Windows 10: Does the windows 10 installation tool remove programs?

Discus and support Does the windows 10 installation tool remove programs? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am referring to this tool. 10096 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JuanPotato, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Does the windows 10 installation tool remove programs?

I am referring to this tool.

:)

JuanPotato, Jul 29, 2015
  2. lacrumb Win User

Windows 10 update took 10 hours to get 94%. What to do?

Get Kasparsky completely removed using their uninstall tool as Windows 10 Installer does not like 3rd party antivirus programs. Disabling leaves the code that Windows Installer does not like on the computer.

lacrumb, Jul 29, 2015
  3. Elara Application if preventing the shutdown"

You could create the removal tool on one of those versions of Windows then boot from it and use it to scan your computer. The removal tool does not care which version of Windows you have installed. I believe it should work on Windows 10 regardless.

Andre Da Costa, Jul 29, 2015
  4. Does the windows 10 installation tool remove programs?

Only if you tell it to remove all Applications / Files when you upgrade.

Windows Sniper, Jul 29, 2015
  5. Ok thank you, this may have seemed like a stupid question, but I didn't know if it meant just windows 8 metro apps (it said apps) or installed programs.

JuanPotato, Jul 29, 2015
  6. Antilope Win User
    Before using the Microsoft upgrade tool, I had the latest version of Speccy system information tools installed. After the upgrade, the Speccy information tools were no longer installed on my computer. All of my other programs were intact. So I presume there was something incompatible about Speccy and the Windows 10 installer got rid of it. I did not request any uninstalls.

Antilope, Jul 29, 2015
  7. bobkn Win User
    If you're using the free upgrade, be sure to let it keep everything, or the Win 10 installation will not activate. (At least, it didn't for me.)

I don't recall having seen that little detail in any of the documentation.

bobkn, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Does the windows 10 installation tool remove programs?

1. Does the windows 10 installation tool remove programs? - Similar Threads - Does installation tool

2. Add/Remove program does not fully remove a program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Add/Remove program does not fully remove a program: Installed TurboTax 2020 program in Windows 10 with a vendor license code. I fully uninstalled this program using Add/Delete in control panel. Then installed another TurboTax program one with a different vendor license code. This second installation never asked for a license...
  3. Windows 10 Program removal password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Program removal password: I created a admin account on my younger brother's pc to monitor his usage and use Qustodio to create time limits. Right now it is asking for my admin password every time he wants to download something. I was wondering if it was possible to let him download what he wants...
  4. Why is the Windows 10 Repair or Remove Programs tool no longer available as of August 16,...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why is the Windows 10 Repair or Remove Programs tool no longer available as of August 16,...: As of 8:00 AM on Sunday, August 16, 2020, the "download" link on the following page results in an HTTP 404 error in all 5 browsers Edge, Chrome, Firefox, IE and Opera: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4028054/windows-10-repair-or-remove-programs The anchor tag for...
  5. Windows 10 update removed programs

Windows 10 update removed programs: Windows 10 update removed a lot of my programs. All restore points have been removed. How do I get my programs back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-removed-programs/d7f2e371-9935-4f20-9659-5b6c1bcbde03
  6. How to remove a program on Windows 10

How to remove a program on Windows 10: Hi, after installing a new hard drive, and loading a fresh copy of Windows 10, I added my legitimate copy of Office 2016. Although it loaded it came up with an error code 0-1036 I tried to uninstall it via the Control Panel, Settings and in Safe mode, I also disabled the...
  7. How to remove "broken program/install"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove "broken program/install": Hi, I had 2 disk in my pc, C: and D:, on D: I installed "python 37". Now I'm using a larger C: drive and not needing to install software in "D:" I removed the D: drive but forgot to uninstall python first. There is now a "Broken Python install" in installed programs that...
  8. How to remove "broken program/install"

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove "broken program/install": Hi, I had 2 disk in my pc, C: and D:, on D: I installed "python 37". Now I'm using a larger C: drive and not needing to install software in "D:" I removed the D: drive but forgot to uninstall python first. There is now a "Broken Python install" in installed programs that...
  9. Does resetting PC remove the media creation tool?

Does resetting PC remove the media creation tool?: Does resetting PC remove the media creation tool? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-resetting-pc-remove-the-media-creation-tool/ea88579c-8113-485a-9bc7-b7effc587303
  10. REMOVE A PROGRAM THAT WAS REMOTELY INSTALL AND THEY ARE THE ADMINISTRATOR

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    REMOVE A PROGRAM THAT WAS REMOTELY INSTALL AND THEY ARE THE ADMINISTRATOR: CAN NOT REMOVE A PROGRAM THAT WAS REMOTELY INSTALL, BECAUSE THE INSTALLER HAS MADE THEMSELVES AS ADMINISTRATOR https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-a-program-that-was-remotely-install-and/1a525fc2-3d68-4e60-998b-dc6b6c861765"