Windows 10: Does Recent Activity misidentify platform and browser?

Discus and support Does Recent Activity misidentify platform and browser? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I checked Recent Activity for my Microsoft account and for a couple of logins earlier this month, it indicated Windows as my platform, and that the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Dini77, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Dini77 Win User

Does Recent Activity misidentify platform and browser?

I checked Recent Activity for my Microsoft account and for a couple of logins earlier this month, it indicated Windows as my platform, and that the login was via Internet Explorer. But I don't have a Windows PC and don't use Explorer. I have a Windows 10 Mobile phone and use Edge. This platform and browser are correctly identified in more recent logins. The IP addresses are inconsistent between my various logins and hard to recognize if IPv6, but for the "Windows" logins it shows a map of my area. I use 2 factor login so it seems unlikely that my account was hacked. But it is still very worrisome that Activity shows logins from a system I don't use. I'm curious if it is common for an incorrect platform and browser to be shown for Windows 10 Mobile users.

:)

Dini77, Oct 30, 2018

2. Recent Activity from unused browsers

When logged in via my msn.com account, and using the Chrome browser, I see successful logins from my Windows platform on Chrome, showing it as my current session. However, I also see successful logins from my Windows platform via Internet Explorer, which
    I use maybe once a week and not at the time or the frequencies shown in the Recent Activity pages.

Also, when logged in via my hotmail.com account, and using the Chrome browser, I see successful logins from my Windows platform on Chrome, showing it as my current session. However, I also see successful logins from my Windows platform via microsoft edge,
    which I have used maybe once or twice a year and not at the time or the frequencies shown in the Recent Activity pages.

All of the logins are shown from the same IP address.

Does anyone know why this is happening?

TKColorado, Oct 30, 2018
  3. cl1001 Win User
    Child account - Recent Activity & Web Browsing issues not collected

I tried the suggested action, but still not seeing any recent activities listed.

cl1001, Oct 30, 2018
  4. Does Recent Activity misidentify platform and browser?

Recent Activity from unused browsers

Hi,

Since you are suspecting unusual activities on your account, we recommend that you follow the steps provided in this

article
    to manage your unusual activities.

Let us know if we could be of any help regarding Windows in the future.

Dennis Mop, Oct 30, 2018
Thema:

Does Recent Activity misidentify platform and browser?

1. Does Recent Activity misidentify platform and browser? - Similar Threads - Does Recent Activity

2. Microsoft Edge misidentified my location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Edge misidentified my location: Microsoft Edge misidentified my location. I'm in Vietnam, but my IP address is in Hong Kong. My phone still shows the correct location. Please help me!Edition Windows 11 Home Single Language Version 21H2 Installed on ‎02/‎08/‎2021 OS build 22000.493 Experience Windows Feature...
  3. Microsoft Edge misidentified my location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge misidentified my location: Microsoft Edge misidentified my location. I'm in Vietnam, but my IP address is in Hong Kong. My phone still shows the correct location. Please help me!Edition Windows 11 Home Single Language Version 21H2 Installed on ‎02/‎08/‎2021 OS build 22000.493 Experience Windows Feature...
  4. Recent activity not logged

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recent activity not logged: I just went into my 'recent activity' in one of my outlook accounts, and the only activiy that was logged was my current session. Is there an explanation for this? I had logged on from other machines previously - and expected to see these logins.I am worried that I cannot...
  5. Network misidentifies a Computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network misidentifies a Computer: Questions: How can I get my wife's PC to show up as a "Computer" instead of a "Media Device" on my network? Background: I have three computers at home, a laptop and two PCs, all running version 2004 of Windows 10. The newest PC and the laptop both came with Windows 10...
  6. does activity report show activity on firefox, other non-microsoft browsers?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    does activity report show activity on firefox, other non-microsoft browsers?: does activity report show activity on firefox, other non-microsoft browsers? i am the parent. i just turned on the activity report feature. is this tracking of browser activity limited to edge and internet explorer?...
  7. Misidentified Device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Misidentified Device: Hi all. Instead of being identified as a USB keyboard under the Devices class in Control Panel, a mechanical keyboard of mine is under Unspecified as a "USB Input Device". Any idea on what is causing this? How can i fix it? Thanks so much....
  8. Recent Activities

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recent Activities: is there a way to get rid of recent activities when I load Windows 7? This is no substituted for Favorites. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recent-activities/03678bfd-d8ef-4a19-a135-1baeebb95797
  9. Does it include update for antimalware platform?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Does it include update for antimalware platform?: "%ProgramFiles%\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun.exe" "-SignatureUpdate" Does the above include update for antimalware platform? 124077
  10. Recent activity check

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Recent activity check: On checking my recent activity the map shows up from London area but I live in Wales. There are a number of these with different IP addresses - can someone please explain why this is. I ran Malwarebytes but nothing showed up and I also have BT virus security with nothing...