Windows 10: Does Remote Desktop Work on a Hidden Log In Account?

Discus and support Does Remote Desktop Work on a Hidden Log In Account? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a hidden user account (administrator) on one PC and I am curious if I can be able to access that computer remotely via Remote Desktop? Meaning... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/fried_chckn, Apr 13, 2021.

1. Does Remote Desktop Work on a Hidden Log In Account?

I have a hidden user account (administrator) on one PC and I am curious if I can be able to access that computer remotely via Remote Desktop?

Meaning to say, when the Remote Desktop asks for log in and password and I input the hidden account details, would it work?

Not a programmer and I am just curious to learning how this work. Any insight would help. Thanks!

submitted by /u/fried_chckn
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/fried_chckn, Apr 13, 2021

2. remote desktop woe`s

Since when is that? My local account does not exist on my server, I can log in fine. I could always log in at home from work, again different accounts and even different domains. It matters not, you can enter any credentials. It would be rather useless if it works like you suggested. I fact, no Windows authentication works that way, you can always enter other credentials.

DanTheBanjoman, Apr 13, 2021
  3. Remote Desktop

Okay guys need some help here before going crazy...
    I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection and see exactly what the logged on user is looking at with out going through Windows Remote Desktop.

Since its local network I don't have any password or want to setup a password.

Any suggestions are appreciated

kikicoco1334, Apr 13, 2021
  4. Does Remote Desktop Work on a Hidden Log In Account?

Remote Desktop not working for my Windows/10 machine

I restored a computer to original Windows/10, set it to allow remote access, and still can't access it using Remote Desktop from another machine.

They are both network connected to the same wireless router.

I'm logged into the same Microsoft account on both.

I'm trying to access it using either computername or IP address - neither works.

I CAN successfully run TRACERT using either computername or IP address and both work.

Windows Firewall does not list an application named "Remote Desktop" (still doesn't connect even if I turn the firewall off).

Thoughts? Suggestions?

DaveFromNH, Apr 13, 2021
Thema:

Does Remote Desktop Work on a Hidden Log In Account?

1. Does Remote Desktop Work on a Hidden Log In Account? - Similar Threads - Does Remote Desktop

2. Remote desktop does not work in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote desktop does not work in windows 11: Hi. I cannot connect to my windows machine running 11RDC is enabledFrom pc on same network when attempting to connect, it sees it right enough, but it will not accept my credentials. the account is a microsoft one. I am entering the correct info, this is not the issue.I have...
  3. Trouble Logging in with Remote Desktop by having a Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble Logging in with Remote Desktop by having a Microsoft Account: Hi guys, I'm trying to login via my MacBook with the official Microsoft Remote Desktop. I have no issues finding the name of the pc, but while setting up the account informations for the login. My Lenovo PC has windows 10 installed and the main account is logged in via...
  4. Trouble Logging in with Remote Desktop by having a Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trouble Logging in with Remote Desktop by having a Microsoft Account: Hi guys, I'm trying to login via my MacBook with the official Microsoft Remote Desktop. I have no issues finding the name of the pc, but while setting up the account informations for the login. My Lenovo PC has windows 10 installed and the main account is logged in via...
  5. Trouble Logging in with Remote Desktop by having a Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. How does a hacker create a hidden administrative account remotely

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How does a hacker create a hidden administrative account remotely: I have been hacked. People ask, well how have you been hacked? I have a lot of memory issues due to cancer treatments so I only do my best to remember or take pictures. Lots and lots of pictures. When you are on your computer & everything is awesome & no one has been in the...
  7. Remote desktop not working with microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote desktop not working with microsoft account: I have my Win 10 desktop set up with a Microsoft account, and would like to access the desktop with remote desktop, more specifically the RD Client app on android made by Microsoft. I have not been able to get the app to work with a Microsoft account however. Whenever I try...
  8. Remote desktop not working with microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote desktop not working with microsoft account: I have my Win 10 desktop set up with a Microsoft account, and would like to access the desktop with remote desktop, more specifically the RD Client app on android made by Microsoft. I have not been able to get the app to work with a Microsoft account however. Whenever I try...
  9. Remote desktop not working with microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Remote Desktop Does not work on certain PC's

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop Does not work on certain PC's: I have 2 PC's with Windows 10 Home version. One upgraded from Windows 7 and 1 upgraded from Windows 8.1. I need to connect over internet to a system for a work application using RDP. I can log into the remote system web page to download the Remote app on both PC's. On the...