Windows 10: Does re-installing Windows 10 make it faster?

Discus and support Does re-installing Windows 10 make it faster? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I remember in the old days, reformatting after a defrag and re installing a Windows version kind of made it faster. Is this still true today? Should I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Arkas, Aug 4, 2021.

1. Arkas Win User

Does re-installing Windows 10 make it faster?

I remember in the old days, reformatting after a defrag and re installing a Windows version kind of made it faster. Is this still true today? Should I be 'refreshing' Windows 10? I don't think my machine is slower, just wondering what the norm is. Thanks.

:)

Arkas, Aug 4, 2021

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 4, 2021
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Aug 4, 2021
  4. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Aug 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Does re-installing Windows 10 make it faster? - Similar Threads - Does installing faster

2. How to make Windows 10 start faster

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to make Windows 10 start faster: https://bit.ly/3HP2zBq Go onto the link to download the video. How do I fix this? It literally takes 2 or more minutes to start and some weird black screen occurs for so long. Also how do I disable the logo of my monitor showing in startup? is it possible? Can anyone help me...
  3. How to make Windows 10 start faster

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to make Windows 10 start faster: https://bit.ly/3HP2zBq Go onto the link to download the video. How do I fix this? It literally takes 2 or more minutes to start and some weird black screen occurs for so long. Also how do I disable the logo of my monitor showing in startup? is it possible? Can anyone help me...
  4. How to make Windows 10 run faster

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make Windows 10 run faster: After finally installing windows 10 on my 10 year old laptop, it was faster but on for a couple hours. After I started searching the web and light gaming, it started becoming slow again. I followed many steps by uninstalling unwanted files. I also put it on its best...
  5. How to make Windows 10 run faster

How to make Windows 10 run faster: After finally installing windows 10 on my 10 year old laptop, it was faster but on for a couple hours. After I started searching the web and light gaming, it started becoming slow again. I followed many steps by uninstalling unwanted files. I also put it on its best...
  6. How to make Windows 10 Update 20H2 Installer become faster?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make Windows 10 Update 20H2 Installer become faster?: So I am currently using a Windows 10 version 1903 and the reason I don't want to update it to 21H2 is that there are a lot of bugs that happened when I was in that version before. Can someone help me boost the installer because it is wasting too much of my time and...
  7. How to make Windows 10 Update 20H2 Installer become faster?

How to make Windows 10 Update 20H2 Installer become faster?: So I am currently using a Windows 10 version 1903 and the reason I don't want to update it to 21H2 is that there are a lot of bugs that happened when I was in that version before. Can someone help me boost the installer because it is wasting too much of my time and...
  8. How to make Windows 10 Update 20H2 Installer become faster?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Make Windows 10 And Windows 10 21H1 Faster

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Make Windows 10 And Windows 10 21H1 Faster: and all upcoming Windows 10 Versions Faster Like Windows 8.1, Windows 7 and Windows 10 LTSCIn Everything By- Turning it on like a rocket- Minimizes RAM loads- Give Rocket Airplane fast Processor/3D and Non-3D Graphics performance in both games, applications and programs...
  10. Help me make Windows 10 faster

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help me make Windows 10 faster: So, my windows 10 is somewhat slow, not something unusable, just slow compared the performance that my hardware would have, but the thing is that I have some suspicions that my HD is the main issue, it's a slow HD, I don't know the exact model but it is the default one from...