Windows 10: Does the Intel RST need to be active on a non-raid system?

Discus and support Does the Intel RST need to be active on a non-raid system? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Have a question - Have another DELL XPS-8930-SE desktop with one internal 2TB m.2 SSD for boot and a 2TB SATA-6 HDD for secondary. Do I need to have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Compumind, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Compumind Win User

Does the Intel RST need to be active on a non-raid system?

Have a question -

Have another DELL XPS-8930-SE desktop with one internal 2TB m.2 SSD for boot and a 2TB SATA-6 HDD for secondary.
    Do I need to have the Intel Rapid Storage Technology active?

Look at this BIOS - Isn't AHCI enough? The system is in a non-RAID configuration.
    Yet, the BIOS warns we about changing it. Is this a "blanket" statement?

Does the Intel RST need to be active on a non-raid system? [​IMG]

Can the IRST application be deleted? No Optane memory is installed (obviously.)

I want to make sure that my logic is correct.

Thanks.

*Think

:)

Compumind, Jan 12, 2020
  2. Cliff S Win User

I always just extract the AHCI files from IRST and install them by right clicking the iaAHCIC.inf*Smile

You should use AHCI when using a SSD and an Intel CPU.
    It's the iaStorAC you don't need(the system tray icon and disk failing warning)

Cliff S, Jan 12, 2020
  3. Compumind Win User

Have a question -

Have another DELL XPS-8930-SE desktop with one internal 2TB m.2 SSD for boot and a 2TB SATA-6 HDD for secondary.
    Do I need to have the Intel Rapid Storage Technology active?

Look at this BIOS - Isn't AHCI enough? The system is in a non-RAID configuration.
    Yet, the BIOS warns we about changing it. Is this a "blanket" statement?

Can the IRST application be deleted? No Optane memory is installed (obviously.)

I want to make sure that my logic is correct.

Thanks.

*Think

Compumind, Jan 12, 2020
  4. AndreTen Win User

Zbook, that is exactly why I said that IRST is not necessary, or useful in this case... It is for accelerating HDDs, in the times that SSDs were small . We are talking about system on the NVMe drive here.

OK, One could use it to speed up data read / write from (second) HDD. And you have to have RAID enabled for this. If not, turn it off

AndreTen, Jan 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Does the Intel RST need to be active on a non-raid system? - Similar Threads - Does Intel RST

2. Why does intel RST keep deleting my windows and do i need it using RAID

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why does intel RST keep deleting my windows and do i need it using RAID: Every time i try to install intel RST and restart my computer comes up with no bootable device if i do install it i have to uninstall the drive before restarting do i need intel RST or should i just leave it alone?...
  3. Why does intel RST keep deleting my windows and do i need it using RAID

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does intel RST keep deleting my windows and do i need it using RAID: Every time i try to install intel RST and restart my computer comes up with no bootable device if i do install it i have to uninstall the drive before restarting do i need intel RST or should i just leave it alone?...
  4. Why does intel RST keep deleting my windows and do i need it using RAID

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Onboard Raid with Intel RST or Storage Spaces?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onboard Raid with Intel RST or Storage Spaces?: I've been looking everywhere and can't find any good info on this. I have an Asus ROG MAXIMUS XII FORMULA motherboard with raid on it. I am planning on setting up a raid 1 between two 14TB WD Ultrastar drives. Would I be better off setting it up via the bios and use Intel RST...
  6. Intel RST will not setup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Intel RST will not setup: I attempted to install Intel RTS on my desktop. After the setup window walks me through the basic first few steps the program said that it is going to reboot the PC into safe mode to complete the installation. My PC turned off and it started boot looping. Now I don't see...
  7. Intel RST RAID driver in Windows 10 causing disk errors!

Intel RST RAID driver in Windows 10 causing disk errors!: Hi, I have a PC with Asus P9X79 Deluxe motherboard. It has Intel chipset and Intel BIOS RAID (RSTe) and 6 SATA ports connected to it. The chipset IDE controller lists in Linux as: Intel Corporation C600/X79 series chipset SATA RAID Controller (rev 06), and the PCI ID...
  8. does windows 10 need intel rst drivers?

does windows 10 need intel rst drivers?: I'm not sure if it will hurt or help windows. 30576
  9. Intel RAID / RST USER INTERFACE?? [GUI] Windows 10? Where?

Intel RAID / RST USER INTERFACE?? [GUI] Windows 10? Where?: gang I cannot find a download anywhere for the USER Console/GUI/UI for Intel RST [rapid storage technology] that is compatible with Windows 10? This is NOT a driver question - the driver [latest dated august and ONLY one certified for Windows 10 64 bit] is already loaded and...
  10. Intel RST, RAID and Write Cache Settings

Intel RST, RAID and Write Cache Settings: I upgraded to Win 10 from 8.1 with RST version 14.0.0.1143. I have two RAID arrays on the Intel MB controller, a 2-SSD RAID 0 for the system and a 4-SSD RAID 10 for data. I sometimes experienced system freezing when mucking with the write cache settings in the RST app, but...