Windows 10: does the windows backup include apps and settings?

Discus and support does the windows backup include apps and settings? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; when I restore from backup, will all my apps and windows setting be there?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NeilJacobson1, Nov 12, 2020.

1. does the windows backup include apps and settings?

when I restore from backup, will all my apps and windows setting be there?

:)

NeilJacobson1, Nov 12, 2020

2. can't backup my apps & settings to OneDrive

Hello,

To help you resolve the issue, you can follow the steps below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Under backup section, select apps+settings.
    • Tap manage backups at the bottom part of the screen.
    • Select delete button.
    • Then, try to backup again by pressing back up
      now button under apps+settings.

The backup process may take a few minutes depending on how many apps and games are installed.

Let us know how it goes.

Timoteo IV Ofr, Nov 12, 2020
  3. How to set a Backup location (Windows XP)?

Hi Greg - It is Windows 7.

The problem is when I attach an external hard drive to use as a backup the device does not come up as a possible backup (if I go through the steps to choose a backup). Nor is it listed as a folder in the Libraries window to drag files into.

I have gone through via Windows help all steps, and yet the drive is still not appearing as a possible Backup location.

(It is listed in Devices).

If you can explain to me how to set this external hard drive up as a backup I'd be grateful!

JulithaRyan, Nov 12, 2020
  4. arens Win User

does the windows backup include apps and settings?

[WPSL] Backup app data

Hi All,

I have a Windows Phone 8.1 Silverlight app in the store for quite some time now. I recently noticed that the automatic backup for my app doesn't work.

• The app is listed in my phones (W10M) backup options and automatic backup is enabled
    • Disable automatic backup is not checked in the WMAppManifest.xml
    • Setting "Windows can include this product’s data in automatic backups to OneDrive." in the Dev Center is checked
    • All of the apps data is written to Windows.Storage.ApplicationData.Current.LocalFolder
    • Using ISETool I'm able to get all the data
    What am I possibly missing here?

Note: This question was posted in the MSDN forums before but MSFT suggested to post this here:

MSDN forum article

Regards,

Stephan

arens, Nov 12, 2020
Thema:

does the windows backup include apps and settings?

1. does the windows backup include apps and settings? - Similar Threads - does backup include

2. Can't access Windows Backup app and Backup options and Windows backup in Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access Windows Backup app and Backup options and Windows backup in Settings: Hello.I'm using Windows 11 Pro and can't access Windows Backup app and Backup options and Windows backup in Settings. They're crashing. I tried it in Safe mode also. In Event Viewer I got this:Faulting application name: SystemSettings.exe, version: 10.0.22621.2792, time...
  3. Can't access Windows Backup app and Backup options and Windows backup in Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't access Windows Backup app and Backup options and Windows backup in Settings: Hello.I'm using Windows 11 Pro and can't access Windows Backup app and Backup options and Windows backup in Settings. They're crashing. I tried it in Safe mode also. In Event Viewer I got this:Faulting application name: SystemSettings.exe, version: 10.0.22621.2792, time...
  4. backup old PC and restore to a new PC: apps, settings, including registry

backup old PC and restore to a new PC: apps, settings, including registry: My computer has had multiple problems so HP is sending me a replacement. The replacement should be essentially the same system this time with working USB ports. My system required a registry fix to get the storage correct and I have a few apps and some system settings such as...
  5. backup old PC and restore to a new PC: apps, settings, including registry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    backup old PC and restore to a new PC: apps, settings, including registry: My computer has had multiple problems so HP is sending me a replacement. The replacement should be essentially the same system this time with working USB ports. My system required a registry fix to get the storage correct and I have a few apps and some system settings such as...
  6. backup one and restore to a new apps, settings, including registry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    backup one and restore to a new apps, settings, including registry: My computer has had multiple problems so HP is sending me a replacement. The replacement should be essentially the same system this time with working USB ports. My system required a registry fix to get the storage correct and I have a few apps and some system settings such as...
  7. backup one and restore to a new apps, settings, including registry

backup one and restore to a new apps, settings, including registry: My computer has had multiple problems so HP is sending me a replacement. The replacement should be essentially the same system this time with working USB ports. My system required a registry fix to get the storage correct and I have a few apps and some system settings such as...
  8. Windows Apps, including Settings, will not open.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Apps, including Settings, will not open.: I'm not sure what happened, but I have not been able to open the settings app. I tried a few suggestions from similar posts on here, however nothing seems to work. Running sfc /scannow, as suggested, yielded a message saying that files were corrupt but could not be repaired....
  9. Including an external harddrive in Windows Backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Including an external harddrive in Windows Backup: I'm in the process of setting up and automated backup process in my new windows machine with the following set up: Main C (1) External drive for media files (2) External backup drive (3) I would like (1) and (2) to get backed up into (3) but I can't seem to manage...
  10. Items from "Settings" app not included in Search

in Windows 10 Support
    Items from "Settings" app not included in Search: Hello, Recently I have a problem with the Search feature. The "Settings" app items like Check for Updates are not included in Search or search box in Settings app anymore, only items from Control Panel are shown. Seems like this problem happened after last update Windows...