Windows 10: Does Snip&Sketch store full size images in a cache?

Discus and support Does Snip&Sketch store full size images in a cache? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I find myself using the utility a lot and would prefer it autosave but it doesnt do that. So Snip&Sketch doesnt autosave, fine.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by josephpalmer, Feb 4, 2021.

1. Does Snip&Sketch store full size images in a cache?

I find myself using the utility a lot and would prefer it autosave but it doesnt do that.

So Snip&Sketch doesnt autosave, fine.
    C:\Users\nerf\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost_cw5n1h2txyewy\TempState\S creenClip

is there another cache location with full size screengrabs... like what is this one above for if not for Microsoft to analyze. The user doesnt seem thumbnails of their screengrabs anywhere...

What's your favorite, no-analytics, no cloud nonsense, no sketchy download site screen grabber for Windows?

Windows 10 20H2

:)

josephpalmer, Feb 4, 2021
  2. lacrumb Win User

Snip & sketch

Go to the Store, click on the 3 dots near your picture, My Library, Scroll down and see if Snip & Sketch is on the list. If it is at the right is it Install or Launch.

lacrumb, Feb 4, 2021
  3. Snip & Sketch keeps overriding clipboard

Hi Amanda,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with the Snip and Sketch app on Windows 10.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

1. Which version of Windows is running on your device?

Refer the article Which Windows operating system am I running to know about
    the information.

Here are the few steps you can try to fix the issue.

Method 1

Refer the article Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store
    and try the suggested steps and check if the issue still persists. If the issue still persists try with the method 2.

Method 2

Reset Snip & Sketch app

1. Press Windows + I key and click on
      Apps
    2. Click on Apps & features. Select Sketch & Snip app from the available list of installed apps.
    3. Click on Snip & Sketch > Advanced Options.
    4. Click on Reset option.
    5. Restart the computer once and check the status of the issue.
    6. Let us know if the issue still persists.

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Forums

Muralidhar_G, Feb 4, 2021
  4. Does Snip&Sketch store full size images in a cache?

Snip & Sketch overrides clipboard

Hello Balakrishna, my name is Marcel and I am an Independent Advisor.

I am here to help.

Follow the instructions from the article Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/402749...

If the issue persists move to this step:

Reset Snip & Sketch app

1. Press Windows + I and click on Apps

2. Tap on Apps & features, then choose the Sketch & Snip app from the list of installed apps

3. Tap on Snip & Sketch, Advanced Options

4. Tap on Reset option

5. Relaunch the computer once

Post me back, if you need further assistance.

Marcel Kuri, Feb 4, 2021
Thema:

Does Snip&Sketch store full size images in a cache?

1. Does Snip&Sketch store full size images in a cache? - Similar Threads - Does Snip&Sketch store

2. Snip & Sketch Snip

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Snip & Sketch Snip: I think 'Snip & Sketch Snip' is downloaded onto my PC. But I can't seem to install it! How is it done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snip-sketch-snip/ef691066-5c12-4db8-91ea-e35012381f12
  3. Snip & Sketch Snip

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snip & Sketch Snip: I think 'Snip & Sketch Snip' is downloaded onto my PC. But I can't seem to install it! How is it done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snip-sketch-snip/ef691066-5c12-4db8-91ea-e35012381f12
  4. Snip & Sketch Snip

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Snip and Sketch makes the snipped image darker than it actually is

in Windows 10 Customization
    Snip and Sketch makes the snipped image darker than it actually is: I'm too sure why, but the image that I crop out with Snip and Sketch and snipping tool will always be a shade darker than the actual image that I cropped, and it doesn't go away when I save the picture or use the picture elsewhere - help?...
  6. Snip & Sketch does not open the captured image

Snip & Sketch does not open the captured image: Hello there, im having at issue with "Snip & Sketch". When i start the application, capture an area it just stores the file at "%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost_cw5n1h2txyewy\TempState\ScreenClip" After that it just shows the empty Snip &...
  7. Snip & Sketch Black Underline on Images

Snip & Sketch Black Underline on Images: Using Snip & Sketch in Windows 10....every time I do a snip I get a black line at the bottom of the snip. I checked outline settings and they are off. Any suggestions?...
  8. Snip & Sketch ruler does Nothing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snip & Sketch ruler does Nothing?: Win 10 Version 1903 1) What is the purpose of the Ruler (or protractor) in this new thing we are being forced to adopt? 2) Here the ruler displays in a horizontal position, and while it can be moved up and down the screen, still in a horizontal position, it cannot be...
  9. Snip & Sketch ruler does Nothing?

in Windows 10 Support
    Snip & Sketch ruler does Nothing?: Win 10 Version 1903 1) What is the purpose of the Ruler (or protractor) in this new thing we are being forced to adopt? 2) Here the ruler displays in a horizontal position, and while it can be moved up and down the screen, still in a horizontal position, it cannot be...
  10. Snip and sketch does not save snips or sketches.

Snip and sketch does not save snips or sketches.: Downloaded the 1809 version of windows 10, no problems except that the new "Snip and sketch" app doesn't save anything. Get a message telling me " Something went wrong" all of the time. The app will not allow me to change permission to access pictures either. Did reset it...