Windows 10: Does the recovery partition get updated when you upgrade from windows 10 home to Windows 10...

Discus and support Does the recovery partition get updated when you upgrade from windows 10 home to Windows 10... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I purchased a laptop with windows 10 home installed. After about a week I decided to upgrade to the Pro version. Now I know that the factory recovery... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DavidHogue1, Jan 22, 2019.

1. Does the recovery partition get updated when you upgrade from windows 10 home to Windows 10...

I purchased a laptop with windows 10 home installed. After about a week I decided to upgrade to the Pro version.

Now I know that the factory recovery will put back the Home version, but does that partition get updated when you upgrade to the Pro version.

In other words, if after I upgrade to the Pro version, and for some reason, I need to restore my computer, will it recover back to the Pro version or back to the Home version. And how do I ensure that I can recover back to the Pro version if my Recovery partition isn't updated when I upgrade to the Pro version?

:)

DavidHogue1, Jan 22, 2019
  2. MrGenius Win User

Download Windows 10 TH/RS

For the convenience of not having to use the installation media for startup repairs. But you should be able to use your installation media to do whatever the recovery partition does(including startup repairs). AFAIK. I could be wrong about that though.
    I'm not sure if I follow you there. But if you clean install Windows 10 there will be at least 3 partitions.
    • (EFI System Partition)
    • (Primary Partition)
    • (Recovery/OEM Partition)
    If you install from an OEM installation media there might(should?) be 4 partitions. Since there might(should?) be a Recovery partition and an OEM partition.

Does the recovery partition get updated when you upgrade from windows 10 home to Windows 10... partitions-10-png.png

Back on topic...

Download May 8 CU KB4103721 x64 (326.5MB)

Brings system to 17134.48

List of improvements and fixes found here.

MrGenius, Jan 22, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    HDD dying after windows 10 upgrade?

Ok the recovery partition was still on there now, just started up with f9 and it's working now, re-installing windows 7....
    There will be a few 100s updates I guess...

I will not upgrade to windows 10 anymore because of these previous problems.
    It's my "spare" laptop anyway, I will install windows 7 and all the updates and leave it as is.
    Also we won't upgrade to windows 10 on our other windows 8.1 computers.
    Windows 8.1 is supported till 2024, and by then we already have new computers/laptops anyway.

Thanks for the help @Jetster

P4-630, Jan 22, 2019
  4. Scrizz Win User

Does the recovery partition get updated when you upgrade from windows 10 home to Windows 10...

Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Jan 22, 2019
Thema:

Does the recovery partition get updated when you upgrade from windows 10 home to Windows 10...

1. Does the recovery partition get updated when you upgrade from windows 10 home to Windows 10... - Similar Threads - Does recovery partition

2. Windows 10 Recovery Partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Recovery Partition: When I try to reset my Asus VivoBook 2018 model I get the message Insert your installation or recovery media and restart your pc before it used to just restart and recover the system...
  3. Recovery Partition Upgraded when Upgrading from Win7? Or just delete.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Recovery Partition Upgraded when Upgrading from Win7? Or just delete.: Two questions: 1. My Lenovo T520 had some type of recovery partition on Windows 7 pro when I bought it as a refurbished from IBM. Not original OEM. Never had need to use it. When Windows 7 is upgraded to Windows 10, does the recovery partition also get upgraded? 2. If I...
  4. Windows 10 does not update from home to pro

Windows 10 does not update from home to pro: how to I update from windows 10 home to pro using registry editor *Moved from Feedback forums* https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-does-not-update-from-home-to-pro/59123bff-d7c7-4e65-a333-2da10f7be623
  5. Windows 10 install recovery from partition

Windows 10 install recovery from partition: This makes 0 sense to me. I booted my installing/recovery from a fixed partition on a usb hard drive using thr bootsect and make partition active feature. My image consists of my ssd wirh the c drive and recovery partitioms rhat were backed up. Upon trying to onstall my image...
  6. Getting a error when i upgrade Windows 7 Home to windows 10 Home

Getting a error when i upgrade Windows 7 Home to windows 10 Home: I'm upgrading my desktop Windows 7 home to windows 10 home. But when it's about 79%. I get a error and then goes back to the previous windows setting. The error I get is: 0xC1900101-0x4000D The installation failed in the SECOND_BOOT phase with an error during...
  7. Getting payment error when trying to upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro

Getting payment error when trying to upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro: Hello Microsoft, I tried to upgrade Windows 10 home edition to Windows 10 Pro edition. During the payment, it's displaying a message "We couldn't get authorisaton for this purchase". Do I need to do anything from my end? Thanks, Kiran...
  8. windows 10 Anniversary upgrade created a recovery partition

windows 10 Anniversary upgrade created a recovery partition: Hi , after windows 10 anniversary upgrade installation i ran Disk Management and found a new created Recovery Partition as shown in picture . 845 MB , Healthy (Recovery partition). Is it necessary or can I delete it ? The Upgrade installation has been absolutely successful...
  9. Windows 10 upgrade makes huge recovery partition

Windows 10 upgrade makes huge recovery partition: Hi, My Dell venue pro 11 tablet comes with a 32gb inbuilt space with windows 8.1. Then I got the free windows 10 upgrade which went smoothly. But now the problem is after the upgrade there was very little space left in my Cdrive. The recovery partition takes up 6.5gb of...
  10. Windows 10 upgrade installing on recovery partition.

Windows 10 upgrade installing on recovery partition.: Windows 10 is downloading to my win 8 recovery partition and before it's complete it tells me the recovery partition is full, which it is. I've run disc clean up and still no luck. Any way to get win 10 to download to another partition? 52815

Users found this page by searching for:

1. does the recovery partition get updated