Windows 10: Does someone know what this setting in the Registry is for?

Discus and support Does someone know what this setting in the Registry is for? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Using Windows 10 version version 1909 (2) The setting in question is at:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by hasiel123, Dec 18, 2019.

1. hasiel123 Win User

Does someone know what this setting in the Registry is for?

Using Windows 10 version version 1909 (2)

The setting in question is at:

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders

It is this: {A52BBA46-E9E1-435F-B3D9-28DAA648C0F6} REG_EXPAND_SZ %USERPROFILE%\Overdrive

:)

hasiel123, Dec 18, 2019
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Dec 18, 2019
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Dec 18, 2019
  4. Does someone know what this setting in the Registry is for?

registry fix

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you are facing some issues using Windows 10.

I would like to know some information.

• What registry fix are you trying to run?

• What is the exact issue that you are facing?

• Have you taken a backup of all your data?
    I would suggest you to take a backup of all your data before doing any changes in the registry keys. If you do any incorrect changes to the registry you won’t be able to boot the computer.

Disclaimer: This section, method, or task contains steps that tells you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps
    carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in
    the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

322756 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/ )

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows.

Please let us know the information in brief. We will be glad to assist you further.

Mayank Gupta10, Dec 18, 2019
Thema:

1. Does someone know what this setting in the Registry is for? - Similar Threads - Does someone setting

2. Does anyone know what this is?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does anyone know what this is?: can this be malware? I have fully scanned my pc but nothing showed up and tried finding what this is but cant seem to find it anywhere in the task manager or services. my pc has been under performing lately my cpu usage has always been high when all i got open was a...
  3. Does anyone know what resetting iTunes for Windows does to the settings?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Does anyone know what resetting iTunes for Windows does to the settings?: Hello, I have found that Itunes no longer detects my iPhone. I am also trying to troubleshoot this with the apple community forums. Apple support articles say to update windows, drivers, and iOS, but iOS may need backed up. I also already have iTunes updated.Windows detects...
  4. Does anyone know what resetting iTunes for Windows does to the settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does anyone know what resetting iTunes for Windows does to the settings?: Hello, I have found that Itunes no longer detects my iPhone. I am also trying to troubleshoot this with the apple community forums. Apple support articles say to update windows, drivers, and iOS, but iOS may need backed up. I also already have iTunes updated.Windows detects...
  5. Does anyone know what resetting iTunes for Windows does to the settings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Does someone know why this happens?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does someone know why this happens?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/sSlicKd [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ur4fal/does_someone_know_why_this_happens/
  7. Does anyone know what is this?

Does anyone know what is this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/copZ97 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l62i5z/does_anyone_know_what_is_this/
  8. someone know what is this ?

someone know what is this ?: so my google chrome was suspended, when i click on it thats what i see. https://i.imgur.com/sTSe30m.png if i refresh its disappear. what cuse this ? submitted by /u/Shadowshoot [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fxlqrm/someone_know_what_is_this/
  9. Does anyone know what this is?

Does anyone know what this is?: [ATTACH] Weird multiplying tabs that I can only see in task manager keep randomly showing up and they all have this logo on it. I've tried resetting my computer and looking for it in the control pannel but I cannot find anything. I close them only for 10 more to appear...
  10. I dont know what this registry file is

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I dont know what this registry file is: Spyhunter says this is installmonstr, if it is how can i remove it? Computer\HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-3574478236-1972202998-796300927-1001\Software\IM https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/i-dont-know-what-this-registry-file-is/352cc3ff-a761-424e-8e7f-744f825f50e2