Windows 10: Does the license of Win10 remain with the sale?

Discus and support Does the license of Win10 remain with the sale? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I have a quick question. If I reset my notebook for sale and all my data is deleted afterwards, can the buyer reactivate Win10? ... I did not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by duuustiin, Jul 10, 2020.

1. duuustiin Win User

Does the license of Win10 remain with the sale?

Hello, I have a quick question. If I reset my notebook for sale and all my data is deleted afterwards, can the buyer reactivate Win10? ... I did not have to enter a key. It is a digital license. It says that my M-account is linked to a digital license. The question is, does the license remain with the sale or not? Do I just need to unlink my license?

LG and thank you very much for your help.

:)

duuustiin, Jul 10, 2020
  2. wishihad Win User

Activation options for Win10 with instant clones

We have a secure (no internet access) lab environment setup to test and validate a VMWare VDI deployment of Win10 clients.

Our issue is activation of the Win10 clients as they require re-activation every time we logoff and back on because we are using instant clones.

Does anyone have any suggestions on the best way to resolve this? Here are the options we are considering and issues as we understand them:

• Setup a KMS server
      • Requires a Volume license, which is doable
      • Documentation says we must have a minimum of 25 hosts, we don' have that in our lab
    • Use our MSDN account
      • No support for Win10 KMS license
      • No support for MKS activation
    • Manually activate each time
      • Gonna spend a lot of time on the phone Does the license of Win10 remain with the sale? :(
      • Win10 has no grace period so machines are crippled w/o activation
    Anyone have a thought or suggestions? I'm hoping I missed something.

Thanks

wishihad, Jul 10, 2020
  3. user33331 Win User
    Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Jul 10, 2020
  4. Does the license of Win10 remain with the sale?

Regions speech not available despite correct language pack install

The issue still remains unresolved, as English (Australia) simply does not show up in the list despite following all suggested steps to date (which I had done previously)

ChristopherWatson_46, Jul 10, 2020
Thema:

Does the license of Win10 remain with the sale?

1. Does the license of Win10 remain with the sale? - Similar Threads - Does license Win10

2. Battery time remaining does not show.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery time remaining does not show.: Even going to the settings does not show the time remaining. It shows the time to be fully charged only.I have an HP Elitebook x360 1040 G5The system is also fully updated....
  3. Battery time remaining does not show.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery time remaining does not show.: Even going to the settings does not show the time remaining. It shows the time to be fully charged only.I have an HP Elitebook x360 1040 G5The system is also fully updated....
  4. Win10 license

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win10 license: hey, i got a prebuilt pc a year ago and now i want to build my own. if i take the drive with all my things + my win10 license, will it be verified on the new pc? if not, how do i verify it? will i need to buy a new copy of win10?...
  5. Win10 license not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win10 license not working: Hi everyone, I have a PC a without a verified windows10 license and I’m not signed in to a Microsoft account. I bought one license online on G 2 A and it worked and got confirmation and everything! Then I shut down the PC and later turned it on again, and then it said it was...
  6. Wiping hard drive before sale - Windows 10 license?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wiping hard drive before sale - Windows 10 license?: I have a laptop running Windows 10 that I'm selling. The license was bought direct from Microsoft and I activated on fresh install of the operating system. I want to wipe the hard drive thoroughly and sell the laptop with no operating system / with a deactivated Windows 10....
  7. Upgrade WIN7 To WIN10 Using Cloned WIN7 SSD: Can Both Licenses Remain?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade WIN7 To WIN10 Using Cloned WIN7 SSD: Can Both Licenses Remain?: I have a WIN 7 cloned SSD and want to attempt the WIN 10 Upgrade on it keeping all my files and apps. In case the Upgrade fails I will still have my original WIN7 SSD and can reinsert it. Question is: once I Upgrade the clone to WIN 10, will I still be able to use my...
  8. My App on sale is not appearing in the on sale category.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My App on sale is not appearing in the on sale category.: My app has been on a sale price for 3 days but is not being listed on a deals selection regardless of what options I use to drill down. There is a very limited number of apps shown as on sale compared to previously. The app is "Plan And Cost" and has been in the store since...
  9. Windows 10 does not remain activated

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 does not remain activated: Good morning, I have a problem with the activation of Windows 10, it does not remain activated. I have the digital license via mail, everything there perfect. I am going to configuration - update and security - Activation. There I activate it and Windows 10 activates me ......
  10. .10 Sale

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .10 Sale: Not sure if this was posted anywhere, but MS is doing a .10 sale on certain games in the store...I guess it's supposed to change daily...but some of the games (normally $4.99 - $9.99) are only .10.....it's a great deal if you've been waiting for some games and if I recall,...