Windows 10: Does the reset and clean drive delete partitions?

Discus and support Does the reset and clean drive delete partitions? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I had reset windows 10 with the clean drive option, and in short something happened and I ended up with a machine with no OS, so I'm getting a burned... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Karizma, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Karizma Win User

Does the reset and clean drive delete partitions?

I had reset windows 10 with the clean drive option, and in short something happened and I ended up with a machine with no OS, so I'm getting a burned copy of a win7 install disc, my question is I was looking online and saw someone say if the original partition that had your windows on was deleted my OEM key won't work with windows on a new partition with windows.

So is that true and does the clean drive even delete my partitions?

:)

Karizma, Jul 29, 2015
  2. 'Mike P Win User

about the reset and clean the drive option in windows 10

It just wipes the windows install and all files in the windows & system partitions & then reinstalls windows freshly.

If your drivers all seem ok you might first back those up to somewhere as then if its missing a driver in Device Manager all you will need to do is tell it to look to the main folder you backed up the drivers to.

PowerShell command similar to this;

Export-WindowsDriver -Online -Destination F:\Drivers

'Mike P, Jul 29, 2015
  3. about the reset and clean the drive option in windows 10

I want to know what would happen if I chose the option reset and clean the drive in windows 10.it is said that it will take few hours but will make recovery impossible.My question is whether I will be able to use my dell computer again with the same windows
    10 version as I normally would or it would completely remove windows 10 from my computer forever and I have to reinstall windows 10 from other sources after resetting.

delluserhimanshu, Jul 29, 2015
Thema:

Does the reset and clean drive delete partitions?

1. Does the reset and clean drive delete partitions? - Similar Threads - Does reset clean

2. to delete drive partitions for clean installation?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    to delete drive partitions for clean installation?: In a previous post, I mentioned I was in a bitlocker loop because my C drive was encrypted and i did not back up password correctlyI was told to do a clean reinstall of Windows 10 by a user here. I had watched some videos on that process. It seems that I have to delete all...
  3. to delete drive partitions for clean installation?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    to delete drive partitions for clean installation?: In a previous post, I mentioned I was in a bitlocker loop because my C drive was encrypted and i did not back up password correctlyI was told to do a clean reinstall of Windows 10 by a user here. I had watched some videos on that process. It seems that I have to delete all...
  4. to delete drive partitions for clean installation?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Does resetting The windows Delete Hard disk partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does resetting The windows Delete Hard disk partition: Hi, I'm a windows 10 userI had a common black screen in the systemAnd the solution is to reset the PCI Will Choose Reset This PC > Keep Personal FilesMy question is hereDoes resetting PC and keep Personal files will delete my E: Partition Note: I have 2 PartitionsLocal Disk...
  6. Does resetting The windows Delete Hard disk partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does resetting The windows Delete Hard disk partition: Hi, I'm a windows 10 userI had a common black screen in the systemAnd the solution is to reset the PCI Will Choose Reset This PC > Keep Personal FilesMy question is hereDoes resetting PC and keep Personal files will delete my E: Partition Note: I have 2 PartitionsLocal Disk...
  7. Does resetting The windows Delete Hard disk partition

8. Clean or delete partition error in DiskPart

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Clean or delete partition error in DiskPart: selamn aleykm my friends when i say diskpartda clean it says virtual disk servicess error what is the solution 161380
  9. PC reset deletes data in D-drive partition

PC reset deletes data in D-drive partition: My PC comes with Windows 10 installed in the C-drive with another partition D-drive for data storage. I did a backup to D-drive before doing a "Remove Everything" PC reset. However, all data in D-drive was also deleted. Why does PC reset also delete data in D-drive and how do...
  10. clean install after deleting partitions

clean install after deleting partitions: I have deleted the partitions, and have the unallocated space partition, clicked on next, but it won't progress. There's an hourglass that just sits there. Nothing happening....