Windows 10: does someone know what is causing that problem? can't use the menus, always need to restart...

Discus and support does someone know what is causing that problem? can't use the menus, always need to restart... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Noob_Pepe [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Noob_Pepe, Sep 11, 2022.

1. does someone know what is causing that problem? can't use the menus, always need to restart...

/u/Noob_Pepe, Sep 11, 2022

2. Windows 10 startup menu refreshes each time the PC is restarted

Hello CookieLatte,

A corrupted Windows component is possibly causing the Start menu items to reset every time you restart your PC. To help you resolve the issue, I suggest performing the troubleshooting steps outlined in this
    support article. The page
    has instructions on how to troubleshoot issues with Start menu in Windows 10. Please make sure that you're signed in as the administrator in order to perform the tasks listed in the link.

Let me know the results.

Devlin Sco, Sep 11, 2022
  3. dmccoy Win User
    Nvidia driver problem with 940 MX on Windows 10 x64

I would only go back to the driver from the computers manufacturers if you experience any issues with the latest drivers from devie manufacturers.

If everything is still working well with the clean boot then you can start troubleshooting as follows to start:

How to determine what is causing the problem after you do a clean boot

1. Log on to the computer by using an account that has administrator rights.
    2. From Start, search for msconfig. (In Windows 10, use the Search box from the Start menu. In Windows 8 or 8.1, swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search. Or, if you are using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, and then click Search.)
    3. Select msconfig or System Configuration from the search results.
    4. Tap or click the Services tab, and then tap or click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box.
    5. Tap or click to select the upper half of the check boxes in the Service list.
    6. Tap or click OK, and then tap or click Restart.
    7. After the computer finishes restarting, determine whether the problem still occurs.
    • If the problem still occurs, repeat steps 1 through 6, but clear the lower half of the check boxes in the Service list that you originally selected.
    • If the problem does not occur, repeat steps 1 through 6, and select only the upper half of the remaining check boxes that are cleared in the Service list. Repeat these steps until you have selected all the check boxes.
    • If you still experience the problem when only one service is selected in the Service list, this means that the selected service causes the problem, and you should go to step 11. If no service causes the problem, go to step 8.
    8. Repeat steps 1 and 3 in this section.
    9. Tap or click the Startup tab, and then tap or click to select the upper half of the check boxes in the Startup Item list.
    10. Click OK, and then click Restart.
    • If the problem still occurs, repeat steps 8 and 9, but clear the lower half of the checked boxes in the Startup Item list that you originally selected.
    • If the problem does not occur, repeat steps 8 and 9, and select only the upper half of the remaining check boxes that are cleared in the Startup Item list. Repeat these steps until you have selected all the check boxes.
    • If you still experience the problem after only one Startup Item is selected in the Startup Item list, this means that the selected Startup Item causes the problem, and you should go to step 11. If no Startup Item causes this problem, a Microsoft service probably causes the problem. To determine which Microsoft service may be causing the problem, repeat steps 1 through 7 without selecting the Hide all Microsoft services check box in each step.
    11. After you determine the startup item or the service that causes the problem, contact the program manufacturer to determine whether the problem can be resolved. Or, run the System Configuration utility, and then tap or click to clear the check box for the problem item.
    From <https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows>

dmccoy, Sep 11, 2022
  4. Naki Win User

does someone know what is causing that problem? can't use the menus, always need to restart...

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

Thema:

does someone know what is causing that problem? can't use the menus, always need to restart...

1. does someone know what is causing that problem? can't use the menus, always need to restart... - Similar Threads - does someone causing

2. what is causing this auto reboots need to know asap

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what is causing this auto reboots need to know asap: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Date: 1/13/2024 8:14:12 PM Event ID: 41 Task Category: 63 Level: Critical Keywords: 70368744177664,2 User: SYSTEM Computer: DESKTOP-6E6MJFR Description: The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This...
  3. what is causing this auto reboots need to know asap

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what is causing this auto reboots need to know asap: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Date: 1/13/2024 8:14:12 PM Event ID: 41 Task Category: 63 Level: Critical Keywords: 70368744177664,2 User: SYSTEM Computer: DESKTOP-6E6MJFR Description: The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This...
  4. Another BSOD... need to know whats causing it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Another BSOD... need to know whats causing it.: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000007f 0x0000000000000008, 0xffff810187ef5e70, 0xfffffffffffffff8, 0xfffff8032943ac20. A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: ae0c02f9-3317-4e44-9392-5222487d2d8c.UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAPmini...
  5. Another BSOD... need to know whats causing it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Another BSOD... need to know whats causing it.: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000007f 0x0000000000000008, 0xffff810187ef5e70, 0xfffffffffffffff8, 0xfffff8032943ac20. A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: ae0c02f9-3317-4e44-9392-5222487d2d8c.UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAPmini...
  6. Another BSOD... need to know whats causing it.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. does anybody know what caused this and how to fix this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    does anybody know what caused this and how to fix this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ProudNineYrOld [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i2f9wb/does_anybody_know_what_caused_this_and_how_to_fix/
  8. someone know what is this ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    someone know what is this ?: so my google chrome was suspended, when i click on it thats what i see. https://i.imgur.com/sTSe30m.png if i refresh its disappear. what cuse this ? submitted by /u/Shadowshoot [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fxlqrm/someone_know_what_is_this/
  9. Does someone know what this setting in the Registry is for?

in Windows 10 Support
    Does someone know what this setting in the Registry is for?: Using Windows 10 version version 1909 (2) The setting in question is at: Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders It is this: {A52BBA46-E9E1-435F-B3D9-28DAA648C0F6} REG_EXPAND_SZ %USERPROFILE%\Overdrive Does someone...
  10. I need to know what this code does

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I need to know what this code does: So I put this code into my cmd at one point and know its causing problems i need to know what it does and how to undo it echo 2b2t.org_Download_2b2tsourcecode & (echo :top & echo.start "C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start...