Windows 10: Does the Power Button setting of 'Do nothing' still file a Windows Event log when button is...

Discus and support Does the Power Button setting of 'Do nothing' still file a Windows Event log when button is... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Under: Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Power Options\System Settings "When I press the power button:" has the option "Do nothing", which works on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by YanisLukes, Jan 29, 2019.

1. Does the Power Button setting of 'Do nothing' still file a Windows Event log when button is...

Under:
    Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Power Options\System Settings

"When I press the power button:" has the option "Do nothing", which works on the PC. But I still wanted to add a task in the Task Scheduler when the button is pressed. So does it at least still file a Windows Event log when button is pressed, as I can't find it?

:)

YanisLukes, Jan 29, 2019
  2. RCoon Win User

Reset Button Corsair Carbide 200R

Your restart button is not your sleep button. A sleep button is one likely found on the keyboard. The restart button will only ever restart a PC and windows will moan about power being cut.

RCoon, Jan 29, 2019
  3. Windows 10-Power button not on log in screen

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

From the description of the issue, I understand that the Power button functionality in Windows 10 is missing.

Before proceeding, please check if the same issue occur when logged in through a different user account.

Ref:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-set-up-accounts

Please perform the below steps and see if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1:

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      sfc/scannow
      and press enter.

• Restart the computer.

If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Method 2:

If issue persist, Kindly follow the below given steps and check if it helps:

Run these commands:

• Press Windows key and type Powershell
      in search, right click on it and Open as administrator .

• Type the following command in Powershell and hit enter:

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further assistance, please do let us know and we would be happy to help you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jan 29, 2019
  4. Paolo Mag Win User

Does the Power Button setting of 'Do nothing' still file a Windows Event log when button is...

Sleep Button recently disappeared from power button.

Hi,

One of the possible reasons why the Sleep button is not available is that it has been disabled from the settings of your PC. For us to assist you, we recommend that you follow the simple steps listed below to enable the Sleep button:

• Press the Start menu.
    • Type Control Panel, and then press Enter.
    • At the upper right side of your window, change the View by option to
      Large icons.
    • Click on Power Options.
    • Select Choose what the power buttons do link on the left side of the window.
    • Press on Change settings that are currently unavailable.
    • Scroll down to the Shutdown settings section. Now check the Sleep checkbox and click Save changes button.

After doing these steps kindly check if the Sleep button is now available.

Let us know how it goes and if you need further assistance, feel free to post back.

Paolo Mag, Jan 29, 2019
Thema:

Does the Power Button setting of 'Do nothing' still file a Windows Event log when button is...

1. Does the Power Button setting of 'Do nothing' still file a Windows Event log when button is... - Similar Threads - Does Power Button

2. What the power button does

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What the power button does: Hello -- I had and issue the last time I restarted my computer --- I just installed an update for one of my programs and I notI hadhad to reboot I reboot the computer, but I guess that interrupt got lost along the way so the OS seemed to be in some sort a state and did not...
  3. What the power button does

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What the power button does: Hello -- I had and issue the last time I restarted my computer --- I just installed an update for one of my programs and I notI hadhad to reboot I reboot the computer, but I guess that interrupt got lost along the way so the OS seemed to be in some sort a state and did not...
  4. What the power button does

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Power button settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power button settings: If i were to set the power button to do nothing when pressed located in change what closing the lid does settings if i were to shutdown the computer can i still use the power button to turn it on?...
  6. Power button settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power button settings: If i were to set the power button to do nothing when pressed located in change what closing the lid does settings if i were to shutdown the computer can i still use the power button to turn it on?...
  7. Windows Start button does nothing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Start button does nothing: When I click on the Windows start button bottom left or if I press the windows start button key on the keyboard nothing happens https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-start-button-does-nothing/26c1fa96-e807-44cb-88ae-57f60984669c
  8. Install Button Does Nothing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Install Button Does Nothing: Earlier I bought Forza and tried to install it. I changed the drive from "C:" to "D:" because I didn't have enough space to store it. When I click the install button it doesn't do anything. However, when I try installing it on another drive it works fine. I've tried...
  9. Power Button Setting

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power Button Setting: I have an Acer Aspire 3 and set the power button to shut down when pressed, on both battery and plugged in status. Changes were saved and it still has those settings - but it doesn't work. Nothing at all happens when I press the power button. This setting has worked on...
  10. Clicking Start Button does nothing

in Windows 10 Support
    Clicking Start Button does nothing: My Win10 Home 64 bit computer was working correctly yesterday. Today there was one notification which just showed 'windows.immersivecontrolpanel-cw5n1h2xyewy! microsoft.windows.it', although I am not sure if the last part was something like 'immersive' as the last character...