Windows 10: Does the 802.1X implementation in Windows 10 IoT Enterprise comply with IEEE 802.1X-2010

Discus and support Does the 802.1X implementation in Windows 10 IoT Enterprise comply with IEEE 802.1X-2010 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; HI!Does the 802.1X implementation in Windows 10 IoT Enterprise comply with at least IEEE Std 802.1X-2010?Any hint, reference is appreciated, a Protocol... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ClemensFischer, Oct 21, 2021.

1. Does the 802.1X implementation in Windows 10 IoT Enterprise comply with IEEE 802.1X-2010

HI!Does the 802.1X implementation in Windows 10 IoT Enterprise comply with at least IEEE Std 802.1X-2010?Any hint, reference is appreciated, a Protocol Implementation Conformance Statement PICS would be perfect!Thanks & kind regards*** in das englischsprachige Forum verschoben ***

:)

ClemensFischer, Oct 21, 2021
  2. IoTGirl Win User

Windows 10 Enterprise IoT

Hi David,

Embedded Mode can be set in Windows Enterprise and Windows Mobile versions. For target options please see the definitions at

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/WindowsForBusiness/windows-iot
    From that page:

Windows 10 IoT Enterprise

Windows 10 IoT Enterprise is a full version of Windows 10 that delivers the enterprise manageability and security of Windows 10 Enterprise to IoT solutions. It is designed for powerful industry devices used in retail, manufacturing, healthcare, and other
    industries. Windows 10 IoT Enterprise runs crucial line of business applications and performs specialized functions in a secure, reliable and streamlined way to support mission-critical devices.

LEARN MORE ABOUT MANAGING AND UPDATING WINDOWS 10 IOT

*Note that Windows 10 IoT Enterprise is a binary equivalent to Windows 10 Enterprise

Windows 10 IoT Mobile

Windows 10 IoT Mobile brings the full functionality of Windows 10 Mobile to the Internet of Things. That includes instantaneous application access, native support for barcode scanning, and other peripherals, as well as enhanced productivity for a variety
    of mobile scenarios.

The Mobile Enterprise editions also offer capabilities such as ARM support, multiple user profiles, and advanced lockdown to enable scenarios across retail, healthcare, manufacturing and other vertical industries.

LEARN MORE ABOUT WINDOWS 10 IOT MOBILE

*Note that Windows 10 IoT Mobile is a binary equivalent to Windows 10 Mobile Enterprise

Windows 10 IoT Core

Windows 10 IoT Core is optimized for small-footprint, low-cost IoT devices that bring intelligence to the edge. It is designed to power purpose-built devices like gateways that enable IoT solutions. Windows 10 IoT Core also brings enterprise-grade security,
    manageability, and connectivity of Windows to a new class of devices.

Below are the steps to bring your IoT Core powered devices to life:

• Click to
      Download
      IoT Core
    • Learn more about how to create applications and build proof of concepts and leverage step-by-step instructions, sample
      code, documentation, community projects and more…
    • Ready to sell your product?
      Commercialize
      your device or
      Find
      your local distributor.

Actually, IoT Core does not have a menu, that is the default application that comes installed on the sample image from Microsoft. When you create your device you would replace that default experience with the purpose driven application for your solution.
    As for securing an IoT device, it really depends on its purpose and environment but for information on IoT Core you can find documentation at WindowsOnDevices.com. Specifically

https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/iot/docs/buildingsecuredevices

Sincerely,

IoTGirl, Oct 21, 2021
  3. John Kour Win User
    802.1X environment problems with authentication after 1903 update

Since the 1903 update i have been experiencing authentication problems with some windows 10 machines in our network. Are there any more information about this issue than what was suggested

here
    ?

John Kour, Oct 21, 2021
  4. Does the 802.1X implementation in Windows 10 IoT Enterprise comply with IEEE 802.1X-2010

Windows 10 IoT Enterprise

I was looking into using Windows 10 IoT Enterprise for a few devices that I am deploying. I was trying to find the distributors page to contact distributors to get more information on pricing, but all the links I found ended in a dead end. Can someone
    please give me a list of links to official businesses that sell licenses to Windows 10 IoT Enterprise?

sibregslexakcips, Oct 21, 2021
Thema:

Does the 802.1X implementation in Windows 10 IoT Enterprise comply with IEEE 802.1X-2010

1. Does the 802.1X implementation in Windows 10 IoT Enterprise comply with IEEE 802.1X-2010 - Similar Threads - Does 802 implementation

2. Windows 11 and .1x not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 and .1x not working: So I am running into an issue where I've got Win 11 clients here and there that will not connect to our .1x wifi. I have read tons of articles about this having to do with credential guard and a work around is to disable it via GPO. So I was able to get this to work on a few...
  3. Windows 11 and .1x not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 and .1x not working: So I am running into an issue where I've got Win 11 clients here and there that will not connect to our .1x wifi. I have read tons of articles about this having to do with credential guard and a work around is to disable it via GPO. So I was able to get this to work on a few...
  4. Does Windows 10 IoT Enterprise comply with IEEE 802.1X authentication?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does Windows 10 IoT Enterprise comply with IEEE 802.1X authentication?: Does the 802.1X implementation in Windows 10 IoT Enterprise comply with IEEE 802.1X authentication? is that Windows 10 IoT enterprise OS build 19044.1766...
  5. Does Windows 10 IoT Enterprise comply with IEEE 802.1X authentication?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does Windows 10 IoT Enterprise comply with IEEE 802.1X authentication?: Does the 802.1X implementation in Windows 10 IoT Enterprise comply with IEEE 802.1X authentication? is that Windows 10 IoT enterprise OS build 19044.1766...
  6. Does Windows 10 IoT Enterprise comply with IEEE 802.1X authentication?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Xbox One controller will connect 1x and 1x only over BT?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox One controller will connect 1x and 1x only over BT?: Oh man, this has me going crazy. Long has the problem existed that if you connect via usb, you have to remove your controller and re-pair it via BT when your done charging. I accepted that more or less. (even just found a workaround of sorts) however somewhere in between,...
  8. Problems dual booting 2x Win10 & even 1x Win7 1x Win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems dual booting 2x Win10 & even 1x Win7 1x Win10: I'm no pro by the way guys so go easy :) So for 10 years or so i have had 2 Windows 7 installs on a dual boot / multi boot and before that the same with XP. To save time we'll not get in to the whys and why nots. I appreciate it's not the usual dual boot setup, you usually...
  9. Windows 10 won't connect to SMB.1x share

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 won't connect to SMB.1x share: Installing Windows 10 BUT was told that it will not connect to SMB1.x Share which i have running on one of my servers. Can i configure it to make this work on Windows 10 - I am looking to install win 10 image on several computers next week - need this issue fixed or will have...
  10. Broadcom 802. 11abgn wireless sdio adapter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Broadcom 802. 11abgn wireless sdio adapter: hi, My asus t200 transformer book has the Broadcom 802. 11abgn wireless sdio adapter. Recently, my PC started having serious issues with connecting to public wifi. Everytime I try, my PC says my wireless adapter is experiencing driver or hardware related issues, and...