Windows 10: Does System Restore on Windows 10 affects Ubuntu installed via Windows Subsystem for Linux?

Discus and support Does System Restore on Windows 10 affects Ubuntu installed via Windows Subsystem for Linux? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After installing Ubuntu or any distro with the support of WSL, when restore points are created and then when the system is restored to this restore... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ashwinkabbinahalli, Jan 7, 2020.

1. Does System Restore on Windows 10 affects Ubuntu installed via Windows Subsystem for Linux?

After installing Ubuntu or any distro with the support of WSL, when restore points are created and then when the system is restored to this restore points, does this also restores the state of Ubuntu or any linux distro installed?

:)

ashwinkabbinahalli, Jan 7, 2020

2. Windows 10 subsystem for Linux, Ubuntu

Can Ubuntu or Linux be run on Windows 10 subsystem in full mode such as running Hadoop, Hive, Java in Ubuntu subsystem of Windows 10? Or just the basic bash, sudo commands only?

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Devices & drivers

Anmol_Kumar, Jan 7, 2020
  3. Windows Subsystem Linux

Hello,

We would like to know more about the issue you're experiencing with using
    Windows Subsystem for Linux
    . Kindly answer the following questions:

• Are you developing a program, an app, or a software for Linux?
    • Is your Window 10 PC connected to a domain?
    • Are you managing a Windows Server PC?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Can you tell us the Version and OS build of your Windows 10 device? You can find this information by clicking the
      Start button, type About your PC, and then press
      Enter.

We need the following information in order to determine if we need to refer your concern to the
    TechNet forums or the Microsoft Developer Network (MSDN) forums.

For now, we suggest reviewing these support articles to find out if there's an issue with the installation of
    Windows Subsystem for Linux:

We'll be waiting for your response.

Devlin Sco, Jan 7, 2020
  4. Marie Ave Win User

Does System Restore on Windows 10 affects Ubuntu installed via Windows Subsystem for Linux?

Windows 10 subsystem for Linux, Ubuntu

Hi Anmol,

We understand that you wanted to run Linux or Ubuntu on a Windows 10 subsystem. We'd like to know if you wanted to run this via remote access or as a separate OS?

Looking forward to your response.

Marie Ave, Jan 7, 2020
Thema:

Does System Restore on Windows 10 affects Ubuntu installed via Windows Subsystem for Linux?

1. Does System Restore on Windows 10 affects Ubuntu installed via Windows Subsystem for Linux? - Similar Threads - Does System Restore

2. cannot install Windows Subsystem for Linux

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot install Windows Subsystem for Linux: I am using Windows 11 OS build 22631.3155 on a desktop PC. I was using Windows Subsystem for Linux WSL about two years without problem. I did a Windows Reset to remove malware and now WSL does not work. If I click on Start > Ubuntu the error message is...
  3. cannot install Windows Subsystem for Linux

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot install Windows Subsystem for Linux: I am using Windows 11 OS build 22631.3155 on a desktop PC. I was using Windows Subsystem for Linux WSL about two years without problem. I did a Windows Reset to remove malware and now WSL does not work. If I click on Start > Ubuntu the error message is...
  4. windows subsystem for linux windows 10 - Unable to start Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows subsystem for linux windows 10 - Unable to start Ubuntu: Hello,I have been trying to install WSL and Ubuntu on my Windows laptop. My laptop is running on Win 10 Home with OS build 19045.2486.As I follow the instruction from: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wsl/installI open the Windows Command Prompt in administrator mode...
  5. windows subsystem for linux windows 10 - Unable to start Ubuntu

windows subsystem for linux windows 10 - Unable to start Ubuntu: Hello,I have been trying to install WSL and Ubuntu on my Windows laptop. My laptop is running on Win 10 Home with OS build 19045.2486.As I follow the instruction from: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wsl/installI open the Windows Command Prompt in administrator mode...
  6. windows subsystem for linux windows 10 - Unable to start Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Does System Restore affect Chkdsk?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does System Restore affect Chkdsk?: If I System Restored to a point before I ran a Chkdsk with repairs, will that Chkdsk's alterations be reversed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-system-restore-affect-chkdsk/dbe37624-7ce8-4414-afca-896f748150ee
  8. Does System Restore affect Chkdsk?

Does System Restore affect Chkdsk?: If I System Restored to a point before I ran a Chkdsk with repairs, will that Chkdsk's alterations be reversed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-system-restore-affect-chkdsk/dbe37624-7ce8-4414-afca-896f748150ee
  9. Install the Windows Subsystem for Linux (ubuntu) to windows 10

Install the Windows Subsystem for Linux (ubuntu) to windows 10: I am installing a bash Linux distros (WSL) to a Lab of 100 pcs with windows 10. I have already installed the first 2 components:-Windows Subsystem for Linux (Beta) in the Windows Features and activated the Developer modeAt that point i should type “Bash” at the command...
  10. Install the Windows Subsystem for Linux (ubuntu) to windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Install the Windows Subsystem for Linux (ubuntu) to windows 10: I am installing a bash Linux distros (WSL) to a Lab of 100 pcs with windows 10. I have already installed the first 2 components:-Windows Subsystem for Linux (Beta) in the Windows Features and activated the Developer modeAt that point i should type “Bash” at the command...