Windows 10: Does the same Windows 10 App on multiple accounts take up more space?

Discus and support Does the same Windows 10 App on multiple accounts take up more space? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; When you create a new account it makes you redownload/reinstall any App that was already on a previous account. Is it actually doing this, or is it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by rasmasyean, Oct 19, 2018.

1. Does the same Windows 10 App on multiple accounts take up more space?

When you create a new account it makes you redownload/reinstall any App that was already on a previous account.
    Is it actually doing this, or is it some type of "user friendly consistency" trick? Is it just installing some settings folder?

I assume that new versions require a download, but what about the same version shared across accounts?

:)

rasmasyean, Oct 19, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Oct 19, 2018
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Does the same Windows 10  App on multiple accounts take up more space? :(

Zakin, Oct 19, 2018
  4. Does the same Windows 10 App on multiple accounts take up more space?

i cant open multiple apps on windows 10

Hi Jacklyn,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10. 

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing on Windows 10, we will certainly help you with this issue. 

In order to assist you better, I would like to know the following queries:

• What happens when you try to open multiple apps?

• What exact error message are you get when you try to open multiple apps?

• Are you referring to Windows app or Desktop app?

I would suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps:

• Open multiple apps that you want.

• Right click on the task bar.

• From the jump menu select Show all windows side by side.
    I also suggest you to run app troubleshooter and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Please get back to us with the above information, so that we can assist you better.

Thank you.

JuzarAli1709, Oct 19, 2018
Thema:

Does the same Windows 10 App on multiple accounts take up more space?

1. Does the same Windows 10 App on multiple accounts take up more space? - Similar Threads - Does same App

2. Something in my computer keeps taking up more and more space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something in my computer keeps taking up more and more space: Ever since seven days ago, I had 67.3GB free in my SSD drive out of 117GB.Now in the past week something has been drastically using up space, and now I'm only left with 50.8GB.The biggest thing I have downloaded was a film, which I sent to Recycle Bin and permanently deleted...
  3. Something in my computer keeps taking up more and more space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Something in my computer keeps taking up more and more space: Ever since seven days ago, I had 67.3GB free in my SSD drive out of 117GB.Now in the past week something has been drastically using up space, and now I'm only left with 50.8GB.The biggest thing I have downloaded was a film, which I sent to Recycle Bin and permanently deleted...
  4. Files taking up more space than they should.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files taking up more space than they should.: So when i download files, or pick files from my old computer to the one i am using now, the files take up more space than they should, and my disk storage seemingly keeps decreasing alone, the problem seems to be fixed when i delete the file, however the extra storage space...
  5. Windows Store Apps taking up space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Store Apps taking up space: So I tried to change where a game was gonna install to make sure it wouldn't take up my c drive. I started installing and realized it was still taking up my c drive. So I stopped the installation. I went and checked and my c drive was still almost full. I went and looked up...
  6. Multiple users taking up disk space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Multiple users taking up disk space: Hello, The company I am at uses shared laptops, after a few months, the storage space will fill up due to each individual user profile. I know how to clean it up and free up all the space. What I am asking, is there a policy or setting in Windows 10 that I as an admin can...
  7. Multiple of the same device take up space in Settings> Bluetooth & Other devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multiple of the same device take up space in Settings> Bluetooth & Other devices: Whenever I open this section of settings whilst I'm home even if I'm not connected to the same network, duplicates of the same device (android tv) appear in the other-devices section which makes it difficult to find the device I'm looking for. My device is a HP Spectre Pro...
  8. Windows Update takes up more RAM space

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update takes up more RAM space: I just downloaded the new Windows 10 update (1903) and I noticed I lost a few GB of usable RAM (Last version I was able to use 18 GB, now I'm 15.4 GB) Why is this and how am I able to fix it so I can get my full amount of usable RAM space back?...
  9. Windows taking more disk space

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows taking more disk space: I have upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. Now, my C drive is almost full with 714GB occupied by "System and reserved". I was in an assumption that, Windows 10 was suppose to take less space. Can you please help me in this. 22430
  10. Taking up more space with each installation try

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Taking up more space with each installation try: I've tried to update my laptop from W7 to W10 for the last 2 days. Each time I try my laptop redownloads and tries a reinstall. With each redownload more space is taken up on my C: drive to the point now that I don't have enough memory to try another update. How can I clear...