Windows 10: Does someone know how to track screen time with windows family

Discus and support Does someone know how to track screen time with windows family in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I want to know how to check your screen time usage, because of the limit I want to manage my time and the 15/2 minute prompts aren't enough.... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by MiksBumbulis, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Does someone know how to track screen time with windows family

I want to know how to check your screen time usage, because of the limit I want to manage my time and the 15/2 minute prompts aren't enough.

:)

MiksBumbulis, Jul 10, 2019
  2. Anonimiss Win User

Family Screen time is not working!

I had this exact problem and these are the steps I took to get the issue resolved:

• Navigate to family safety settings and remove the child from the family having issues.
    • Login to the childs account and launch Settings (windows key + i)
    • Click the Accounts icon and select Sign in with local account instead
    • Follow the steps to change to a local account. When completed, Login back to your account (admin account)
    • Go back to the family safety settings and add your child back to the family group.
    • Access your childs email address to accept the family invitation
    • Verify the child now shows properly in the family settings and that the screen times are still correct.
    • Login to the childs account and launch Settings (windows key + i)
    • Click the Accounts icon and select Sign in with microsoft account instead
    • Your family settings should now take affect.

I know this is pretty tedious, but like I said, it worked for me. If you are still having trouble, I suggest contacting support and they can help walk you through the steps to get it resolved.

Anonimiss, Jul 10, 2019
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Microsoft Family Screen Time

Hi Laurel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

This could happen when the child account fails to sync with the server. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works:

• Open
      File Explorer
      and navigate to the following location:
    • C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls

Note:
      The above mentioned directory is hidden, copy and paste the same location on the search bar in the File Explorer to access it.
    • Delete the contents in the
      \\settings
      directory of the Parental Controls folder.
    • Reboot the machine to see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, you may want to remove the child account from Microsoft family and add it again.

• To know how to remove an account from Microsoft Family, refer:

Remove members from your family group
    • To know how to add an account to Microsoft Family, refer:

Add members to your family group

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jul 10, 2019
  4. Does someone know how to track screen time with windows family

time limits in family not working

Hi Barbara,

We would like to know more details about your concern about the Family Safety time limit that is not working so we can better assist you. Kindly answer the following:

• Does it happen only with particular child account?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we would suggest that you refer to this
    support link
    on how to set up screen time limits for your child.

We look forward to your response.

Marilou Ser, Jul 10, 2019
Thema:

Does someone know how to track screen time with windows family

1. Does someone know how to track screen time with windows family - Similar Threads - Does someone track

2. im in a microsoft family with someone i dont know. i dont know how to leave the family

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    im in a microsoft family with someone i dont know. i dont know how to leave the family: i dont know how long ive been in it with this person but i just found out i was in it after trying to launch brave browser and failing because its blocked by family featureswhat do?...
  3. Tracking screen time usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tracking screen time usage: We can check our screen time by going to system > power and battery. Is that screen time the combined screen time of the multiple users? And dear Microsoft, can we have screen time tracking systems for the past month and for each app too? Please and thank you!...
  4. Tracking screen time usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tracking screen time usage: We can check our screen time by going to system > power and battery. Is that screen time the combined screen time of the multiple users? And dear Microsoft, can we have screen time tracking systems for the past month and for each app too? Please and thank you!...
  5. How does MS Family Safety calculate screen time?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How does MS Family Safety calculate screen time?: I am not trying to control now, just gather data on my son's usage. Just turned it on for the first time yesterday.Today I opened the app and get a very strange result below.I was confused initially by the daily average, but I see that it assumes you have seven days worth of...
  6. Tracking Screen Time on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Tracking Screen Time on Windows 10: Hi, I am looking for Screen Time app on Windows 10 that will allow me to track how much time I spend in particular apps. On my Mac I have build-in Screen Time, but on Windows I couldn't find that option, only in family if I would use kid account - that's ridiculous. Do you...
  7. Does someone know how to remove this thing?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does someone know how to remove this thing?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/midsty [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kui0yd/does_someone_know_how_to_remove_this_thing/
  8. Family safety time tracking issues

Family safety time tracking issues: Hello, i have Microsoft family safety setup, for 2 of my kids, one seems to work fine. the other sometimes it doesn't limit like i have set, but most of the time it says they are out of time and i know for sure they have not been on. I thought maybe they were leaving it...
  9. Family Safety Problems - Screen Time and Activity Tracking not Working

Family Safety Problems - Screen Time and Activity Tracking not Working: I have two features that are not working for children profiles setup under my account... 1. Activity Tracking is not reporting any application or web activity. 2. Screen Time is incorrectly blocking the ability to sign-in to Windows 10 regardless of the time of day. Both...
  10. Tracking Time Family

Tracking Time Family: I am trying to find out how the Family tracks time. I have 2 boys on 2 separate computers. I have created multiple days of time ranges 8am-8pm, along with total hours allowed for the day 6 on each computer under the specific accounts. My boys use the computer for school,...