Windows 10: Does the built-in window photo app reduce the quality of original photo?

Discus and support Does the built-in window photo app reduce the quality of original photo? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My original photo is very clear and high resolution. However, it is a little bit dark, so I open the Windows Photo app to make it brighter and save a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Benjamin UMKC-Student, Sep 25, 2022.

1. Does the built-in window photo app reduce the quality of original photo?

My original photo is very clear and high resolution. However, it is a little bit dark, so I open the Windows Photo app to make it brighter and save a copy. When I take a look at the copied one the brighter one, I do not see any sign of quality reduction, but I wonder if the photo truly keeps the original quality or if it is reduced a little bit, but normal eyes cannot see the difference.

:)

Benjamin UMKC-Student, Sep 25, 2022

2. Windows 10 Photos video project export quality issue

In Windows 10 I created a video project slideshow with the photos app. I'd like to export this video for a Facebook ad. However, the photos app only gives me 3 options to export and all three significantly reduce the quality of the video versus when I
    just view it in the app. Any suggestions how to export and maintain quality?

levinejm34, Sep 25, 2022
  3. edit photos-how to keep original quality of edited photo

Original title: edit photos

edited photos resize resolution in save. how to keep original quality of edited photo?

Michael Frik, Sep 25, 2022
  4. Does the built-in window photo app reduce the quality of original photo?

The 'Photos' app for photo viewing has disappeared.

I do not understand this, when I returned to the PC later today my original settings had returned to the start screen, including one other tile which I had also lost but had not yet re-instated. Also the original list of 'All apps' had returned to the start
    screen, including 'Photos'. There is nothing that I am aware of having done that should have caused the original disappearance of some apps from the 'All apps' list and their associated tiles, or that could have caused them to return.

It has therefore been unnecessary to follow your suggested steps, though I have done so anyway and it works as suggested. Note that I had followed your steps 1 & 2 earlier which is why I knew 'Photos' had not disappeared from the PC but was simply not
    visible on the 'All apps' list and hence my inability to re-pin the tile.

Thank you for your reply and understanding my frustration.

Frustrated - Belfast, Sep 25, 2022
Thema:

Does the built-in window photo app reduce the quality of original photo?

1. Does the built-in window photo app reduce the quality of original photo? - Similar Threads - Does built window

2. Photos app does not show original photo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos app does not show original photo: I take landscape photos on my camera and they end up with a file called RAW. I open them in the Photos app, and it shows the original photo for about a second or so, but then switches to an automatic edited version of the same photo. How do I turn this off? It would REALLY...
  3. Photos app does not show original photo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos app does not show original photo: I take landscape photos on my camera and they end up with a file called RAW. I open them in the Photos app, and it shows the original photo for about a second or so, but then switches to an automatic edited version of the same photo. How do I turn this off? It would REALLY...
  4. Preserving original Windows 10 photo app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Preserving original Windows 10 photo app: Hi - I was fortunate to have one Windows 10 laptop offline when the very good original photo app was blitzed by the new and worthless revamp in an update. I hoped installing the "legacy" version would be the solution but it isn't and is not a significant improvement on the...
  5. Does the built-in window photo app reduce the quality of original photo?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does the built-in window photo app reduce the quality of original photo?: My original photo is very clear and high resolution. However, it is a little bit dark, so I open the Windows Photo app to make it brighter and save a copy. When I take a look at the copied one the brighter one, I do not see any sign of quality reduction, but I wonder if the...
  6. Photos App in Windows 11 modifies quality when opening photo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos App in Windows 11 modifies quality when opening photo: Hi guys,I'm at my wits' end trying to find an answer for this problem. I'm running Windows 11 Pro, and I'm having problems with the Photos app. When I double click a photo, it opens with the Photos app, but the quality/colours/brightness/contrast of the photo looks totally...
  7. Photos App in Windows 11 modifies quality when opening photo

Photos App in Windows 11 modifies quality when opening photo: Hi guys,I'm at my wits' end trying to find an answer for this problem. I'm running Windows 11 Pro, and I'm having problems with the Photos app. When I double click a photo, it opens with the Photos app, but the quality/colours/brightness/contrast of the photo looks totally...
  8. One Drive Photo Backup Reduced Quality

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One Drive Photo Backup Reduced Quality: Hello. No noticed that a photo on my android gallery is 768kb but in One Drive it is 469kb. The reason I looked up this information is because the one drive photo looked grainy. Is there a setting to backup with no change in quality? If so, how would I delete all the...
  9. Photos App Restore original version

Photos App Restore original version: The original Photos App was wonderful (Pre-2016). The updated version(s) are/where terrible. Someone provided a real working solution to restore the original Photos App in a thread here a while ago but I cannot find that thread. The method involved uninstalling and...
  10. photo app print quality

photo app print quality: Hi! When I print photos through the photo app, it does not print evenly. There is a thick line that prints brighter than the rest of the picture so it looks like a fat line through people's faces. This is not a printer issue- it prints fine if I print through the...