Windows 10: Does the USB recovery drive contain the drivers that were installed on my PC at the time I...

Discus and support Does the USB recovery drive contain the drivers that were installed on my PC at the time I... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I used the Media Creation tool to do a clean install of Win 10 after my HD crashed. I then installed all the recent drivers from Acer's website, yet am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/jimmyjaysf, Apr 3, 2021.

1. Does the USB recovery drive contain the drivers that were installed on my PC at the time I...

I used the Media Creation tool to do a clean install of Win 10 after my HD crashed. I then installed all the recent drivers from Acer's website, yet am seeing warnings in device manager that some devices are not recognized. More important, I have no blue tooth support after the clean install. Now I wondering if the recovery disk I created when I first purchased the laptop contains the factory installed drivers that were on the computer at that time and if reinstalling Win 10 from the recovery drive would install the old drivers and hopefully fix these issues. Thanks for your input..

submitted by /u/jimmyjaysf
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/jimmyjaysf, Apr 3, 2021
  2. dually Win User

Installing Drivers in Recovery M4 SSD

I can't seem to figure out how to install drivers so that can copy my system image to new laptop hard drive. I went as far as to install a new inactivated windows 7 onto the hard drive so I know it works, but when I point recovery at C:\Windows\system32\drivers\disk.sys, I got an error something along the lines of "not relevant to system hardware" (or something like that I forget the exact wording).

I can list the drive in diskpart, and I made sure it is not excluded for copying the image, but after 3 days of fiddling, I still can't get it to work. Where is the driver that I need for recovery to be able to install an image to the new hard drive? I checked crucial website, but they don't seem to list drivers for M4. I assume that since I was able to install a fresh inactivated Windows 7 from a startup disk that the driver I need would be somewhere in that system so maybe I'm just pointing recovery at the wrong file?

dually, Apr 3, 2021
  3. Bree Win User
    Windows 10 recovery USB - which size???

Not even that. What creating a recovery drive does (if you select 'include system files') is to construct the files required to clean install Windows. If this is made on an OEM install these file will include the OEM custom apps and drivers - effectively a 'factory reset' drive. It is extracting an install image from your existing system files that takes the time.

The steps in making a recovery drive are shown in this tutorial...

Create Recovery Drive in Windows 10 | Tutorials

• first you choose whether or not to include system files (step 5 in tutorial)
    • next the recovery drive files are constructed (this can take a long time if you include system files)
    • only after that is complete will you be asked which usb to use (step 6 in tutorial). At this point you will be told how large a usb you need.

Without system files 512 Mb is sufficient. Including system files it will be just over 4GB.

At which step did you get the error? If you were not asked which usb to use then it was the construction of the system files that failed, nothing to do with what usb you had.

Bree, Apr 3, 2021
  4. Does the USB recovery drive contain the drivers that were installed on my PC at the time I...

Recovery Drive for Windows 10 Doesn't Recognize USB Drive

When I try to create a Recovery Drive in Windows 10, Windows doesn't recognize the flash drive.

I'm following the instructions to create a Recovery Drive listed here:

Create a recovery drive

• From the taskbar, search for Create a recovery drive and then select it. You might be asked to enter an admin password or confirm your choice. (I was asked to confirm my choice, and I clicked "Yes".)

• When the tool opens, make sure Back up system files to the recovery drive is selected and then select
      Next.

• (Secret Step) Wait a minute or so for the "Please Wait" screen to finish thinking

• Connect a USB drive to your PC, select it ...
    The issue is that when I connect a USB drive to the PC, it doesn't appear on the "Connect a USB flash drive" screen as a drive that can be selected, and the "Next" button is grayed out.

However, when I look in File Explorer, I can see the USB drive plugged into the computer. Selecting Properties shows that Windows considers its Type to be "Removable Disk". (Sounds right to me.)

I'm not getting any error messages.

My environment:

A brand new Toshiba Sattelite C55-C5241 laptop with Windows 10 Home. It's never had anything other than Windows 10 on it - unless they upgraded it at the factory.

A brand new ativa 8GB USB flash drive. Note that the packaging for the USB drive does not include Windows 10 in the System Requirements, but seriously?

What I've tried:

• Plugging the flash drive into all three USB ports (USB 2, USB 2, and USB 3)
    • Reformatting the flash drive with FAT32
    • Restarting the computer with the flash drive plugged in
    • Turning off Real-Time Scanning in McAffee

I've seen a few threads with this issue in Windows 8, but none of the potential solutions in those threads have worked for me. So here I am asking the same question, but for Windows 10.

Does anyone have any suggestions for resolving this issue?

Thank you.

Ambisinister, Apr 3, 2021
Thema:

Does the USB recovery drive contain the drivers that were installed on my PC at the time I...

1. Does the USB recovery drive contain the drivers that were installed on my PC at the time I... - Similar Threads - Does USB recovery

2. Create a Recovery Drive does not recognize my USB flash drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Create a Recovery Drive does not recognize my USB flash drive.: Create a recovery drive does not recognize my USB flash drive. The flash drive appears in file explorer and is formatted and is 64GB. I have tried several drives and get the same problem....
  3. Create a Recovery Drive does not recognize my USB flash drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Create a Recovery Drive does not recognize my USB flash drive.: Create a recovery drive does not recognize my USB flash drive. The flash drive appears in file explorer and is formatted and is 64GB. I have tried several drives and get the same problem....
  4. Create Recovery Drive does not recognize USB flash drives

Create Recovery Drive does not recognize USB flash drives: I am trying to create a recovery drive for a brand new Dell computer running Windows 11 and keep getting this error with different flash drives: "Connect a USB flash drive. The drive must be able to hold at least 32 GB, and everything on the drive will be...
  5. No device drivers were found. Make sure that the installation media contains the correct...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No device drivers were found. Make sure that the installation media contains the correct...: I bought my laptop in June 2022 which had Windows 11 home installed not pirated . It had 256 GB SSD and 1tb Hard disk. The hard disk was encrypted by bitlocker and the password was not given by the seller. He just gave a Microsoft account to use Windows 11. After some days...
  6. No device drivers were found. Make sure that the installation media contains the correct...

No device drivers were found. Make sure that the installation media contains the correct...: I bought my laptop in June 2022 which had Windows 11 home installed not pirated . It had 256 GB SSD and 1tb Hard disk. The hard disk was encrypted by bitlocker and the password was not given by the seller. He just gave a Microsoft account to use Windows 11. After some days...
  7. does a recovery usb format my pc?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    does a recovery usb format my pc?: recently i just got a recovery usb from msi because my laptop is having issues, I am trying to find out booting from a usb drive and performing a "hard disk recovery" will format my laptop to default. If it does does it format the c drive or my other drives aswell because i...
  8. Does a Windows Recovery drive contain the name of the computer the drive was made on?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Does a Windows Recovery drive contain the name of the computer the drive was made on?: I have two Dell PCs, and I would like to know on which of the two PC's this drive was created, presumably by drilling down within File Explorer into the recovery software itself. Both computers are Win 10 64-bit, one year apart in age, and likely I could use this recovery...
  9. What does the Win10 Recovery contain?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    What does the Win10 Recovery contain?: Hi folks - I just set up Win10 this week and created my recovery onto a USB. Does anyone know if it contains drivers and applications that were set up before this was performed? Hopefully it does. Thanks! 23076
  10. Does the USB recovery drive require credentials?

in Windows 10 Support
    Does the USB recovery drive require credentials?: If you boot into the on-disk recovery environment, it needs credentials to do anything. What about if you make a recovery USB key and boot from that instead? Would you have access to the HDD and the tools without logging in? 55073