Windows 10: does the free version of macrium reflect enough ?

Discus and support does the free version of macrium reflect enough ? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; to create an image of my ssd which contain my windows 10 all of my programs all of my data and my images etc so I can backup and restore without the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by yafatana, Oct 14, 2016.

1. yafatana Win User

does the free version of macrium reflect enough ?

to create an image of my ssd which contain my windows 10 all of my programs all of my data and my images etc

so I can backup and restore without the need to reinstall everything

or the paid home version is better ?

:)

yafatana, Oct 14, 2016
  2. BruceTR Win User

Correct Format for USB Stick | FAT32? | NTFS? | Some Other Format?

I'm using Macrium Reflect Free. Macrium doesn't provide support for the Free version. If they did, I'd be asking Macrium my question.

Macrium does offer a KB and a Forum. The Forum is view-only unless you own a paid version. You cannot post questions without owning a paid version.

In searching the KB and Forum, I could not find an answer to my question. Thus, I came here.

BruceTR, Oct 14, 2016
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    Win 10 Systems Image Back Up Time Taken

Unfortunately, digital imaging software can be expensive, but some programs have free versions. Macrium Reflect does. That can be a great way to learn the software and try it.

BulldogXX, Oct 14, 2016
  4. Cliff S New Member

The free version is enough for most.
    Here is a chart with what the free version offers vs the paid: Macrium Reflect Free

Cliff S, Oct 14, 2016
  5. cereberus Win User
    The free version is perfectly adequate for your needs. The main difference between the free and paid version is that you can only create differential backups (changes since last full backup) whereas paid version does incremental backups as well (changes since last incremental backup). Incremental backups are more space efficient but for most home users that is no big deal.

Additionally paid versons can restore to different hardware etc. Rarely needed in home environment, and you can achieve same end for free using native sysprep commands - just a bit harder to do.

Of course if you buy the paid version you are entitled to customer support from Macrium. Again rarely an issue as Macrium is so reliable.

cereberus, Oct 14, 2016
  6. Also don't forget you cannot do command execution with the free version.

storageman, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. does the free version of macrium reflect enough ? - Similar Threads - does free version

2. Macrium Reflect - paid vs. free version...

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Reflect - paid vs. free version...: About a week or so ago, I finally got the paid version of Macrium Reflect. Mainly for the Image Guardian that the paid version adds. Today I was testing, backing up and restoring from a USB stick (fast one). It works. However, I noticed that with the paid version, I also get...
  3. Macrium Reflect Free, or paid version

Macrium Reflect Free, or paid version: Hey there, I haven't been terribly active here in a while, but am going to be building a new pc with my son at christmas time and wondering about imaging software. I want to ensure he picks up some good habits. It seems Macrium is the imaging software of choice still. Free...
  4. Version 7 of Macrium Reflect Free

Version 7 of Macrium Reflect Free: On the Macrium Reflect Forums, they state that Macrium Reflect Free Version 7 will be available by end of June. 85239
  5. Alternative to Macrium Reflect Free?

Alternative to Macrium Reflect Free?: Can anyone recommend an alternative to Macrium Reflect Free as a backup tool? I want something that does disk imaging, as opposed to just backing up files. I have been fighting with Reflect Free on two computers and have got to the point where, even if I ever do get it...
  6. Macrium Reflect free

Macrium Reflect free: Hi guys ,so I am using macrium free for backing up my laptop windows 10 pro which do not contain any dvd rom.i have a 252 gb external hard disk which I would like to use for creating the recovery disk or iso. my problem is that I do not want to use the full 250 gb for this...
  7. Macrium reflect free

Macrium reflect free: Now it will not reinstall saying it cannot find the target I am going to run sfc then dism
  8. Macrium reflect free compatibility

Macrium reflect free compatibility: Short question are the images produced on reflect 5.1 compatible with 6.Long question: I have backed up my laptop over wireless to a network drive. Laptop is running xp and networked desktop is running win 10. I plan to change my laptop hard drive to an SSD but need to...
  9. New Macrium Reflect Release Version 6.1.185 Free & Paid

New Macrium Reflect Release Version 6.1.185 Free & Paid: MR Source An award winning disk cloning and imaging solution for free. Protect your personal documents, photos, music and e-mails. Upgrade your hard disk or try new operating systems in the safe knowledge that everything is securely saved in an easily recovered backup...
  10. Macrium Reflect Free

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Macrium Reflect Free: Good Day All just curious if this looks right [img] the fourth section of my C: drive is all red meaning full (almost) is this normal Thanks in ADV for any info 97310