Windows 10: Does the new Chrome-based Edge uninstall the old version?

Discus and support Does the new Chrome-based Edge uninstall the old version? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Simple question, as per the title... I'm slightly confused, as CCleaner still thinks both versions of Edge are installed - or is it that CCleaner is... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by mingle, Mar 14, 2020.

1. mingle Win User

Does the new Chrome-based Edge uninstall the old version?

Simple question, as per the title...

I'm slightly confused, as CCleaner still thinks both versions of Edge are installed - or is it that CCleaner is the confused one?

Cheers,

Mike.

:)

mingle, Mar 14, 2020
  2. Xylee Del Win User

problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, Mar 14, 2020
  3. Edge Import Bookmarks from Chrome does not work

Hi,

To resolve your issue with Microsoft Edge, we suggest that you clear your browsing data. Please follow the steps below:

• Click on the 3 dots at the upper right corner of Edge.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Go to Clear browsing data.
    • Click on Choose what to clear > Clear.
    • Try to import your bookmarks from Chrome to Microsoft Edge.

Let us know how it goes.

Melowin Mar, Mar 14, 2020
  4. Ltsims Win User

Uninstalling edge. I want to use Google Chrome, and Norton Security

Just purchased a new laptop. I don't want to use Microsoft Edge and it's security. I installed Google Chrome and downloaded Norton Security, which I'm used to. However, I can't uninstall Edge! And Norton Security won't install! Any suggestions????
    Thanks!

Ltsims, Mar 14, 2020
Thema:

1. Does the new Chrome-based Edge uninstall the old version? - Similar Threads - Does Chrome based

2. No new Edge version only the old version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No new Edge version only the old version: I recently updated my laptop to Windows 10 Version 2004. Because previous Windows 10 updates do not download on metered connections I had to take it to a local IT firm to push it through. I had to pay for this though - so much for 'free' Windows updates! I have Version 2004...
  3. Edge ( chrome based ) Clear history problem ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Edge ( chrome based ) Clear history problem ?: I have installed edge chrome based 64 bit stable version on windows 10 pro 64bit , when i clear history in new edge chrome based browser it open old edge browser window and clear that history ? how can i fix that ? submitted by /u/Ben_Copper [link] [comments]...
  4. Microsoft Edge old version?

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge old version?: Hello, When I just started my PC, a Windows Update came and the new Edge-Browser welcomed me. However, since I find many things worse improved, I wanted to ask if there is any way to get the old browser back... LG Microsoft Edge alte Version bekommen?
  5. Uninstalling new Microsoft Edge

Uninstalling new Microsoft Edge: Before I could disable Microsoft Edge thru SystemApps folder, but after this new windows update from microsoft edge i cant disable it anymore thru that folder. Any possible way to uninstall it? submitted by /u/2Ace2 [link] [comments]...
  6. Microsoft Edge (New and Old versions) overhyped?

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge (New and Old versions) overhyped?: Windows v1909, build 18363.720: - Having read the positive reviews about the new Edge browser I thought I will install it and try it and I am really disappointed in it. I really cannot see why the reviewers are hyping it up. I think it a case of "the emperor's new clothes"...
  7. New version of Edge

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New version of Edge: Hello! I've downloaded and installed the new version of Edge. Now I find Windows 10 Mail no longer exists, my wallpaper has disappeared. In the start menu Mail has a line under it. When I click on it nothing happens, if I right click it I get an option of pinning to...
  8. Any solution to the problem of Chrome and Chrome based Edge constantly crashing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Any solution to the problem of Chrome and Chrome based Edge constantly crashing?: Got an ASUS Rampage V Extreme MB. Intel I-7 5930K. OS drive is a Samsung 970 Evo 1 Terabyte NVME M2 SSD. 16 Gig of G-Skill DDR-4 2667 Running Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit. 2 x EVGA GTX 1080 ti Founders Edition video cards in SLI. 1000 Watt Cooler Master PS. 2 x Acer 286 HK...
  9. New Edge and all chrome-based browsers will cause a DCOM

in Browsers and Email
    New Edge and all chrome-based browsers will cause a DCOM: New Edge and all chrome-based browsers will cause a DCOM error in the event log.There is no error until it is opened. 149236
  10. Uninstalling Old Edge?

Uninstalling Old Edge?: Hey everyone, is it possible to somehow uninstall the Old Edge now? Seems kind of useless to have laying around and it looks pretty weird lol Screenshot submitted by /u/BandicootCx [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/epussx/uninstalling_old_edge/