Windows 10: Does system image restore free trial of applications

Discus and support Does system image restore free trial of applications in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; If I created a system image using Backup and Restore (Windows 7) while I had, for example, 5 days left of a free trial for some application (e.g. MS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by OYRC, Dec 31, 2018.

1. OYRC Win User

Does system image restore free trial of applications

If I created a system image using Backup and Restore (Windows 7) while I had, for example, 5 days left of a free trial for some application (e.g. MS Office, Acrobat pro, or any other application that offers a free trial for some period of time) installed on my computer, then I restored that system image after 5 days had passed (i.e. after the free trial had expired), would I then have that free trial restored with 5 days left, considering that the system image is a 'screenshot' of the entire system at the time it is made?

Would it vary depending on which application the free trial is for, and how it works?

:)

2. OYRC Win User

If I created a system image using Backup and Restore (Windows 7) while I had, for example, 5 days left of a free trial for some application (e.g. MS Office, Acrobat pro, or any other application that offers a free trial for some period of time) installed
    on my computer, then I restored that system image after 5 days had passed (i.e. after the free trial had expired), would I then have that free trial restored with 5 days left, considering that the system image is a 'screenshot' of the entire system at the
    time it is made?

Would it vary depending on which application the free trial is for, and how it works?

3. DaveM121 Win User

Hi OYRC

If that is a full system image and you restore from that, then the exact state of your system would be restored, including the 5 days left on that free trial . . .

DaveM121, Jan 10, 2020
  4. thebuddha Win User

If a system restore restores the registry to how it was before, then how come a trial version of a program does not reset?

I do the following in the given order:

1. Create a system restore point. There is a note of what the registry looks like
    2. Download a program which has a trial of X days
    3. When that trial runs out, use system restore to return to the previous point before the program installation

After these steps, the trial for the program does not reset, even though the registry returned to how it was before. Why is this?

thebuddha, Jan 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Does system image restore free trial of applications - Similar Threads - Does system image

2. Free Trials

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Free Trials: How do I tell what MS trials I have in effect?> When do they expire, and how much will I be charged? How do I cancel them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-trials/79bf1cea-d159-44d9-a538-4badc4ac1f1b
  3. free trial

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    free trial: Hi I was given the advice to download macrium reflect free trial,the trial only last for so long so what do you do when your trial has ended,how can you use your back up image you make? 177618
  4. Restoring System Image When System Image Restore Fails?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restoring System Image When System Image Restore Fails?: Hi guys, Bear with me on this little odyssey. It's a bit of a ramble, and more just me moaning than asking an actual question, but if anyone can help me figure out where I was going wrong I can sleep a bit easier. I was working on a project to deploy a custom Windows image...
  5. System restore and system image

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System restore and system image: So I regularly create backups on my computer using the windows 7 restore tool from the control panel. There comes an option for creating the system image for drive C which is an SSD. I have heard that if the windows goes corrupt or is accidentally reset I can restore the...
  6. Minecraft free trial

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft free trial: I am trying to download the minecraft free trial. I press get free trial then it loads a bit and says you have a trial for this game then next to it is a button that says install on my devices but when I press that it says that there are no applicable devices and shows a...
  7. minecraft free trial

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    minecraft free trial: I want to download the minecraft free trial but when i have to select a device my laptop does not appear. Any suggestions as to why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minecraft-free-trial/40c03ebf-78e6-4d0e-bf03-61d9c805a2fa"
  8. System Restore image ?????

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Restore image ?????: I have just installed windows 10 home instead of the pro version which I installed by mistake then I restored my system image and everything was perfect as before !...….however on closer inspection I discovered windows 10 pro had be installed again !!!!! arrrrrrrrgh...
  9. System Image not Restoring.

System Image not Restoring.: Hi guys, so i reset my Toshiba laptop to its original factory settings and it came with windows 10 home. Then i had to clean install the windows on my laptop again because i was having some trouble with the touchpad drivers, so i wiped C. drive fully and installed window 10...
  10. system restore and imaging.

system restore and imaging.: Hello I have a one T external drive I image to and it recently showed that 2 - 23 or 30 GB images were filling the drive. A friend, using Treesize, explained that this is due to the restore points taking up space. I changed the scale from 2% to 1 and then created one point....