Windows 10: Does re-installing Windows erase my non-Windows programs

Discus and support Does re-installing Windows erase my non-Windows programs in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello.I've seen some questions regarding this, but the answers aren't explicit enough to allay my fears. What I want to know, with a Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MarkDonaldson1114, Sep 21, 2022.

1. Does re-installing Windows erase my non-Windows programs

Hello.I've seen some questions regarding this, but the answers aren't explicit enough to allay my fears. What I want to know, with a Windows re-install, does it erase my programs in C:\Programs and C:\Programs x86?If so, what are my options? Can I copy those programs to another drive? I don't want to refresh Windows without knowing the consequences! Any advice you can give me would be terrific! Mark

:)

MarkDonaldson1114, Sep 21, 2022

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 21, 2022
  3. Windows program to secure erase files only

I tried doing a search and only found optimal ways to fully erase a disc. Since there are a ton of programs I thought it best to just ask for a current recommendation. I would like to erase a few folders only on a W7 machine and do not need a full time paid program.

Thank you for any suggestions.

nomdeplume, Sep 21, 2022
  4. Mike0409 Win User

Does re-installing Windows erase my non-Windows programs

Windows program to secure erase files only

I've used fileshredder in the past - File Shredder

Mike0409, Sep 21, 2022
Thema:

Does re-installing Windows erase my non-Windows programs

1. Does re-installing Windows erase my non-Windows programs - Similar Threads - Does installing erase

2. Does re-installing Windows erase my non-Windows programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does re-installing Windows erase my non-Windows programs: Hello.I've seen some questions regarding this, but the answers aren't explicit enough to allay my fears. What I want to know, with a Windows re-install, does it erase my programs in C:\Programs and C:\Programs x86?If so, what are my options? Can I copy those programs to...
  3. Does re-installing Windows erase my non-Windows programs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Does re-installing Windows erase my non-Windows programs: Hello.I've seen some questions regarding this, but the answers aren't explicit enough to allay my fears. What I want to know, with a Windows re-install, does it erase my programs in C:\Programs and C:\Programs x86?If so, what are my options? Can I copy those programs to...
  4. Windows search still shows non installed programs

in Cortana
    Windows search still shows non installed programs: Hello, My laptop has an issue where it doesn't remove nonexistent programs from Windows search. It currently runs Windows 10 Enterprise version 20H2 build 19042.844. What I tried so far: Reinstall the program and remove it. Clean the registry using CCleaner and...
  5. Backup program installations before Windows re-installation

Backup program installations before Windows re-installation: Dear all Again I have to do a complete re-installation of Windows since microsoft isn't able to solve my problems. Since I have a big development environment with a lot of different software installed it takes me always up to 2-3 day until I have everything re-installed and...
  6. Non-erasable file on desktop?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Non-erasable file on desktop?: Hey, I kind of put a non-erasable test.gif file on my desktop. I cannot delete them even with Admin CMD. Does anyone else have an idea? PS: Turning off visibility is not an option... [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Nicht löschbare Datei auf Desktop?
  7. Re-install of non-removable windows apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Re-install of non-removable windows apps: Using CCleaner i removed some of the pre-installed non-removable windows apps such as alarms & clock, get help, maps, etc. i reinstalled them from the MS Store. I dont have a restore point, and i cannot seem to find the get help app from the MS Storei need a link to it.Will...
  8. Does installing windows erase my other drives?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does installing windows erase my other drives?: Like the title says I want to know if using the USB thing to install windows will delete the contents of my other drives, I'm not worried about the data on the drive that I'll be using to install windows. submitted by /u/xdhelicopter [link] [comments]...
  9. windows fails after installing a non specific program

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows fails after installing a non specific program: Hi there , 2 weeks ago i updated my windows 7 to 10 clean installed and after installing i started to install some programs i need , but after the installings then restarting for the apps when pc booted on desktop i couldn't use search box as it was nothing appear on the...
  10. re-installation of my Windows

re-installation of my Windows: Hello team, I have a laptop that I purchased in 2015 which is now suffering issues. Before I replace it completely, I want to format the hard drive and start fresh to see if this will fix the problem. I purchased the pc new from with the operating system preinstalled. I...