Windows 10: Does the recovery button 'Remove everything' remove my drivers as well?

Discus and support Does the recovery button 'Remove everything' remove my drivers as well? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi Microsoft. Thanks for checking on my post and responding to my trouble. So here is the thing, I am trying to recover my computer and install a new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Chun KItLau, Jun 21, 2019.

1. Does the recovery button 'Remove everything' remove my drivers as well?

Hi Microsoft. Thanks for checking on my post and responding to my trouble. So here is the thing, I am trying to recover my computer and install a new SSD to my laptop. As my current HDD that is not replaced yet, is running slow. I would like to wipe it to clean out all potential threats and viruses. I would first like to ask if this is a good option, to wipe it clean. Or to just recover windows using the recovery button that keeps all the files.

Second, as I am installing a new SSD, installing windows in a SSD is a better option as everything starts up much faster and smoother. So if I am installing a SSD. If I hit the recovery button beforehand, then I install my new SSD, will I be able to install the windows on the new SSD using the installation media? Also, if I am installing a new SSD everything on this hard drive will be new. Do I need to reinstall all the drivers again? Will the update on Device manager simply do the thing?

Thanks Microsoft for all the help.

:)

Chun KItLau, Jun 21, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Jun 21, 2019
  3. Hp 3520 printer can't remove

Hello,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. I will be glad to assist you with your issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if you can uninstall the printer software from your system:

Step 1: Remove the printer from the devices list.

Remove printers and uninstall any Windows print drivers using Windows
    Devices and Printers.

• If your printer connects to the computer with a USB cable, disconnect the cable from the printer.

• Turn the printer off and on again, and make sure that it is in a ready state.

• Search Windows for devices, and then click Devices and Printers in the list of results.

• Right-click the printer icon (
      Does the recovery button 'Remove everything' remove my drivers as well? c01514371.gif
      ) for your printer, and then click
      Remove Device. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.

• If multiple icons exist for the printer, remove them all.

Step 2: Locating the List of Installed Printer Drivers and removing them.

Follow the steps below:

1. Select Device and Printers
    from Control Panel.

2. Click one time on the printer which you want to uninstall, then click the
    Print Server Properties button in the horizontal blue bar at the top of the window.

3. Click the
    Drivers
    tab at the top of this window.

4. click the old printer driver you want to remove, then click the
    Remove button at the bottom of the window.

5. Click the option to the left of
    Remove driver and driver package, then click the OK button.

Try the above suggestion and let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jun 21, 2019
  4. Does the recovery button 'Remove everything' remove my drivers as well?

Best way to remove problem Malware

Hi There,

I am trying to remove a bundle of Malware without success.

There is a bundle of listed programs which I try to uninstall through the typical Control Panel effort, but they remain listed there:

Buenosearch Toolbar
    MyPC Backup
    PC Performer
    Speed Test 127
    UnknownFile

I was looking at this weblink which provides a 5 step process for Buenosearch alone:
    http://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-bueno-search/

Not sure how much certain guides can be trusted. One of the first things I read was to download Revo Uninstaller, and I've not heard of it so I'm not sure if it's trustworthy..........

radioraheem, Jun 21, 2019
Thema:

Does the recovery button 'Remove everything' remove my drivers as well?

1. Does the recovery button 'Remove everything' remove my drivers as well? - Similar Threads - Does recovery button

2. If I factory reset my pc will it remove everything on the account as well as pc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If I factory reset my pc will it remove everything on the account as well as pc?: I just got a hand me down pc from my stepdad and all of his stuff is on it. I’ve looked up if a factory reset will remove his accounts from the system I’ve already tried to remove them from the account section of the settings but there’s nothing that says remove account from...
  3. If I factory reset my pc will it remove everything on the account as well as pc?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    If I factory reset my pc will it remove everything on the account as well as pc?: I just got a hand me down pc from my stepdad and all of his stuff is on it. I’ve looked up if a factory reset will remove his accounts from the system I’ve already tried to remove them from the account section of the settings but there’s nothing that says remove account from...
  4. If I factory reset my pc will it remove everything on the account as well as pc?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Removing Everything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing Everything: If I decide to reset the pc and erase everything, would I have to repurchase apps or would I just have to reinstall them as if I only deleted them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-everything/b9d9a22d-fed4-41a6-82b5-3aad3eaa17f6
  6. Removing Everything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing Everything: If I decide to reset the pc and erase everything, would I have to repurchase apps or would I just have to reinstall them as if I only deleted them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-everything/b9d9a22d-fed4-41a6-82b5-3aad3eaa17f6
  7. Removing Everything

8. Restore/Remove Everything

Restore/Remove Everything: Restore/Remove Everything doesn't work. I go through the process, taking some minutes to run, and end with a message that says windows was unable to perform the function. I've removed things like anti-viurs and other things that I though might be blocking the process, but...
  9. Reset and remove everything

Reset and remove everything: Hello my friends. I reset windows 10 and chose remove everything yesterday. And i have a question.has All virus and connection history of my pc been deleted?...
  10. Recovery --> Reset this pc --> Remove everything - Error: INACCESSIBLE

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Recovery --> Reset this pc --> Remove everything - Error: INACCESSIBLE: Hi there, About 4 hours ago I updated Windows on my laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 10. After waiting for some time, my laptop was successfully upgraded to Windows 10, working perfectly! *Biggrin Since it's an old laptop, I decided to give it a clean install and went...