Windows 10: does the new windows player app ,support DVD-ROM

Discus and support does the new windows player app ,support DVD-ROM in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; does the new windows player app ,support DVD-ROM... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by buzz65, Mar 11, 2021.

1. buzz65 Win User

does the new windows player app ,support DVD-ROM

:)

buzz65, Mar 11, 2021

2. Windows DVD Player installed in Windows 10 but not recognizing DVD to play

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

The DVD Player app only supports the following:

a. DVDs from a file backup is not supported, the app currently only plays DVD movies on optical discs.

b. The App will only play DVD's not Blu-ray discs.

If you satisfy both the categories, I would suggest you follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Update DVD/CD-ROM drives from Device Manager.

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click Enter.

• Expand the DVD/CD-ROM drives.

• Double-click on the DVD/CD-ROM drive.

• In Properties, go to Drivers Tab and click on Update.
    If this does not work you might have to Uninstall and then reinstall your drivers in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps to uninstall and reinstall the driver.

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click Enter.

• Expand the DVD/CD-ROM drives.

• Double-click on the DVD/CD-ROM drive.

• In Properties, go to Drivers Tab and click on Uninstall.

• Reinstall your audio driver from Manufacturer's Website in Compatibility mode.

• Restart your system
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Mar 11, 2021
  3. Windows DVD Player FUBAR

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community.

In order to assist you better could you please confirm whether you're using the Windows 10 DVD player App or Windows Media Player (DVD).

I suggest you to update the drivers from the Device Manager and see if this helps. Follow the steps below to do the same:

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the DVD/CD ROM Drives.
    • Right-click on the mentioned drive and click on Properties.
    • Go to Drivers Tab and click on Update.
    • Restart the computer and check.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Mar 11, 2021
  4. DC0221 Win User

Windows DVD Player APP question

Thanks, support team,

I have two questions about Windows DVD Player APP, please kindly assist answer that

• Did Windows DVD Player APP support VOB files?
    • What kind video files could be using Windows DVD Player APP to play?

DC0221, Mar 11, 2021
Thema:

1. does the new windows player app ,support DVD-ROM - Similar Threads - does player app

2. CD/DVD Rom

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    CD/DVD Rom: On My Windows 10 Dell Computer My CD/DVD Don't Work No CD's Or DVD's Will Play Is There A Driver Missing What Can Be The Problem ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cddvd-rom/6e54509b-68b3-4134-aa08-365459368b93
  3. DVD rom showing as cd rom

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    DVD rom showing as cd rom: submitted by /u/smoka1711 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lwffrd/dvd_rom_showing_as_cd_rom/
  4. Can't read dvd on centrix usb dvd-rom player

Can't read dvd on centrix usb dvd-rom player: I have a centrix usb dvd player that works fine on my old toshiba laptop reads and installs programs but my new computer an hp pavillion x360 recognizes the dvd player in device manager and indicates everything is working fine but when put a dvd disk in there it wont read...
  5. DVD PLAYER DOES NOT WORK

DVD PLAYER DOES NOT WORK: After installing WIN 10 on my DELL desktop PC the DVD player in the tower does not work. It does not play music when I insert a disk. The DVD door open and close at different times with a DVD in or without a DVD in it. How can I fix this problem, without having to pay a...
  6. Does DVD player / ROM / writer physically "touch" the DVD disc

Does DVD player / ROM / writer physically "touch" the DVD disc: It's said CD / DVD / VCD is read by laser , and never touch the disc physcially, and so it would never scratch the disc and cause any data rot to the disc, is that true? My discs are more expensive than the DVD writer... 133953
  7. microsoft dvd player app does not show subtitles

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microsoft dvd player app does not show subtitles: I bought a new computer with windows 10. I bought the nicrosoft dvd player app. The picture shows and the sound is OK but it doesnot show subtitles - the DVD is an original and the box states subtitles are available....
  8. DVD/CD ROM

DVD/CD ROM: my DVD/CD ROM missing some drives doesn't read blank discs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvdcd-rom/cf6ec6ea-3c4d-4f3f-889c-c1abe759469a
  9. dvd rom

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    dvd rom: Hi.What program from Microsoft for dvd rom windows 10 os from dell> https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-rom/8dd17d1b-790a-4b2d-8c4c-a18415102b41
  10. DVD player does NOT work

in Windows 10 Customization
    DVD player does NOT work: IF it can't be fixed I'm going back to WIN7 Pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/dvd-player-does-not-work/43671cd0-c2a0-4612-bc3e-5b20e4a313c8