Windows 10: Does Quick Assist for Win 11 work to help Win 10 users?

Discus and support Does Quick Assist for Win 11 work to help Win 10 users? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I need to be able to help others with Win 10 setups. If I upgrade to Win 11 will Quick Assist still work to connect to Win 10 machines?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by FR Satisfied, Jan 16, 2022.

1. Does Quick Assist for Win 11 work to help Win 10 users?

I need to be able to help others with Win 10 setups. If I upgrade to Win 11 will Quick Assist still work to connect to Win 10 machines?

:)

FR Satisfied, Jan 16, 2022
  2. dalchina Win User

Quick Assist not working

Good diagnostic step.

You've tried disabling 3rd party program startups, but there could be more things starting beyond those listed in the task manager startup list, if that's what you used.

Ideally you would have hands on access to both PCs... but that's not so. All credit to them for creating a new user account etc.

If you wished to disable more startups on the problem account you could use Autoruns (free from MS). But that seems asking a bit much of someone else remotely.

Of course, the problem could have nothing whatsoever to do with startups... you might want to check all services are default, for example, in particular those necessary for this.

Presumably it's not been blocked by the firewall:
    Get and Give Remote Assistance with Quick Assist app in Windows 10
    - some unfinished discussion as to whether both accounts had to be MS accounts or not.

I found this:
    Windows 10 Quick Assist: Helpful Remote Assistance App or Potential Vulnerability? — Steeves and Associates

https://4sysops.com/archives/remote-control-windows-10-with-quick-assist/

This gives useful detail on how it works. For example, it uses port 443, so you need to check that's not blocked.
    It also indicates how to block it- so you can check that doesn't apply.

dalchina, Jan 16, 2022
  3. Win-10 Pro Quick Assist app shortcut

Thanks for everyone's suggestions. Turns out that Quick Assist is already a shortcut in the Open Shell menu, but I was looking in the Apps menu as I knew that Quick Assist was a Win-10 pre-installed app and thus only looked in the Apps menu. Problem solved. Thanks.

wintenprouser, Jan 16, 2022
  4. Julie Ram Win User

Does Quick Assist for Win 11 work to help Win 10 users?

quick assist for win 10

Hi Cindy,

Microsoft Quick Assist is a Windows 10 app that enables two people to share a computer over a remote connection so that one person can help solve problems on the other person’s computer.

To open Quick Assist, follow these steps:

Select the Start button > Windows Accessories >
    Quick Assist, or select the search box on the taskbar and type
    Quick Assist
    , and then select Quick Assist in the list of results.

For more information regarding Quick Assist, you may check this
    link.

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to post back.

If you think this was useful, you may "mark it as answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Julie Ram, Jan 16, 2022
Thema:

Does Quick Assist for Win 11 work to help Win 10 users?

1. Does Quick Assist for Win 11 work to help Win 10 users? - Similar Threads - Does Quick Assist

2. Assist me with making one EFI to Win-10 + Win-11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Assist me with making one EFI to Win-10 + Win-11: Hi,I had a need to increase my Windows 10 secondary partition OS to a bigger disk size but the Windows 11 primary partition OS would not permit me to resize. Next I created a backup recovery image from inside Windows 10. I went into Windows 11 and formatted Windows 10 while...
  3. Assist me with making one EFI to Win-10 + Win-11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Assist me with making one EFI to Win-10 + Win-11: Hi,I had a need to increase my Windows 10 secondary partition OS to a bigger disk size but the Windows 11 primary partition OS would not permit me to resize. Next I created a backup recovery image from inside Windows 10. I went into Windows 11 and formatted Windows 10 while...
  4. Quick Assist for users in domain

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick Assist for users in domain: Hey there!Users are using 3rd Party applications in their systems to remotely access another user for support. I want to limit the users from accessing another user systems and they must use only MS Quick Assist for remote support. Additionally, users in my company domain...
  5. Quick Assist for users in domain

Quick Assist for users in domain: Hey there!Users are using 3rd Party applications in their systems to remotely access another user for support. I want to limit the users from accessing another user systems and they must use only MS Quick Assist for remote support. Additionally, users in my company domain...
  6. Quick Assist for users in domain

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Does Quick Assist for Win 11 work to help Win 10 users?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does Quick Assist for Win 11 work to help Win 10 users?: I need to be able to help others with Win 10 setups. If I upgrade to Win 11 will Quick Assist still work to connect to Win 10 machines? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-quick-assist-for-win-11-work-to-help-win-10/df44e002-dd5d-468f-af31-5c4a37164ffa
  8. [Win 11 Users] Does your upgrade from Win 10 to Win 11 affected your development environment.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [Win 11 Users] Does your upgrade from Win 10 to Win 11 affected your development environment.: For those who have upgraded from Win 10 to Win 11, did the upgraded affected your development environment i.e.PythonVS CodeMongoDBNodeJSNPMGit...
  9. [Win 11 Users] Does your upgrade from Win 10 to Win 11 affected your development environment.

[Win 11 Users] Does your upgrade from Win 10 to Win 11 affected your development environment.: For those who have upgraded from Win 10 to Win 11, did the upgraded affected your development environment i.e.PythonVS CodeMongoDBNodeJSNPMGit...
  10. Win 10 Quick Assist hangs after installing KB4340917

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 Quick Assist hangs after installing KB4340917: I select Quick Assist, Give assistance and then I see dots circling https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/win-10-quick-assist-hangs-after-installing/046fd584-65ed-4da1-9434-311b3451936c