Windows 10: Does the Synced theme even work anymore with the recent updates?

Discus and support Does the Synced theme even work anymore with the recent updates? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am having trouble changing the synced theme in windows 10. I have a surface pro and a desktop. I was changing the background to my laptop and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by miWaldo, Apr 9, 2018.

1. miWaldo Win User

Does the Synced theme even work anymore with the recent updates?

I am having trouble changing the synced theme in windows 10. I have a surface pro and a desktop. I was changing the background to my laptop and it showed up as a custom theme in the personalization theme settings. I tried everything but the synced theme just stays with the same image and doesn't change to the wallpaper i want it to. Even if I change the theme color, it creates a custom theme. So does the sync theme not work anymore? I have the most up to date version of windows 10 right now.The only way i was able to change the synced theme was to change the transcodedwallpaper.jpg in:C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Themes\RoamedThemeFiles\DesktopBackgroundbut it only changed for my surface pro and not my desktop. I also checked:C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Themesand I can see that the cache folder updates instantly with what wallpaper I change to, but it doesn't update on my desktop. Is there any way of fixing the synced theme or did the windows updates brake the roamed theme?

:)

miWaldo, Apr 9, 2018

2. Messaging doesn't sync

Recently Messaging has been acting up. It doesn't sync anymore, nor does it connect to network. I set it to get my mail hourly, but even if I manually ask it to send/receive, it starts, then stops, without even establishing a data connection. Log says
    Sync started, Sync Ended. (or something similar).

mludwig---01, Apr 9, 2018
  3. xweel Win User
    Synced Theme doesn't work

Original Title: Synced Theme

Hi,

I like to sync the desktop theme across PCs, and searching for solutions online only led me to topics that want to "disable" this. I have 3 different PCs, and I use 2 of them constantly, but most of the time the Synced Theme doesn't work. It simply changes
    to "Unsaved Theme" whenever I change the wallpaper, even if I deleted the "Unsaved Theme" another one gets created as soon as I change the wallpaper. I am getting tired of having to switch the sync settings on and off and restarting each PC just to get this
    to work, which even then doesn't always work. It rarely does. When I installed Windows 10 on both desktops the wallpaper was getting synced no problem for some time, I don't know what exactly changed. Why is it not possible to simply change the wallpaper of
    the "Synced Theme"?

Thanks

xweel, Apr 9, 2018
Thema:

Does the Synced theme even work anymore with the recent updates?

1. Does the Synced theme even work anymore with the recent updates? - Similar Threads - Does Synced theme

2. Cannot sync themes anymore in Win10 22H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot sync themes anymore in Win10 22H2: I have installed Win 10 pro 22H2 on a new computer. AS I have several PC's, I want to synchronise the background themes on all of them. In the past no problem and easy to setup.Now, I cannot find this possibility anymore to synchronise the background, and WIN10 isn't doing...
  3. Cannot sync themes anymore in Win10 22H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot sync themes anymore in Win10 22H2: I have installed Win 10 pro 22H2 on a new computer. AS I have several PC's, I want to synchronise the background themes on all of them. In the past no problem and easy to setup.Now, I cannot find this possibility anymore to synchronise the background, and WIN10 isn't doing...
  4. Cannot sync themes anymore in Win10 22H2

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot sync themes anymore in Win10 22H2: I have installed Win 10 pro 22H2 on a new computer. AS I have several PC, I want to synchronise the background themes on all of them. In the past no problem.Now, I cannot find the possibility anymore to synchronise the backgroudn, and win 10 isn't doing this aymore.Is this...
  5. After recent Win10 updates, lots not working anymore.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After recent Win10 updates, lots not working anymore.: I had to reinstall MS Office; none of the my apps in StartMenu - regardless of which ones - will open when I click on them. I Pin apps to Taskbar and when I click on the icon in TaskBar, they disappear: Mail, Calendar, Calculator, Outlook, OneNote, StickyNotes, to name a few....
  6. Syncing themes

Syncing themes: I have been able to sync my clipboard to 2 devices but I unable to sync themes like background colours. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/syncing-themes/b9a4f6e8-94eb-4d3c-a3f9-598a1cd33da5
  7. MS Mail app sync option does not work anymore.

MS Mail app sync option does not work anymore.: The option under my account for syncing called 'as items arrive' stopped working about a month ago. It might have started with a Windows 1809 cumulative update although I am not positive on this. I have tried every method in order to get this function working again. I...
  8. "Synced Theme" question

"Synced Theme" question: After the update to the latest fall creators update on 2 of my machines I noticed my old synced theme on 2 machines lost its background. Looking at the theme in the personalization settings just showed it set to solid black so I right clicked and removed it incase there was...
  9. Synced Theme

Synced Theme: Have created a background, set a specific color to the taskbar, etc. When I check Windows 10 in VMware(!) (Control Panel->Appearance and Personalization->Personalization) I noticed a Synchronized Theme. The background indeed is the same as on my host-pc, however the...
  10. desktop themes syncing

in Windows 10 Support
    desktop themes syncing: Thanks cliff. After a posted this, I went looking. Something told me to check my onedrive. So I went through every file in it and didn't see said picture for theme. So I copied everything to a backup drive. then deleted every thing in one drive. As I did that something...