Windows 10: Does the product key depend on the iso that came with Windows usb 3.0 flash drive?

Discus and support Does the product key depend on the iso that came with Windows usb 3.0 flash drive? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I recently bought a retail version of Windows 10 Home that comes with product key and a usb 3.0 pendrive. Unfortunately, the version of windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Debojyoti Sarkar, Oct 1, 2020.

1. Does the product key depend on the iso that came with Windows usb 3.0 flash drive?

Hi, I recently bought a retail version of Windows 10 Home that comes with product key and a usb 3.0 pendrive.

Unfortunately, the version of windows that came with the flash drive is very old of year 2016.

My question is that, what if I format that Windows pendrive and burn the latest windows 10 home version ver 2004 iso on that pendrive?

**Will my product key written on a card that came with the retail box STILL BE VALID?**

All I meant to say is that is the product key only for that specific 2016 year build that came with pendrive?

OR ***WILL THAT SAME KEY WORK AFTER I INSTALL THE LATEST VERSION?***

Note: I'm talking about Windows 10 Home only.

Please provide me a detailed info as it costed me money and I don't want to lose my license.

Thank you. Have a good day : .

:)

Debojyoti Sarkar, Oct 1, 2020

2. Bootable USB with ISO - What am I missing?

Tried the first program, but it fails .. not sure yet why but troubleshooting that ...

The pendrive seems to be only for linux? although seems very useful i dont think it will help me with this. Keeping it for future linux installs though

hmmm if I already have the iso, do I just throw that in the usb drive?

ok looking into this as well...

copenhagen69, Oct 1, 2020
  3. thraxed Win User
    Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Oct 1, 2020
  4. Does the product key depend on the iso that came with Windows usb 3.0 flash drive?

Bootable USB with ISO - What am I missing?

I am trying to install win7 from a USB. I set the USB to be first boot and it finds it, but wont install the iso.

I have tried ...

However when I get to bootsect it does not do anything .. says it is not a recognized internal command ...

Is there something I am missing? I even tried just loading the iso on the USB and booting, but did not work either

Is there an easier way?

copenhagen69, Oct 1, 2020
Thema:

Does the product key depend on the iso that came with Windows usb 3.0 flash drive?

1. Does the product key depend on the iso that came with Windows usb 3.0 flash drive? - Similar Threads - Does product key

2. Windows 10 Product Key and ISO

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Product Key and ISO: Hy I have purchased Windows 10 Key from Microsoft, I am not able to find the product key and ISO for downloading. Need assistance for that. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-product-key-and-iso/48d2501c-391b-4d14-9a90-1530bf2513b6
  3. Windows 10 Product Key and ISO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Product Key and ISO: Hy I have purchased Windows 10 Key from Microsoft, I am not able to find the product key and ISO for downloading. Need assistance for that. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-product-key-and-iso/48d2501c-391b-4d14-9a90-1530bf2513b6
  4. Burn ISO image to USB flash drive Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Burn ISO image to USB flash drive Windows 11: I am trying to do a clean install of Windows 11. My DVD does not work and I think it is because of some corrupted files. I downloaded the correct ISO image, but it will only allow me the option of burning the image to DVD. Windows help clearly states that the image can be...
  5. Burn ISO image to USB flash drive Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Burn ISO image to USB flash drive Windows 11: I am trying to do a clean install of Windows 11. My DVD does not work and I think it is because of some corrupted files. I downloaded the correct ISO image, but it will only allow me the option of burning the image to DVD. Windows help clearly states that the image can be...
  6. install windows iso from usb flash drive over network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    install windows iso from usb flash drive over network: i have trouble with a pc that cannot use its usb ports because it was fried. i dont have any disk that are capable to put windows installer in. only had a 29 gb flash drive lying around....
  7. install windows iso from usb flash drive over network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    install windows iso from usb flash drive over network: i have trouble with a pc that cannot use its usb ports because it was fried. i dont have any disk that are capable to put windows installer in. only had a 29 gb flash drive lying around....
  8. USB Flash Drive Showing 0 Bytes in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    USB Flash Drive Showing 0 Bytes in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Is your USB Flash Drive showing 0 Bytes in Windows 10? This article will help you to fix the issue using different solutions. Multiple users have reported that while trying to access the USB/SD card/Pen drive, it shows 0 bytes error, even where is data on it. If you...
  9. Acer Aspire 3 does not boot from USB flash drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Acer Aspire 3 does not boot from USB flash drive?: Hello, I'm supposed to do home office on my Acer Aspire 3 (8 GB RAM, Win 10, Intel i5 CPU, NVIDIA 2 GB GPU) For this purpose I received a bootable USB stick, from which I should quasi start. The Acer has UEFI with a MS-DOS-like user interface. F12 Boot is enabled, it...
  10. USB 2 Speeds on USB 3 flash drive.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB 2 Speeds on USB 3 flash drive.: As per title. Windows 10 has already killed an older USB 2 flash drive, now the new USB 3 one only copies files at 20MBps. USB is seriously broken in Windows 10. 32587