Windows 10: Does PTT need secure boot or other options?

Discus and support Does PTT need secure boot or other options? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; First, this is not a Windows 11 related question. I have a Dell XPS 8900 and I have a password manager on it. The password manager stores the master... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by paulsiu, Jun 27, 2021.

1. paulsiu Win User

Does PTT need secure boot or other options?

First, this is not a Windows 11 related question. I have a Dell XPS 8900 and I have a password manager on it. The password manager stores the master password key in the TPM. XPS 8900 does not have a TPM. However, it does appear to have PTT in the BIOS. When enabled, it should appear as a TPM 2.0 device in Windows 10. Instead the device manager indicates that there is a TPM 2.0 device, but it failed with an error code 10. I have install the latest bios, but the problem persists. So why can't I get PTT to work? One possibility is that it only works if secure boot is enabled. I tried enabling it, but it then failed to boot. I suspect that I may need to reformat the computer and reinstall windows to get secure boot to work. Does anyone know if I need to have secure boot enable before PTT works? Windows version is Windows 10 Pro 20H2. Thanks

:)

paulsiu, Jun 27, 2021

2. Can’t boot with Intel PTT enabled in BIOS

Hi,
    got a new Lenovo Yoga 720 with Win 10, was doing all the updates. I think the Intel Management Engine firmware update had a failure. It’s not listed in device manager and I can’t manually or automatically install a driver or see it in device manager. If I set intel PTT to disable in the BIOS, I can boot and also see TPM in device manager with code 10, but can’t update the driver. I updated the bios, downgraded, updated again. No change. I can toggle boot on and off with the PTT setting.

should I rma it? I’ve run out of ideas. Hoping you experts can help.

hicksville, Jun 27, 2021
  3. PTT, IM & Visual Radio

I have the N91 and N73 and have also had a N90 and there is no way I can remove the PTT either by highlighting the application and pressing C or highlighting the application and pressing options to look for delete/remove that way but those options are
    not there and PTT is not listed in App manager to remove from their either, how did you remove PTT?

tweets---01, Jun 27, 2021
  4. Does PTT need secure boot or other options?

Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

So Linux is switching to secure boot also? Or they have to because of UEFI?

Damn_Smooth, Jun 27, 2021
Thema:

Does PTT need secure boot or other options?

1. Does PTT need secure boot or other options? - Similar Threads - Does PTT need

2. Secure boot option is not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Secure boot option is not showing: I have 32 bit operating system lg company's pc.I try to update 64 bit version of windows 10 using bootable pendrive. But secure boot option is not showing in my pc's bios.what should I do?...
  3. Secure boot option is not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Secure boot option is not showing: I have 32 bit operating system lg company's pc.I try to update 64 bit version of windows 10 using bootable pendrive. But secure boot option is not showing in my pc's bios.what should I do?...
  4. Secure boot option is not showing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. No option to enable secure boot

No option to enable secure boot: Hi! I'm trying to enable secure boot on my PC, but in the BIOS firmware menu I'm only given the options of standard or custom. There is no option to simply enable/disable secure boot and I can not find it under any other tab. I've tried switching between standard and custom,...
  6. No option to enable secure boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No option to enable secure boot: Hi! I'm trying to enable secure boot on my PC, but in the BIOS firmware menu I'm only given the options of standard or custom. There is no option to simply enable/disable secure boot and I can not find it under any other tab. I've tried switching between standard and custom,...
  7. secure boot violation, but I need secure boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    secure boot violation, but I need secure boot: Hi, I know how to disable secure boot and everthing works fine after I disable the setting.But in order to play valorant I need secure boot enabled. My question is how do I keep secure boot enable without getting the error message.I am in UEFI mode and everything works fine...
  8. secure boot violation, but I need secure boot

secure boot violation, but I need secure boot: Hi, I know how to disable secure boot and everthing works fine after I disable the setting.But in order to play valorant I need secure boot enabled. My question is how do I keep secure boot enable without getting the error message.I am in UEFI mode and everything works fine...
  9. Does PTT need secure boot or other options?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Does PTT need secure boot or other options?: First, this is not a Windows 11 related question. I have a Dell XPS 8900 and I have a password manager on it. The password manager stores the master password key in the TPM. XPS 8900 does not have a TPM. However, it does appear to have PTT in the BIOS. When enabled, it should...
  10. Can’t boot with Intel PTT enabled in BIOS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can’t boot with Intel PTT enabled in BIOS: Hi, got a new Lenovo Yoga 720 with Win 10, was doing all the updates. I think the Intel Management Engine firmware update had a failure. It’s not listed in device manager and I can’t manually or automatically install a driver or see it in device manager. If I set intel PTT...