Windows 10: Does removing a Junction Point delete files on the destination?

Discus and support Does removing a Junction Point delete files on the destination? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; mklink /J "path to junction link" "path to target folder" How do I unlink this? And does it remove the target folder’s files? submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/RicePooh, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Does removing a Junction Point delete files on the destination?

mklink /J "path to junction link" "path to target folder"

How do I unlink this? And does it remove the target folder’s files?

submitted by /u/RicePooh
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/RicePooh, Feb 7, 2020

2. Access Points and Destinations

it takes a bit of getting used to moving from the access point lists to the destinations list they use now.

a couple of points i would suggest that are useful is that

1 many applications will inherit the settings specified in the browser or the 'default' setting in the destinations menu

2 you can add destinations and copy access points to them, if say you want some things to use wifi and an internet cell access point in that order, but you want something else to only only the internet cell access point you can add it to a new destination.

3 some apps that bring up the destinations list allow you to select access points from the options menu.

flagpole---01, Feb 7, 2020
  3. Junction point for certain file type

You must move them there manually or by means of an automatic script. Junction points work only for fully named files or folders.

Frederik Long, Feb 7, 2020
  4. Does removing a Junction Point delete files on the destination?

junction points

how do you get rid of junction points i have 3 different documents

C:\Users\User\Documents

Raymond Victor LopezBautista, Feb 7, 2020
Thema:

Does removing a Junction Point delete files on the destination?

1. Does removing a Junction Point delete files on the destination? - Similar Threads - Does removing Junction

2. Image restore caused corrupt junction points

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Image restore caused corrupt junction points: After unsuccesfully trying to migrate to the new intel VROC/RSTe drive without reinstalling, I restored back the Windows 10 image to traditional AHCI-attached drive.Windows got restored without visible errors, booted up.But I see all the system default junction points...
  3. Image restore caused corrupt junction points

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Image restore caused corrupt junction points: After unsuccesfully trying to migrate to the new intel VROC/RSTe drive without reinstalling, I restored back the Windows 10 image to traditional AHCI-attached drive.Windows got restored without visible errors, booted up.But I see all the system default junction points...
  4. Image restore caused corrupt junction points

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Reparse points aka Junctions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reparse points aka Junctions: File History backup fails with errors related to Reparse points.How can I delete all reparse points on my disc??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reparse-points-aka-junctions/7db35f2d-fd3d-421e-b587-9c5da8a03de9
  6. Reparse points aka Junctions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reparse points aka Junctions: File History backup fails with errors related to Reparse points.How can I delete all reparse points on my disc??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reparse-points-aka-junctions/7db35f2d-fd3d-421e-b587-9c5da8a03de9
  7. Reparse points aka Junctions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Show Junctions in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    Show Junctions in File Explorer?: Is there a way for Windows Explorer to differentiate between a junction and the actual data pointed to by the junction? Also, it appears that both the junction and actual data location both show storage being used for the files. Is there a way for the junction location to...
  9. sendto does not work; cannot add or remove destinations

in Windows 10 Customization
    sendto does not work; cannot add or remove destinations: editing SENDTO is impossible https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sendto-does-not-work-cannot-add-or-remove/561ae3ea-6de0-48fe-8ff0-7a4ff319359e
  10. Reparse Points Symlinks Junctions not important in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Reparse Points Symlinks Junctions not important in Windows 10: In Windows 7, these NTFS properties were enforced 100%. In Windows 10, it is likely that between 20 and 60 of these symbolic links are not enforced. Is it important in Windows 10 now? Was it important then in Windows 7? 81302