Windows 10: Does the power slider work if I have a single battery profile?

Discus and support Does the power slider work if I have a single battery profile? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My laptop came with just the 'Balanced' power profile, and I wonder if the battery slider works independently of those? If not, do I just set up a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Gerstlauer, Oct 22, 2020.

1. Does the power slider work if I have a single battery profile?

My laptop came with just the 'Balanced' power profile, and I wonder if the battery slider works independently of those? If not, do I just set up a power saving and performance profile? Thanks

submitted by /u/Gerstlauer
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Gerstlauer, Oct 22, 2020
  2. suryapolu Win User

Battery Power slider missing.

thanks for replying back par_0511.

I tried all the methods that u suggested, but the battery slider is still missing.

suryapolu, Oct 22, 2020
  3. Helmut Win User
    Battery Slider vs Power Options

The Battery slider power control is not completely independent, obviously some settings would be common.
    Early versions of Windows 10 had more than one Power Plan, but they changed it into the one plan, Balanced (recommended) and then added a Power Mode slider control to the Battery icon.
    Which makes it a lot easier than going to Power Plans.

i.e. The Power Mode slider control is the equivalent of a different Power Plan.

All part of a general shift from the old Control Panel to the Settings App.

Helmut, Oct 22, 2020
  4. mkr10001 Win User

Does the power slider work if I have a single battery profile?

Battery Slider vs Power Options

What bearing if any does the slider have on the power options (from control panel)
    I slid it to better battery but the power plan was still set to balanced?

Are they completely independent?

I needed to leave my laptop on over night and the fan kept starting up (not sure why, it was only downloading some files). I set it to better battery assuming this would limit the cpu so it wouldn't get so hot, it didn't. Changed my power plan to power saver and changed max state to 60% and it was fine....

Slider seems to do nothing.

mkr10001, Oct 22, 2020
Thema:

Does the power slider work if I have a single battery profile?

1. Does the power slider work if I have a single battery profile? - Similar Threads - Does power slider

2. Removing battery power mode sliders

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing battery power mode sliders: Hello, I wonder if its possible to remove those power sliders in battery icons because they do mess up with certain things for me, i would like to just run on balanced power plan without the need of those things, Thanks in advance....
  3. Removing battery power mode sliders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing battery power mode sliders: Hello, I wonder if its possible to remove those power sliders in battery icons because they do mess up with certain things for me, i would like to just run on balanced power plan without the need of those things, Thanks in advance....
  4. Removing battery power mode sliders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Battery Power slider missing.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery Power slider missing.: As the title says, the battery slider in Windows 10 is missing. It was there a few days ago but today when I checked it, it wasn't. I haven't changed anything recently in the power options. I checked the internet for a fix, but all of them are nothing but "keep the power...
  6. Why does power slider recommends greater power in battery than when plugged in?

Why does power slider recommends greater power in battery than when plugged in?: The Windows 10 power slider shows a recommended power setting that is higher when on battery than when plugged. The reason is not intuitive for me. Can someone explain?...
  7. Battery Slider vs Power Options

Battery Slider vs Power Options: What bearing if any does the slider have on the power options (from control panel) I slid it to better battery but the power plan was still set to balanced? Are they completely independent? I needed to leave my laptop on over night and the fan kept starting up (not sure...
  8. How to disable Power Slider in Battery on Taskbar

How to disable Power Slider in Battery on Taskbar: So Basically I want to know how to disable the Power Slider( As shown in the yellow circle below) and I know you can do it because I used to have it but I messed around with the power settings and managed to make this pop up again. So please somebody tell me how to disable it...
  9. Battery Slider is missing

Battery Slider is missing: Title says it all... After fully formated my laptop,i missing the power slide option which i can select to have high performance/batter saver and so on. Now im stuck with this [ATTACH] and i dont know how to bring it back...
  10. What does the power slider do ?

What does the power slider do ?: Dear forum readers, With the fall creators update (1709), MS mainstreamed a power slider in the battery UI for everyone using a power plan with Balanced personality. While it surely controls the new power throttling feature (setting the slider in the rightmost position...