Windows 10: Does the Microsoft support customer care ask for the product key and product ID?

Discus and support Does the Microsoft support customer care ask for the product key and product ID? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I'm from India and I called the Microsoft tollfree number and the customer care person who took the phone asked for the product key and product ID. Do... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by its Benoy here, Jul 26, 2018.

1. Does the Microsoft support customer care ask for the product key and product ID?

I'm from India and I called the Microsoft tollfree number and the customer care person who took the phone asked for the product key and product ID. Do they ask like that? Product key is a confidential thing right. I gave him the product ID but did not give him the product key.

:)

its Benoy here, Jul 26, 2018

2. Product ID

Hi Russell,

We appreciate the information you've provided regarding the product ID. To resolve your concern, we suggest that you do the following steps:

• Click on Start and type: Command Prompt.
    • Right click on it and select Run as administrator.
    • Type: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey.
    • Press Enter. That should give you the product key to type in the activation.
    Get back to us if you need further assistance.

PreciousLeb, Jul 26, 2018
  3. i know the product id but forget the product key

Hello,

There is still a way to search for your product key. Kindly follow the steps below for you to know your product key:

• Press Windows key + X
    • Click Command Prompt (admin)
    • Enter the following command: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey
    • Then hit Enter
    The product key will be revealed, copy the product key then enter it.

Give us an update on what happens.

Anthony Cato, Jul 26, 2018
  4. Does the Microsoft support customer care ask for the product key and product ID?

Software Question - product ID & Product Key

Product ID and Product key are two separate things.

Product ID helps identify the product channel (OEM, Retail, Volume License) and the level of support you are entitled to.

Product key is alphanumeric and activates Windows 10 then pairs it to your hardware.

Andre Da Costa, Jul 26, 2018
Thema:

Does the Microsoft support customer care ask for the product key and product ID?

1. Does the Microsoft support customer care ask for the product key and product ID? - Similar Threads - Does Microsoft support

2. MICROSOFT PRODUCT KEY ID # 3560740011216

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MICROSOFT PRODUCT KEY ID # 3560740011216: i found this how to still use it, can I still USE it? MICROSOFT PRODUCT KEY ID # 3560740011216 MAC# E4OD36C759ED https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-product-key-id-3560740011216/e674beb5-562b-4a35-a9dd-1f220a577614
  3. MICROSOFT PRODUCT KEY ID # 3560740011216

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MICROSOFT PRODUCT KEY ID # 3560740011216: i found this how to still use it, can I still USE it? MICROSOFT PRODUCT KEY ID # 3560740011216 MAC# E4OD36C759ED https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-product-key-id-3560740011216/e674beb5-562b-4a35-a9dd-1f220a577614
  4. Is it possible to recover product key by product id?

Is it possible to recover product key by product id?: product id=00339-10000-00000-AA016 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-possible-to-recover-product-key-by-product/ab8dc814-0774-448d-9b11-a5bbabd65242
  5. Regarding the Product ID and Product Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Regarding the Product ID and Product Key: Sir i have lost my product key details and unfortunately i have also downloaded the fake windows can I get it back as my on my registerd email.i will be very thankfukl for this thankimg you...
  6. Regarding the Product ID and Product Key

Regarding the Product ID and Product Key: Sir i have lost my product key details and unfortunately i have also downloaded the fake windows can I get it back as my on my registerd email.i will be very thankfukl for this thankimg you...
  7. Regarding the Product ID and Product Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  8. product key support

in Windows 10 Gaming
    product key support: not realizing I was logged in under my Microsoft Name my son installed his new game under my account. How can I uninstall and install under his account? We are using the same computer but we have different user names. I want he game under his account with his other games....
  9. product key/id

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    product key/id: Is the product key different from the product id? I have a 25 character key for windows and on the profile page it says product id with a different number. Then on the right it says change product key. This confusing.to me. Could you please explain in case I have to...
  10. Does the Microsoft customer support representative ask for the product key and product ID?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Does the Microsoft customer support representative ask for the product key and product ID?: I'm from India and I called the Microsoft tollfree number and the customer care person who took the phone asked for the product key and product ID. Do they ask like that? Product key is a confidential thing right. I gave him the product ID but did not give him the product...