Windows 10: Does the "MB actually means MiB" thing apply to RAM-related stuff as well in Windows 10? In...

Discus and support Does the "MB actually means MiB" thing apply to RAM-related stuff as well in Windows 10? In... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Just trying to figure out which numbers would be more optimal to use while setting the size of a page file. submitted by /u/TwoCoresOneThread... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TwoCoresOneThread, Jan 23, 2021.

1. Does the "MB actually means MiB" thing apply to RAM-related stuff as well in Windows 10? In...

Just trying to figure out which numbers would be more optimal to use while setting the size of a page file.

submitted by /u/TwoCoresOneThread
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TwoCoresOneThread, Jan 23, 2021

2. error loading the TCP mib library in windows 10

Hello,

We suggest that you follow the suggestion of Bikesh T from this
    thread to isolate your concern with TCP MIB Library error. The troubleshooting
    steps provided on the thread is also applicable to Windows 10.

We'll look forward for the result.

Marvin Barc, Jan 23, 2021
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jan 23, 2021
  4. Does the "MB actually means MiB" thing apply to RAM-related stuff as well in Windows 10? In...

Windows 10 - How things have progressed

Few people hate changes that are for the better, and it is irrational to like a change that is for the worse. Added steps to complete the same task, and reduced functionality (in exchange for ... nothing) are both changes for the worse.

RAM was about $30/MB in 1995, and 4 MB was about the average amount that a then-new PC had (which usually had a 486 CPU), and that was about a $1,500 or $1,600 deal for a complete setup (including monitor, keyboard, mouse, and speakers). Here's a 75 MHz Pentium machine with 8 MB of RAM from 1995 for $2,000. For $2,800 you could make it a 133 MHz Pentium. Running Windows 95 comfortably in 1995 wasn't cheap. The funny thing is, those CPUs and RAM amounts became obsolete very quickly back then. That $2,800 machine from 1995 would be an absolute dog trying to run Windows XP from just 6 years later. I don't even think XP will attempt to install with only 8 MB of RAM, and even if it did, it would run like cold molasses; to the point of being effectively unusable:

So just 6 years later, that $2,800 machine only has half the CPU clock rate, 1/8 the RAM, and 1/3 the hard drive space of a machine that could just barely run XP (XP on a 233 MHz CPU and 64 MB of RAM is quite the dog itself).

Today, even a relatively low-end desktop PC from 6 years ago will run Windows 10 alright, and a high-end machine from 2009 (e.g., Core i7, 8 GB of RAM or more) is in the "way overkill" category for running Windows 10.

MaximRecoil, Jan 23, 2021
Thema:

Does the "MB actually means MiB" thing apply to RAM-related stuff as well in Windows 10? In...

1. Does the "MB actually means MiB" thing apply to RAM-related stuff as well in Windows 10? In... - Similar Threads - Does actually means

2. Screensaver - What does the wait time actually mean?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screensaver - What does the wait time actually mean?: Hi. So I started using a screensaver not long ago because it looked interesting and I wanted to try it out, but it was in the Screen Saver Settings pop-up window that arose this question: What does the wait time actually mean? I have changed the wait time to see if anything...
  3. Screensaver - What does the wait time actually mean?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screensaver - What does the wait time actually mean?: Hi. So I started using a screensaver not long ago because it looked interesting and I wanted to try it out, but it was in the Screen Saver Settings pop-up window that arose this question: What does the wait time actually mean? I have changed the wait time to see if anything...
  4. Windows Defender and all security related stuff does not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender and all security related stuff does not work: My PC is just part off a botnet or something where all my security is shut off and security stuff cannot be turned on no matter what. And I love these i must contact the ADMIN stuff. Who is the ADMIN to all my personal info and any related security stuff I cant even get my...
  5. Windows Defender and all security related stuff does not work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Defender and all security related stuff does not work: My PC is just part off a botnet or something where all my security is shut off and security stuff cannot be turned on no matter what. And I love these i must contact the ADMIN stuff. Who is the ADMIN to all my personal info and any related security stuff I cant even get my...
  6. Windows Defender and all security related stuff does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Windows update will not actually apply?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows update will not actually apply?: I've been trying to run updates to v2004 on our network and some machines will go through the motions and actually show as complete and successful, but the update actually isn't applied. It's still on 1909. It's attempted over and over to no avail and I can not figure out...
  8. Well, does anyone know what this stuff is or relates to?

in Windows 10 Support
    Well, does anyone know what this stuff is or relates to?: [img] It's located here... HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\zh_auto_file It also shows up in Hkey\Current User and Hkey\User Inside the keys with the wierd character are (Default) REG_SZ values like... .7z_auto_file dmp_auto_file BAK_auto_file tmp_auto_file sav_auto_file etc......
  9. Things Windows 10 does well

in Windows 10 Support
    Things Windows 10 does well: Hi, I used every version of Windows so far. Yes, even 1 and 2, although they were mostly curiosities and not actually usable. And I also used just about any other OS. But I cannot think of a single thing Windows 10 does well. I have been a programmer / project leader by...
  10. What does "Manufacturer's apps" actually mean?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What does "Manufacturer's apps" actually mean?: Is it drivers or just those printer apps and whatnot? How do I stop Win10 from unnecessarily touching my drivers? submitted by /u/DaoNayt [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ep2kow/what_does_manufacturers_apps_actually_mean/