Windows 10: Does the Media Creation tool ISO contain the Anniversary Update yet?

Discus and support Does the Media Creation tool ISO contain the Anniversary Update yet? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My windows 10 machine fails to install the anniversary update and overall is a lot less stable from when the same machine was running Windows 7. Most... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by protivakid, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Does the Media Creation tool ISO contain the Anniversary Update yet?

My windows 10 machine fails to install the anniversary update and overall is a lot less stable from when the same machine was running Windows 7. Most of the time coming out of sleep mode fails where as on Win 7 I never had this issue.

Anyways I want to do a fresh installation but I want to install the latest version. Does the Media Creation tool ISO include the anniversary update? If not is there a disc floating around that does or a way to slipstream it in?

:)

protivakid, Oct 14, 2016

2. Does Windows 10 ISO downloaded form the Media Creation Tool keep up to date?

Does the Windows 10 ISO downloaded form the Media Creation Tool keep up to date?

If I download the ISO from the Media Creation Tool will it come with the anniversary update?

What about the minor security patches?

Bharat Middha, Oct 14, 2016
  3. Entegy Win User
    about RS1 update.

The media creation tool will allow you to make an ISO of the Anniversary Update. It will be about 3GB of a download.

You are not guaranteed to get the Anniversary Update on day 1, so I wouldn't worry about it downloading. Just make the ISO once the media creation tool is updated, which should be August 3 by the latest.

Entegy, Oct 14, 2016
  4. Steve C Win User

Does the Media Creation tool ISO contain the Anniversary Update yet?

Yes, it has been the AU version for a while. You can download the ISO file direct from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft.../windows10ISO/. You can tell the version from the filename. The version today for me (UK) is Win10_1607_EnglishInternational_x64.iso. 1607 is the AU version. Your PC will update to the latest build of the AU/1607 after installation which is currently Build 14393.321.

Steve C, Oct 14, 2016
  5. Ok so as long as the ISO says 1607 I'm good then? Sweet!

protivakid, Oct 14, 2016
  6. The media creation tool has been doing the Anniversary Update since July 29th. Your post sounds like a clean installation is advisable.

Cbarnhorst, Oct 14, 2016
  7. Bree New Member
    If you wish to use the Media Creation Tool (say, you want to make a bootable USB rather than download the .iso) then make sure you download the latest version of the MCT first. If you have an old copy that you previously used to download 1511 you'll likely find that it still downloads 1511. (I'll not be making that mistake again *Smile )

8. Does the Media Creation tool ISO contain the Anniversary Update yet?

I read a CNET article which said the following:

"The Windows 10 Media Creation Tool allows you to create your own Windows 10 installation media (USB, DVD or ISO) to perform a clean installation of the operating system. The Media Creation Tool doesn't yet include the Anniversary Update, so if you attempt to update your system using media created with this tool, you will simply end up reinstalling Windows 10."

It came out on Sep 15 so I figured they were correct and up-to-date in stating this. Glad to see I was wrong.

Article: How to download and install the Windows 10 Anniversary Update

protivakid, Oct 15, 2016
  9. Bree New Member
    It also said:

I guess they forgot to update the bit about the MCT not yet including the AU. That was correct at 2 August. It wasn't until a week after launch on the 9th Aug. that I could download an MCT that made the AU media.

Bree, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Does the Media Creation tool ISO contain the Anniversary Update yet?

1. Does the Media Creation tool ISO contain the Anniversary Update yet? - Similar Threads - Does Media Creation

2. Is the media creation tool the same as an ISO file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is the media creation tool the same as an ISO file: I'm having problems upgrading a win 8.1 laptop to win 10. I've tried doing it directly via the site and I have also tried using a USB installation media creation tool to no avail so I though I would try this ISO thing but it looks like the same thing as the usb media creation...
  3. Media Creation Tool ISO build question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Media Creation Tool ISO build question: Hi all, When you go to the Microsoft website to download the Media Creation Tool, is there any way of knowing the exact build of the ISO file before you download it? I cant find anywhere on the website where this might be listed. All it tells you is it is version 1903. Back...
  4. Does Media Creation Tool download updates?

Does Media Creation Tool download updates?: I just created a bootable USB with the media creation tool and I'm wondering if it includes the most recent updates, or do I have to download them afterwards? 56113
  5. Has the Media Creation Tool been UPDATED to the Anniversary Release?

Has the Media Creation Tool been UPDATED to the Anniversary Release?: Hell All! I'm new here and I'm already looking forward learning a lot from everyone. I have 4 computers in my little apartment here and they are all running Windows 10 Build 10586. A couple of these machines are going to have some issues with the new update, so I'm...
  6. Using Media creation tool with existing ISO

Using Media creation tool with existing ISO: Hello all, I am trying to transition all of my machines to UEFI and I am trying to use Windows' media creation tool to build up a bootable USB drive to begin testing. I have an existing ISO and set of files for Windows 10 Enterprise but I can't seem to find the option for...
  7. Media creation tool does not download windows10.iso

Media creation tool does not download windows10.iso: Hello, i've been looking for help a long time a go, thank god i found this forum. Here is the problem, im trying to use the media creation tool to download the W10 iso, boot from a dvd and do a clean install, deleting all my data. But the media creation tool seems to...
  8. iso media creation tool

iso media creation tool: windows 10 home 64bit 1607 Updated windows 7 home premium 64bit to windows 10 home. Then to windows 10 home 1607. Is the media creation tool the same as 'create system image' in windows 10 home? Can I make an iso installer? Can it be activated with the windows 7 home...
  9. Media Creation Tool or MSDN ISO?

Media Creation Tool or MSDN ISO?: Is there any difference between creating a bootable Windows 10 USB drive with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool and downloading MSDN's Windows 10 ISO to manually create a bootable USB drive with it? 10620
  10. Media Creation Tool - ISO Failure

Media Creation Tool - ISO Failure: I am trying to create a bootable USB/DVD through the Media Creation Tool and am failing each time. I have selected English, Windows 10 Home, 64-bit for the options and tried both the USB Flash Drive option and ISO options and have resulted in only "Something happened"...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. media creation tool download for kb4528630)