Windows 10: Does resetting my PC affect my windows 10 digital license.

Discus and support Does resetting my PC affect my windows 10 digital license. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a laptop that came pre-installed with Windows 10. I want to reset my laptop due to a problem that wont go away and after trying other solutions... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Domena100, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Domena100 Win User

Does resetting my PC affect my windows 10 digital license.

I have a laptop that came pre-installed with Windows 10. I want to reset my laptop due to a problem that wont go away and after trying other solutions on the internet the only solution left was to reset it.(ASUS Support Device notification wanting me to restart all the time). Before I reset it I'd like to know if it will affect my digital license as I dont have a key for it if I need to activate it afterwards.

:)

Domena100, Jul 29, 2019

2. Digital license

Thats how licensing works with Windows 10, the digital license is attached to your Microsoft Account and makes it easy to reactivate Windows 10 in the event you reinstall it.

Learn more:

Andre Da Costa, Jul 29, 2019
  3. Digital License

Windows 10 Digital License

When you upgraded from a previous version of Windows or receive a new computer preinstalled with Windows 10, what happened is the hardware (your PC) will get a digital entitlement, where a unique signature of the computer will be stored on Microsoft
    Activation Servers. The Windows 7 or Windows 8 genuine license you were previously running will be exchanged for a diagnostics key.

Anytime you need to reinstall Windows 10 on that machine, just proceed to reinstall Windows 10. It will automatically reactivate. You will prompted to enter a product key a couple times through the installation, click I don't have
    a key and Do this later.

There is no need to know or get a new key, but if you have issues with Digital Licensing or the Activation Troubleshooter, you can utilize an existing Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 product key you already own to
    reactivate if necessary. or use the reset function in Windows 10.

Activate Your Windows 10 License via Microsoft Chat Support

Reinstall by Performing a Direct Clean Install

If Windows 10 was already installed and activated on your system, just proceed to perform a direct clean install as described in the following articles.

Step 1: How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Step 2:

4. Does resetting my PC affect my windows 10 digital license.

digital license

Windows 10 Digital License

When you upgraded from a previous version of Windows or receive a new computer preinstalled with Windows 10, what happened is the hardware (your PC) will get a digital entitlement, where a unique signature of the computer will be stored on Microsoft
    Activation Servers. The Windows 7 or Windows 8 genuine license you were previously running will be exchanged for a diagnostics key.

Anytime you need to reinstall Windows 10 on that machine, just proceed to reinstall Windows 10. It will automatically reactivate. You will prompted to enter a product key a couple times through the installation, click I don't have
    a key and Do this later.

There is no need to know or get a new key, but if you have issues with Digital Licensing or the Activation Troubleshooter, you can utilize an existing Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 product key you already own to
    reactivate if necessary. or use the reset function in Windows 10.

Activate Your Windows 10 License via Microsoft Chat Support

Reinstall by Performing a Direct Clean Install

If Windows 10 was already installed and activated on your system, just proceed to perform a direct clean install as described in the following articles.

Step 1: How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Step 2:

Thema:

Does resetting my PC affect my windows 10 digital license.

1. Does resetting my PC affect my windows 10 digital license. - Similar Threads - Does resetting affect

2. Windows 11 does not recognize my Windows Digital License.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 does not recognize my Windows Digital License.: Hello,I bought a new PC and installed Windows 11 directly since I have a Windows Digital License. Now it is not recognizing my Digital license. Error code: 0xCOO4F213If i log on account.microsoft.com it recognizes my new PC.If i troubleshoot on my PC and select "I recently...
  3. Windows 11 does not recognize my Windows Digital License.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 does not recognize my Windows Digital License.: Hello,I bought a new PC and installed Windows 11 directly since I have a Windows Digital License. Now it is not recognizing my Digital license. Error code: 0xCOO4F213If i log on account.microsoft.com it recognizes my new PC.If i troubleshoot on my PC and select "I recently...
  4. Reset PC makes my Window 10 digital license missing

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reset PC makes my Window 10 digital license missing: Few days ago, I was resetting my laptop via "Reset PC" which I do have the genuine Window 10 license from upgrading from Window 8.1 to Window 10. After doing the resetting, current Window 10 unable to detect the license and it is now asking for the activation Windows. I have...
  5. windows 10 digital license on my windows account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows 10 digital license on my windows account: Hello guys, a quick question. I have already linked my windows 10 digital license on my windows account, If i want to "format" the driver who i have the official Windows 10 pro i need the key again? or i can just log in with my account and that's it!? submitted by...
  6. A digital license of Windows 10 on my laptop+PC.

A digital license of Windows 10 on my laptop+PC.: I've got a digital license of Windows 10 on my laptop and PC, can I install an operating system on and not use windows (not dual boot, a complete clean install of a new OS), and then if I'll need to I could switch to Windows without buying the disc/the OS? submitted by...
  7. How is my license of Windows 10 affected if I sell my PC?

How is my license of Windows 10 affected if I sell my PC?: Apologies if this is a dumb question, but I'm looking to build a new PC and sell my current one that I built years ago. I want to sell my current PC with a fresh install of Windows 10 so that whoever buys it from me has a working PC right off the bat. Is there anything I...
  8. Will reseting windows affect my HDD?

Will reseting windows affect my HDD?: i have 1 ssd and 1 hdd, i have my windows10 installed on my ssd and what i would like to do is to completely clean my ssd and keep all the data in my hdd intact. i was wondering if i were to use the reset windows option would it only reset C? or will it affect my hdd?...
  9. Windows 10 licenses on my Digital account?

Windows 10 licenses on my Digital account?: How can I find my Windows 10 licenses on my digital account? I would like to know which version (home/pro/OEM/retail) as well. I have multiple computers running different licenses and when something fails or I replace a computer with a new one I need to know what to install....
  10. Can't Activate Windows 10 with my digital license on my newly built pc.

Can't Activate Windows 10 with my digital license on my newly built pc.: So recently I built myself a new PC. Everything completely new and I wanted to transfer my retail copy of windows onto it. This copy of windows was originally for windows 8.1 but I used the free upgrade to get it to Windows 10. Before I built the PC I checked the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. does reseting pc remove digital licences