Windows 10: Does regini command accept space in key name?

Discus and support Does regini command accept space in key name? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm trying to use regini to update registry permission. Is there way to update permission of key name with a space? Registry key path is following.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Byungkook_Emeres, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Does regini command accept space in key name?

I'm trying to use regini to update registry permission.

Is there way to update permission of key name with a space?

Registry key path is following.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Alpha Industries inc.

The name of key is not the actual registry key name but format is the same.

Yes, there are 2 spaces and a dot(.) in the name.

I tried following context in the text file called 1.TXT and ran REGINI 1.TXT but no success. It doesn't update permission.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\alpha industries inc. [1 5 7 17]

"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\alpha industries inc." [1 5 7 17]

Is there any other command line tool to accomplish this?

Space in the registry key name is not unusual. You will see many registry key with space and also with special characters so please don't recommend me to remove spaces and dot from the name.

Thank you

:)

Byungkook_Emeres, Jan 7, 2019
  2. Naki Win User

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile Does regini command accept space in key name? :)

Naki, Jan 7, 2019
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Jan 7, 2019
  4. Does regini command accept space in key name?

My windows password won't be accepted.

Hello,

We appreciate your persistent patience on this issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to create a new user account.

Step 1: I suggest you to boot the device to Safe mode with networking from lock screen.

Refer to: From the sign-in screen

Step 2: Once you are in Safe mode, I recommend you to add another user account.

Follow the below steps to create new user account from Safe mode:

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
    • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
      Command Prompt
    • Type the following command and hit Enter:
    • net user <new user name> <password> /add" (substituting the desired username for "new user name" and the desired password for "password" example: "net user newuser 12345 /add"
      (Check for the spaces)
    • Close the command prompt and restart the computer to check if you are able to see the new user account.

Let us know if the above recommendation is helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jan 7, 2019
Thema:

Does regini command accept space in key name?

1. Does regini command accept space in key name? - Similar Threads - Does regini command

2. The product key does not accept the letter z

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The product key does not accept the letter z: The product key does not accept the letter z https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-product-key-does-not-accept-the-letter-z/df2154cd-6fbe-4bbb-acfa-6455d012032c
  3. The product key does not accept the letter z

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The product key does not accept the letter z: The product key does not accept the letter z https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-product-key-does-not-accept-the-letter-z/df2154cd-6fbe-4bbb-acfa-6455d012032c
  4. The product key does not accept the letter z

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. My Windows 10 Does Not accept product key.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    My Windows 10 Does Not accept product key.: I brought a refurbished PC with windows 10 installed over two years ago. Recently I started to get this "Activate Windows" message. I have the product key that came with the PC upon purchase but it don't work anymore. There was work done on the PC by some college kid who...
  6. Help with command folder with key name in registry

in Windows 10 Support
    Help with command folder with key name in registry: Hi All, I have been annoyed with an entry "Backup using FileFort Backup" on the File Folders right click drop down menu, I would think left when evaluating different backup apps. I searched the registry HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\ and found the key name entry folder, there is a...
  7. Key Not Accepted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Key Not Accepted: I have a key for personal Office 365 however when I enter it doesn't install. The card has never been used as I had to scratch of the silver on the card. Cant figure out what is wrong....
  8. OneDrive command to sync automattically screenshots does not accept it

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    OneDrive command to sync automattically screenshots does not accept it: I had a problem because my files, recently, does not sync automatically in OneDrive. Because, i had other problems, too, i formatted my PC and re-installed everything from scratch. But this problem with autosave and sync files keeps on. I have found out that mo matter how...
  9. Take registry key ownership via CMD or Regini or Powershell

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Take registry key ownership via CMD or Regini or Powershell: Hi ! I have a little problem. In my workplace we use Win 10 IOT LTSB. I have a task that i must clear the safeboot funkction of the Windows system. I googled for solving the problem, and i get answer that i must change registry key names...
  10. Connecting to WiFi router, no spaces accepted for key

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connecting to WiFi router, no spaces accepted for key: For some reason in the latest build 9926, I can no longer enter my WiFi key (which contains a long phrase with spaces in it). The keyboard doesn't allow entry of the space.. it just doesn't do anything. Anyone else have this issue? It worked fine in the last build. Even...