Windows 10: Does"software updates" under Automatic Maintenance include OS updates?

Discus and support Does"software updates" under Automatic Maintenance include OS updates? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; After researching, I'm still not sure if under Security & Maintenance "automatic maintenance" setting updates just applications or if it also will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Mustachio, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Mustachio Win User

Does"software updates" under Automatic Maintenance include OS updates?

After researching, I'm still not sure if under Security & Maintenance "automatic maintenance" setting updates just applications or if it also will install OS updates.

Thank you.

P.S. Running ver 1903 (64b)

:)

Mustachio, Nov 9, 2019

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Nov 9, 2019
  3. jbunch07 Win User
    Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Does"software updates" under Automatic Maintenance include OS updates? :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Nov 9, 2019
  4. bigscale Win User

windows automatic updates

i have some questions about the windows automatic updates in windows xp pro w sp/2. ive got about forty updates they recommend , mostly for security but i only installed two today. after installing them i found them in my add/remove programs in the control panel, if i add all these updates that is a lot of space on my hd almost 1 gig. i thought that updates just updated files and not created new programs. should i innore all these update suggestions from microsoft?

bigscale, Nov 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Does"software updates" under Automatic Maintenance include OS updates? - Similar Threads - Doessoftware updates under

2. Maintenance and updates !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Maintenance and updates !: At present I have my maintenance run check set to 02.00 am on Windows 10. I am a early riser and normally on my laptop by about 04.00 am. One of the first things I do is "check for updates", I carry on using the PC until I get "restart required" and I then normally restart...
  3. Maintenance and updates !

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Maintenance and updates !: At present I have my maintenance run check set to 02.00 am on Windows 10. I am a early riser and normally on my laptop by about 04.00 am. One of the first things I do is "check for updates", I carry on using the PC until I get "restart required" and I then normally restart...
  4. Automatic maintenance behavior

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic maintenance behavior: I'm running Windows 10 Version 20H2 on an HP Laptop. I only use the laptop briefly every day and then shut it down. Since I shut down after use, I do not have automatic maintenance turned on as a task, rather I run it myself every day before shutting down. I've noticed when I...
  5. Automatic maintenance behavior

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatic maintenance behavior: I'm running Windows 10 Version 20H2 on an HP Laptop. I only use the laptop briefly every day and then shut it down. Since I shut down after use, I do not have automatic maintenance turned on as a task, rather I run it myself every day before shutting down. I've noticed when I...
  6. Automatic maintenance behavior

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Automatic Maintenance

in Windows 10 Customization
    Automatic Maintenance: This feature was accessed about 45 minutes ago and is still running. How do I get it to complete the maintenance, please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatic-maintenance/40119d17-0c2e-41b4-9982-19d4ec0cfe38
  8. Automatic Maintenance Bug?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Automatic Maintenance Bug?: I did am no Malware. Also it has not done it again since the reboot.
  9. Disable automatic maintenance?

Disable automatic maintenance?: Since the task Idle Maintenance and Regular Maintenance does not present in Task Scheduler anymore in Windows 10, does anyone know how to disable automatic maintenance? 17025
  10. Automatic maintenance and windows.old

Automatic maintenance and windows.old: I know windows.old can be purged by the user but I am curious about how often disk clean up runs as part of automatic maintenance. After the upgrade to fall creators both our machines were left with sizeable 20 odd gigs of windows.old i left it about ten days and then gave...