Windows 10: Does spotlight work for desktop backgrounds too?

Discus and support Does spotlight work for desktop backgrounds too? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I don't like third party programs, is there something build in windows 10 that randomly switches desktop backgrounds like spotlight does to lock... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Liberal_circlejerkk, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Does spotlight work for desktop backgrounds too?

I don't like third party programs, is there something build in windows 10 that randomly switches desktop backgrounds like spotlight does to lock screen?

submitted by /u/Liberal_circlejerkk
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Liberal_circlejerkk, Feb 14, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Spotlight

Hi,

Windows spotlight is an option for the lock screen background that displays different background images and occasionally offers suggestions on the lock screen. For us to better isolate your concern, we'd like to gather more information:

• Is there a way for you to provide us a screenshot?
    • Have you made any recent changes before this issue occur?
    • Are you able to use spotlight before?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow these steps to modify Lock screen background to spotlight:

• Open Settings.
    • Click Personalization and select Lock screen.
    • Under Background, choose Windows spotlight.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Feb 14, 2020
  3. Dyan Rey Win User
    Windows Spotlight on the lock screen

Hi,

There are multiple causes on why you're encountering this issue. To further troubleshoot the issue, we suggest that you disable and re-enable Spotlight. Simply follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the desktop and open Personalize.
    • Open Lock Screen tab.
    • Under Background, switch from Windows Spotlight to a Picture or the Slideshow.
    • Click OK and close the Window.
    • Now Log off and log in.
    • Navigate to Lock screen and enable Windows Spotlight again.

Let us know how it works.

Dyan Rey, Feb 14, 2020
  4. Does spotlight work for desktop backgrounds too?

Windows spotlight not work!!

Yes friend all these steps working for me.check these path , first path for check : C:\Windows\Web\Screen (find the stuck image and rename it) , or second path " C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\SystemData\ " at this path you will se two main folders check all these folder at all and you will find the image there.Rename or delete the image stuck only.After re-register again the spotlight and wait after some restart.Something last i had the same problem and delete the registry folder "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Authentication\LogonUI\Creative\S-1-5-21-1367095634-179868200-954147944-1001" and do a restart after all these step the spotlight download again new images and start working again.Please make a backup first at register.before delete everything.

mitsaras78, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

Does spotlight work for desktop backgrounds too?

1. Does spotlight work for desktop backgrounds too? - Similar Threads - Does spotlight desktop

2. Windows Spotlight desktop backgrounds have been the same for weeks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Spotlight desktop backgrounds have been the same for weeks: The four images have remained the same for weeks now. Is this a bug, or are they supposed to stay like this? Is there a way to fix it? Spotlight works fine for the lock screen, but is there a way to get different images for the desktop? These might be stupid questions, but...
  3. Windows Spotlight desktop backgrounds have been the same for weeks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Spotlight desktop backgrounds have been the same for weeks: The four images have remained the same for weeks now. Is this a bug, or are they supposed to stay like this? Is there a way to fix it? Spotlight works fine for the lock screen, but is there a way to get different images for the desktop?...
  4. Spotlight desktop Windows 11 stopped working suddenly and the Spotlight desktop icon is not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spotlight desktop Windows 11 stopped working suddenly and the Spotlight desktop icon is not...: I own a Dell 7530 with Windows 11 Pro. I've had this laptop for a bit longer than two years and so far everything has been all right. But since about four days ago, Spotlight Desktop stopped working. The wallpaper on the desktop is the same dawn picture, the icon of Spotlight...
  5. Spotlight desktop Windows 11 stopped working suddenly and the Spotlight desktop icon is not...

Spotlight desktop Windows 11 stopped working suddenly and the Spotlight desktop icon is not...: I own a Dell 7530 with Windows 11 Pro. I've had this laptop for a bit longer than two years and so far everything has been all right. But since about four days ago, Spotlight Desktop stopped working. The wallpaper on the desktop is the same dawn picture, the icon of Spotlight...
  6. Windows Spotlight works for background but not lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Spotlight works for background but not lock screen: I'm using Windows 11. Windows spotlight for lock screen stopped working at some point and shows the default blue wallpaper. I tried all the solutions that I could find online but to no avail.Recently I saw the Windows Spotlight option for background and it works.Everything is...
  7. Windows Spotlight works for background but not lock screen

Windows Spotlight works for background but not lock screen: I'm using Windows 11. Windows spotlight for lock screen stopped working at some point and shows the default blue wallpaper. I tried all the solutions that I could find online but to no avail.Recently I saw the Windows Spotlight option for background and it works.Everything is...
  8. Windows spotlight does not work

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows spotlight does not work: windows spotlight is not showing any pictures what can I do to repair it Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-spotlight-does-not-work/fca9ffee-2084-4626-b2fa-1ffe3f748b10
  9. desktop background is not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    desktop background is not working: [ATTACH]i need a help for this! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-background-is-not-working/1fa12a30-f0af-4edd-8a13-a3421ac536c5
  10. Desktop background not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop background not working: I've gone into the personalizaion menu and clicked the background tab, selected slideshow, selected my folder, chose how often i want the pictures to change and chose my fit and no picture pops up in the background. I've restarted my laptop and still nothing seems to work....