Windows 10: Does "Reset this PC" with Keep Files option keep files for apps not installed in Program Files?

Discus and support Does "Reset this PC" with Keep Files option keep files for apps not installed in Program Files? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm curious as to the answer to this question. I've seen lists showing which folders get removed and which ones are kept, but I can't see any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Lousy_Username, Feb 1, 2020.

1. Does "Reset this PC" with Keep Files option keep files for apps not installed in Program Files?

I'm curious as to the answer to this question. I've seen lists showing which folders get removed and which ones are kept, but I can't see any information on whether files for applications not installed in Program Files (x86) or Program Files get removed as well.

E.g. if I had games installed to C:\Games would those files be removed, or will it simply uninstall the games and not touch the files themselves at all?

submitted by /u/Lousy_Username
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Lousy_Username, Feb 1, 2020
  2. dark2099 Win User

Generating a .txt based file list in Windows 7

I want to be able to generate a .txt file that lists all the files and folders in a specific folder on my PC, but don't know the name of any programs that do that. Searched on google a bit and came up with this guide, but it's for XP and I can't seem to find some of the folder options to modify the .bat file. Any suggestions? Thanks

http://www.theeldergeek.com/file_list_generator.htm

EDIT: The .bat file will do what I want if it is in the folder I want to do it in, but the option I want to add is having the right click option that it shows.

dark2099, Feb 1, 2020
  3. thraxed Win User
    help needed to reset file names

I think if you associated the file type with cmd.exe it would reset it. Right click on the .dat file and choose open with. Hold the shift key when you right click if you don't see the option. Just have to find the right program to change the hover info. In folder options I think there a box for showing extensions on registered file types.

thraxed, Feb 1, 2020
  4. DCnewbie Win User

Does "Reset this PC" with Keep Files option keep files for apps not installed in Program Files?

Are my Registry Files all legitimate programs?

Isn't there a web tool whereby I can check if programs listed in my REGISTRY FILES are legitimate programs?

DCnewbie, Feb 1, 2020
Thema:

Does "Reset this PC" with Keep Files option keep files for apps not installed in Program Files?

1. Does "Reset this PC" with Keep Files option keep files for apps not installed in Program Files? - Similar Threads - Does Reset Keep

2. if we reset our pc with keep my files option then what files does it include to recover??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    if we reset our pc with keep my files option then what files does it include to recover??: What all files comes under personal which our pc keeps ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-we-reset-our-pc-with-keep-my-files-option-then/c08b16e8-e56c-4845-a66c-2ccd93ef45d9
  3. if we reset our pc with keep my files option then what files does it include to recover??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    if we reset our pc with keep my files option then what files does it include to recover??: What all files comes under personal which our pc keeps ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-we-reset-our-pc-with-keep-my-files-option-then/c08b16e8-e56c-4845-a66c-2ccd93ef45d9
  4. Resetting pc and keeping and losing files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resetting pc and keeping and losing files: I was wondering if anyone knew about if you disconnected your internal hard drives and then reset your pc back to factory then reinstall the drives will all the files still be on that internal hard drive after you plug it back in. I’m aware the one you still have plugged in...
  5. Resetting pc and keeping and losing files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Resetting pc and keeping and losing files: I was wondering if anyone knew about if you disconnected your internal hard drives and then reset your pc back to factory then reinstall the drives will all the files still be on that internal hard drive after you plug it back in. I’m aware the one you still have plugged in...
  6. Resetting pc and keeping and losing files

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Reset This PC -- "Keep my files" option

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset This PC -- "Keep my files" option: I was wondering, if you select the "Keep my files" option while resetting the PC, what folders does Windows keep on the laptop? And besides that, does Windows wipe everything else other than those folders? Any help is appreciated! :...
  8. Keep my files option in Reset this PC menu

Keep my files option in Reset this PC menu: What I need to know is which files will be considered as personal files during the reset process. Will the entire windows partition be wiped, including the username folder in Users folder which contains folders like Pictures, Downloads and other folders like Android sdk and...
  9. choose keep personal file & apps in upgarade this pc option

choose keep personal file & apps in upgarade this pc option: if i choose this option so my data which saved in drives C:,D:,H:,F: will not be losing ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/choose-keep-personal-file-apps-in-upgarade-this-pc/72652abd-81e8-4537-ae17-b8e307567c88
  10. What does "Keep My Files" keep when resetting PC?

What does "Keep My Files" keep when resetting PC?: I'm planning to do a quick reset on this PC since it's getting a bit too cluttered for my taste and I'm experiencing strange stuff happening to this PC that I'm not exactly sure what's the cause (It's a single user but shared PC). However, My external SSD does not have enough...