Windows 10: Does the laptop keep Windows10 ,when I reset it?

Discus and support Does the laptop keep Windows10 ,when I reset it? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I bought the laptop, I downloaded W10 myself. If I reset the laptop now, will it lose W10 or will it stay up ? Behält der Laptop Windows10 ,wenn... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Spayrex, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Spayrex Win User

Does the laptop keep Windows10 ,when I reset it?

When I bought the laptop, I downloaded W10 myself. If I reset the laptop now, will it lose W10 or will it stay up ?

:)

Spayrex, Jul 28, 2020
  2. Clem Win User

Multiple Issues After Resetting Laptop

Hi,

I recently reset my laptop and since then I've been experiencing a whole host of issues:

• Windows search bar doesn't work
    • Shop app won't open
    • Won't allow me to change location settings
    • Clock/calendar on my toolbar is unresponsive when I click on it

Any ideas what the problem might be, please? Advice / suggestions are very much appreciated!

Cheers,

3. UAC keeps resetting on Windows10

I have a Windows10 Enterprise machine on which I want to disable UAC completely in order to execute all applications as Administrator per default.
    <br/>
    However, my UAC settings keep resetting every time after a reboot.

I tried the following solutions:

• Setting the following values in the registry hive HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System:
      • EnableLUA to 0
      • ConsentPromptBehaviorAdmin to 0
    • I even made myself the effective owner of the registry hive above and denied every other user (incl. SYSTEM) to modify it.
    • Setting the following group policies:
      • Computer Configuration\Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local Policies\Security Options\Behavior of the elevation prompt for adminsitrators in Admin Approval Mode to Elevate without promting
      • Computer Configuration\Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local Policies\Security Options\Run all administrators in Admin Approval Mode to Disabled
      • There is an other setting somewhere around Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\ ??? which disables the automatic overriding of Group Policy Settings.
    • Reinstalling a fresh copy of Windows10
    • Writing a script in C# executed on every boot which sets all these settings for me - it did not work as not even Admin Privileges apparently are high enough to change these settings...

None of the above solutions --including the Windows re-installation-- helped resolving the problem.

I am aware that Windows10 has trouble running the WindowsStore and MSEdge etc. when one has UAC completely disabled - but I do not care as I do not use any of these "features".

Does anyone have a solution which I have maybe not yet tried?

As a developer, this drives me completely nuts.

Edit:
    <br/>
    Completely disable UAC in Windows 10 is not a duplicate of my question, as I have tested all the proposed solutions in the linked question and they did not work for me (as specified above).

Unknown6656, Jul 29, 2020
  4. Tankachoo Win User

Factory Reset Windows10: There was a problem resetting your PC FIX

How to Factory Reset Windows10 or upgraded to Windows10 from Windows7 or 8.
    This is also a FIX for the ERROR: There was a problem resetting your PC.
    This fix is only for Legit Authorized Copies of Windows 7, 8, or 10.

Hey all, I upgraded to Win10 from Win8.1 when it was released for free upgrades in 2015. It is now 2016 and I wanted to Factory Reset my PC so I can start fresh again. I attempted to do it from Settings/Update and Security/Recovery/Reset this PC as suggested by Microsoft but I received and error saying "There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made." After searching the web I found many different fixes but they all seems so involved. Making a boot flash drive or burning a DVD and use their software... There is an awesome tutorial on this forum called Windows 10 Clean Install but I like to KISS when I can (Keep It Simple Stupid) so I decided to check with Microsoft.com before I started that process.

THE SIMPLE FIX I FOUND THAT WORKED FOR ME:
    Go to: Windows 10
    Click the "Upgrade Now" button.
    Follow the prompts and you're good to go.
    Works with Windows 7, 8 and 10. Simple enough for me Does the laptop keep Windows10 ,when I reset it? :)

I wasn't able to find this simple suggestion when searching the web so I felt I should post it in hopes it helps someone too Does the laptop keep Windows10 ,when I reset it? :)

-

Tankachoo, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Does the laptop keep Windows10 ,when I reset it? - Similar Threads - Does laptop keep

2. My hp laptop keeps restarting when i try to download Windows10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My hp laptop keeps restarting when i try to download Windows10.: It's compatible, laptop used to run Windows10, then got reset, downloaded 64% of it and started a forever-restart loop. No error messages whatsoever. Im not sure about the exact model and system info, the laptop is a hand-me-down. I tried interrupting the loop by restarting...
  3. My hp laptop keeps restarting when i try to download Windows10.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My hp laptop keeps restarting when i try to download Windows10.: It's compatible, laptop used to run Windows10, then got reset, downloaded 64% of it and started a forever-restart loop. No error messages whatsoever. Im not sure about the exact model and system info, the laptop is a hand-me-down. I tried interrupting the loop by restarting...
  4. My hp laptop keeps restarting when i try to download Windows10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Reset windows10

Reset windows10: I tried resetting windows 10 and now my control panel ,windows update one drive windows powershell plus a few others not working also had chinese writing on microsoft edge and bluetooth iso just a disaster cant reinstall windows or update drivers i think this has ruined my...
  6. uac-keeps-resetting-on-windows10 pro

in Windows 10 Customization
    uac-keeps-resetting-on-windows10 pro: I have reset the UAC by the slider and by changing "enablelua" to a zero in the registry. About once a week it changes back to a 1 and crashes my database program which I must then re-install. I am on the verge of going to linux as this is becoming a problem costing me 3-4...
  7. Laptop keeps resetting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop keeps resetting: So my laptop keeps crashing and it freezes so I restart it and let it power back on. However, when I turn it on, I enter my password but then all my files and all my settings are gone. It's like everything except my Microsoft account was deleted....
  8. why does the brightness dim when I unplug my laptop... I have windows10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    why does the brightness dim when I unplug my laptop... I have windows10: why does the brightness dim when I unplug my laptop... I have windows10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/why-does-the-brightness-dim-when-i-unplug-my/5dd8b3f2-997c-47d0-a067-7c6add0df685
  9. Reset Windows10

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Reset Windows10: Hey guys, my cuz hit the reset button before he realized he had marked the reset box that wipes everything clean then restores his computer, now he didn't back up nothing so he wants to reset it again to his old setting in W10 ! He wants his files & pics back ! I told him i...
  10. What does "Keep My Files" keep when resetting PC?

What does "Keep My Files" keep when resetting PC?: I'm planning to do a quick reset on this PC since it's getting a bit too cluttered for my taste and I'm experiencing strange stuff happening to this PC that I'm not exactly sure what's the cause (It's a single user but shared PC). However, My external SSD does not have enough...