrive COMPRESS or do any algorithm thing that could cause...
  8. Using Onedrive. Is "photos" a separate part of onedrive or is it created automatically by...

Using Onedrive. Is "photos" a separate part of onedrive or is it created automatically by...: I'm having lots of trouble with duplicate files in Onedrive. I'm sure it's my fault. I think I would understand this better if I could understand if photos uploaded into "Photos" are actually being uploaded into Onedrive as a whole and then the photos album is just...
  9. Opening photos in email using OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Opening photos in email using OneDrive: I can't open photo album that is attached to the email. I don’t see the photos in the email and when I click to download, I am sent to OneDrive but it says there is an error with the server...
  10. OneDrive Required for Login

OneDrive Required for Login: Why all of a sudden my system says that I need to log into my OneDrive in order to use my system when I have never seen this before and when I find the file it shows empty?? So why do I need to log into this program?? [Original Title: OneDrive]...