Windows 10: Does renaming these folders prompt UAC?

Discus and support Does renaming these folders prompt UAC? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I was fumbling around inside a third party file explorer, and accidentally prompted the rename of the Users folder. I managed to avoid renaming it, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Double, Sep 20, 2015.

1. Double Win User

Does renaming these folders prompt UAC?

I was fumbling around inside a third party file explorer, and accidentally prompted the rename of the Users folder. I managed to avoid renaming it, but what would have happened if I had?

Assuming you are running as administrator, does renaming the following folders prompt the User Account Control? Also, what would happen if you added for instance a '2' at the end of 'Windows' or 'Program Files', but renamed them back to their original name before sleeping or shutting down?

• ESD
    • IExp0.tmp
    • IExp1.tmp
    • PerfLogs
    • Program Files
    • Program Files (x86)
    • SwSetup
    • Users
    • Windows

:)

Double, Sep 20, 2015

2. Transfer folder

Thanks for the prompt answer, but that does not work in edge, when you right click the only option is remove, create new folder, rename and open in new tab using (windows 10)

DennisWiggins, Sep 20, 2015
  3. Ramesh Srinivasan, Sep 20, 2015
Thema:

Does renaming these folders prompt UAC?

1. Does renaming these folders prompt UAC? - Similar Threads - Does renaming folders

2. UAC Prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UAC Prompt: Hi,I will like to know what is the best practice User Access Control for end user in the case of their Laptop joined Domain.QNS:They still can access using local admin when their PC is joined to domain? How can i avoid there OR that is the nature of it?ThanksRaymond...
  3. UAC Prompt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UAC Prompt: Hi,I will like to know what is the best practice User Access Control for end user in the case of their Laptop joined Domain.QNS:They still can access using local admin when their PC is joined to domain? How can i avoid there OR that is the nature of it?ThanksRaymond...
  4. Rundll32 UAC prompts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Rundll32 UAC prompts: I know this issue kinda persistent through ages and windows versions. But has anybody ever found a fix for it apart from repair install? First I had this issue when I want to open my audio devices/sound controls (first on win7 but after a while I got it on win10 too) , now I...
  5. UAC Prompt Requirement

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    UAC Prompt Requirement: Recently, whenever I try and run something on my computer that need Admin Permission, I get prompted with a UAC pin requirement, is there any way I might get rid of this? My Dad has put the password on my Laptop and I am unsure as of how to bypass it. I just need help...
  6. UAC prompt - .bat

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    UAC prompt - .bat: Windowsversion: 1903 Hey guys I have been trying to find a topic that explained exactly what I needed. Think is, I have a file that I would like to run, but don't want to type in my administrator each time. I'd like right click on the file, and then be able to click on a...
  7. UAC Elevation prompts?

UAC Elevation prompts?: Which is more secure regards to the UAC Elevation prompt? And which one should I select for the Admin account? Prompt for Credentials on the Secure Desktop or Prompt for Credentials? 137776
  8. UAC Prompt

UAC Prompt: I am having difficulty accessing a website or PowerPoint document due to an issue with the UAC prompt. When the prompt comes up, I manually enter the username and password. *** Email address is removed for privacy *** Fakep@ssword1 The UAC prompt goes away for a split...
  9. how to disable the UAC prompt when renaming a file?

in Windows 10 Support
    how to disable the UAC prompt when renaming a file?: How do I turn it off? I am the admin of my pc and do-not-want this damn prompt every time I change a file's name. 51697
  10. Folder rename prompt closes automatically.

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder rename prompt closes automatically.: Hi all, I'm using a custom built desktop with Windows 10 Pro. I'm having issues when I rename a folder. It closes the rename prompt on its own in about 2-3 seconds after I've clicked rename. How do I fix this? Also this may not be related but a folder with a lot of images...