Windows 10: Does resetting the PC also wipe the files from all accounts?

Discus and support Does resetting the PC also wipe the files from all accounts? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Help me. I have another account in the PC for all other stuff. And I don't want to lose the files in there, I just need to reset my main account I use.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TheNitrogen, Aug 16, 2020.

1. Does resetting the PC also wipe the files from all accounts?

Help me. I have another account in the PC for all other stuff. And I don't want to lose the files in there, I just need to reset my main account I use. If it does, is there a way to reset the account only?

submitted by /u/TheNitrogen
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TheNitrogen, Aug 16, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Aug 16, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Reset Windows 10. Wipe all files?

Hello Wiss, and welcome to Ten Forums. Does resetting the PC also wipe the files from all accounts? :)

If you select all drives as step 6 below while doing a reset, it will delete all files from all drives connected to the PC.

Reset Windows 10

Brink, Aug 16, 2020
  4. Does resetting the PC also wipe the files from all accounts?

factory reset will wipe the data in PC?

Hello,

I realize that you are trying to perform a factory reset to the computer. We will help you.

• How are you trying to perform a factory reset in your computer?
    • What issue are you facing to perform a factory reset?
    I suggest you to perform a recovery with keep my files in Windows 10.

Recovery options in Windows 10.

Keep my files

What it does

• Reinstalls Windows 10 and keeps your personal files.

• Removes apps and drivers you installed.

• Removes changes you made to settings.

• Removes any apps your PC manufacturer installed. (If your PC came with Windows 10, apps from your PC manufacturer will be reinstalled.)

Refer:
    Recovery options in Windows 10

To Reset you’re PC,

* On your login screen, hold Shift button,
    then right click on Power button and select
    Restart

* Select Troubleshoot> Reset this PC > Keep my files.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Sachin Venkatesh, Aug 16, 2020
Thema:

Does resetting the PC also wipe the files from all accounts?

1. Does resetting the PC also wipe the files from all accounts? - Similar Threads - Does resetting wipe

2. Does resetting windows also reset drivers?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does resetting windows also reset drivers?: Hello, I reset Windows recently and I have a question, does it reset drivers? I did a soft reset meaning I kept my personal files aswell as files that were installed by my OEM....
  3. wiped all my files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wiped all my files: After the restart I noticed that all my files was gone, I tried restarting restarting several times because I thought it's just lagging or it will as move somewhere. Need help, cant find my files....
  4. wiped all my files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wiped all my files: After the restart I noticed that all my files was gone, I tried restarting restarting several times because I thought it's just lagging or it will as move somewhere. Need help, cant find my files....
  5. wiped all my files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Reset This PC doesn't appear to wipe all my drives

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reset This PC doesn't appear to wipe all my drives: I have a total of 3 drives on my computer, and I would like to clean them out. So, naturally, I go over to the "Reset this PC" option in Windows, press "Get started", click "remove everything" and I set the "Data drives" setting to "Remove all files from all drives". Yet,...
  7. Does "Reset this PC" truly wipe everything?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Does "Reset this PC" truly wipe everything?: So the company i work for recently purchased new laptops (Lenovo Thinkpad-p52s) and only one of them is having some sort of code/software compatibility issue with windows 10 and MS Access 2007 (i know its old) which causes forms in access to open and function incorrectly. I...
  8. Does "Reset this PC" wipe second HDD or just C:

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Does "Reset this PC" wipe second HDD or just C:: Hi guys, Just a quick questions as I can't find a clear answer when searching on the forum or google. I have a PC with a second HDD. I'm wanting to reset it using the "Reset this PC" option in settings as I'm having a few issues with the PC, but I was wondering if...
  9. Does "Reset this PC" remove all user accounts and logins?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Does "Reset this PC" remove all user accounts and logins?: Does "Reset this PC" -> "Keep my files" remove all user accounts and logins? or should I use "Remove Everything" to remove user accounts and logins? Thanks 68314
  10. Reset Windows 10. Wipe all files?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset Windows 10. Wipe all files?: Good evening I am currently an Windows 7 Professional user, and I was seriously considering to jump to Windows 10. After upgrading, I was thinking in doing a factory reset, in order to try to mimic a clean install of the system. When exploring the options on Internet, I...