Windows 10: does the ' key do anything on the home screen?

Discus and support does the ' key do anything on the home screen? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a tendency to press this key a lot by accident. Does this do anything specific? I usually just hear the background noise... Thanks. submitted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ConnectAccident, Nov 21, 2020.

1. does the ' key do anything on the home screen?

I have a tendency to press this key a lot by accident. Does this do anything specific? I usually just hear the background noise...

Thanks.

submitted by /u/ConnectAccident
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ConnectAccident, Nov 21, 2020
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Nov 21, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Nov 21, 2020
  4. does the ' key do anything on the home screen?

on screen key board

Hi Kirti,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Follow these steps to launch the On-screen keyboard:

• Press "Windows key + R" to get the run window.

• Type “osk” and hit enter to launch the On-screen keyboard and check if this helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Nov 21, 2020
Thema:

does the ' key do anything on the home screen?

1. does the ' key do anything on the home screen? - Similar Threads - does key anything

2. Screen does not display anything when turned on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen does not display anything when turned on: When I turn on my laptop, nothing shows up on the screen. It seems to flash for a few seconds, but it’s barely noticeable and goes away. Is there anything I can do to fix this? also this is my fault, i had it in my backpack for several weeks, it also does not show damage in...
  3. Screen does not display anything when turned on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen does not display anything when turned on: When I turn on my laptop, nothing shows up on the screen. It seems to flash for a few seconds, but it’s barely noticeable and goes away. Is there anything I can do to fix this? also this is my fault, i had it in my backpack for several weeks, it also does not show damage in...
  4. Proxy settings change does not do anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Proxy settings change does not do anything: I've been using HTTP PROXY INJECTOR for 3 years. I bought a new laptop recently and the proxy doesn't connect. I'm sure that everything is the same as the previous one. But it does not connect.This laptop does not support any kind of proxy. I've tried a few after the HTTP...
  5. Proxy settings change does not do anything

Proxy settings change does not do anything: I've been using HTTP PROXY INJECTOR for 3 years. I bought a new laptop recently and the proxy doesn't connect. I'm sure that everything is the same as the previous one. But it does not connect.This laptop does not support any kind of proxy. I've tried a few after the HTTP...
  6. unable to update windows 11 home to pro using store. it does not do anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to update windows 11 home to pro using store. it does not do anything: Hi Purchased windows 11 pro from storeOrder Number: 9676693263However, when I goto store and choose upgrade, nothing happens. We have tried rebooting the device and running windows updates....
  7. unable to update windows 11 home to pro using store. it does not do anything

unable to update windows 11 home to pro using store. it does not do anything: Hi Purchased windows 11 pro from storeOrder Number: 9676693263However, when I goto store and choose upgrade, nothing happens. We have tried rebooting the device and running windows updates....
  8. Chkdsk instantly completes, does not do anything

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Chkdsk instantly completes, does not do anything: I am running a dualboot setup with Linux Mint 19.1 and Windows 10. Recently, I've started to notice that some of the files on my Windows partition have corrupted (so far I've only seen 3 corrupt files in Event Viewer, none of which are important). (It's also worth noting that...
  9. Does WMI Provider Host do anything?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Does WMI Provider Host do anything?: So, this thing called WMI Provider Host has been bugging me ever since I knew what took up 25% of my CPU for absolutely no reason. I've been wanting to uninstall this program ever since I knew that, but I don't know what it does to my computer, because it could be a program...
  10. FCU does not do anything

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    FCU does not do anything: After downloading and running Windows10Upgrade9252.exe i get this screen and nothing else: [img] Checking Task Manager shows no CPU , no I/O, and no network activity. So I hit Exit. I did get a Windows10Upgrade directory with lots of stuff on my C: drive, but I am...