Windows 10: Does the Microsoft Windows Store look like a virus and act like one too, or is it just me?

Discus and support Does the Microsoft Windows Store look like a virus and act like one too, or is it just me? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; What is the Microsoft Windows Store? Should I assume that something that obscures its executables like this is safe? Im talking about anything that... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ChristinaShonts, May 21, 2020.

1. Does the Microsoft Windows Store look like a virus and act like one too, or is it just me?

What is the Microsoft Windows Store? Should I assume that something that obscures its executables like this is safe?

Im talking about anything that is installed from the windows store. I cant even see the executable unless I want to go through the hastle. And I have. And its pain in the Back End of C:\Program Files. Why can the view the executable easily? And am I supposed to think that is reasonable?

The first time I used the windows store on someone elses computer win10, I though they had this massive virus. I deleted everything in the entire directory after I spent the 45 minutes it took to gain the privilege to even open the folder.

Im not an idiot. There was a large folder full of executables that seemed like they were obscured to me. Like they were being intentionally hidden. I later learned that that this directory that I deleted was Microsoft's latest and greatest.

I GET IT NOW. NOT A VIRUS.

Now try to make a shortcut to a store app. Im not asking, I know how This is npt something your everyday user can do easily. Not everyone is up to learning about shell folders.

AND THE QUESTION IS... Why what is the benefit of making this such a pain in the ****? May things that can be down loaded from the MS Storre can also be downloaded as portable executables. Why cant I see the executable sans jumping through hoops?

:)

ChristinaShonts, May 21, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Looks Like Microsoft Will Rename Windows Store to Microsoft Store

Read more: It Looks Like Microsoft Will Rename Windows Store to Microsoft Store - Thurrott.com

Brink, May 21, 2020
  3. Estaric Win User
    Why is my machine acting like this?

it sound like it could be some sort of virus or to many back ground processes. Should not be a issue with the cpu listed or the amount of ram you have nothing in terms of hardware should be bottlenecking from what i can tell.

Estaric, May 21, 2020
  4. Does the Microsoft Windows Store look like a virus and act like one too, or is it just me?

what is ielobasem.com looks like a virus?

Hi,

It is a scam website warning your harddrive is infected with a Trojan virus. It then lists a phoney Microsoft # to call.

FYI: I've removed the link to prevent others being scammed.

Smittychat., May 21, 2020
Thema:

Does the Microsoft Windows Store look like a virus and act like one too, or is it just me?

1. Does the Microsoft Windows Store look like a virus and act like one too, or is it just me? - Similar Threads - Does Microsoft Store

2. Why OneDrive acting like a Virus?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why OneDrive acting like a Virus?: So... I log in accentually to OneDrive at my Computer at Work and it mess around my Desktop, my Pictures, my Documents... It start downloading files from my computer at Home.-It moves all my Folders from C:\Users\USER\ $*Desktop $*Pictures $*Documents etc. to...
  3. Why OneDrive acting like a Virus?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why OneDrive acting like a Virus?: So... I log in accentually to OneDrive at my Computer at Work and it mess around my Desktop, my Pictures, my Documents... It start downloading files from my computer at Home.-It moves all my Folders from C:\Users\USER\ $*Desktop $*Pictures $*Documents etc. to...
  4. Microsoft Store act like a virus that stucks download, plz help

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store act like a virus that stucks download, plz help: No matter what i do, what i try, i can't cancel my downloads, it started when i tried to install MC Dungeons and Human Fall Flat, it didnt work and i learned that it was cuz of Gaming Service, it supposed to be installed but no, cuz i was able to install game before and play...
  5. Why does it look like this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why does it look like this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ArmedEnt2206 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/metb1f/why_does_it_look_like_this/
  6. Microsoft Store acting like it doesn't exist

Microsoft Store acting like it doesn't exist: My Microsoft Store acting like it's just doesn't exist! I have Pinned Microsoft Store in taskbar but any time I open it, it doesn't open! Even when I ran to Reset the Microsoft Store, it's just disappeared from the Apps and Features List. Even when I go to Themes in...
  7. Why does Windows look like this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why does Windows look like this?: [ATTACH] This shows up instead of my desktop, and it appears whenever I press the Windows key instead of opening Start. Any way I can revert this to the old version where pressing the Windows key opens the start menu instead? I am on Windows 10 Home build 19041.746...
  8. Why does my Microsoft Store look like this?

Why does my Microsoft Store look like this?: My Microsoft Store looks like this: [ATTACH] I made a new local user and the store looked completely different and would let me sign in with personal accounts. I downloaded Minecraft for Windows 10 and could download it on the local user but I don't know how to move the...
  9. Does microsoft like to look like fools?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Does microsoft like to look like fools?: With as many bugs in updates or Windows to begin with, it's no surprise to me that people are rolling back their OS or just going to Linux. Is microsoft happy with this?...
  10. Looks Like Microsoft Will Rename Windows Store to Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 News
    Looks Like Microsoft Will Rename Windows Store to Microsoft Store: Microsoft’s many online and retail store brands are confusing to consumers. And it looks like they’re finally going to take the obvious step of fixing that, at least in Windows 10. Of course, this is Microsoft, so this could just be yet another round of A/B testing....