Windows 10: Does the windows "reset this pc" actually wipe the whole hard drive, or is some of the...

Discus and support Does the windows "reset this pc" actually wipe the whole hard drive, or is some of the... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; ive seen mixed answers on google, some people say it's still on the hard drive and others say it wipes completely and changes everything to 0s... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/trobot2, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Does the windows "reset this pc" actually wipe the whole hard drive, or is some of the...

ive seen mixed answers on google, some people say it's still on the hard drive and others say it wipes completely and changes everything to 0s

submitted by /u/trobot2
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/trobot2, Oct 18, 2020

2. How to wipe a hard drive

modder I already used kill-disk. The deletion is done, I need to reinstall everything.

floridajerseyguy, Oct 18, 2020
  3. Tried to wipe hard drives of PC & set boot drive to USB no windows OS

Hi there,

For a little background:

I have bought a 2nd hand PC from eBay and it came and was working fine. However, the original users documents, accounts etc were still all on PC. I wanted to do what I thought was a fairly simple task of resetting the PC to factory settings and wiping hard drives of all possible data.

I followed the step by step guide within settings recovery, and selected remove all files.

This did not work, so I then realised that reagents was not set to a file path at all. I created a file path of a usb and then created a recovery drive.

I then went back to settings > recovery and everything was working fine. Until the PC restarted, and started up again, then I got an error that something went wrong.

I then tried shift+restart. And tried recovery from drive, which also didn't work.

But I think in this process I accidentally selected boot from USB also. So now, I can't reset or wipe anything or get past BIOS.

All I want is to wipe my two hard drives and install a new windows 10.

If someone could help that would be grand, I have tried for hours and days, following different tutorials and forums, but have had no luck.

If any more detail is needed in parts or any extra information I would be more than happy to do my best to get that to you.

Thank you so much to anyone that tries to help!

Thanks,

Luke

LukeBennettUK, Oct 18, 2020
  4. Steelman Win User

Does the windows "reset this pc" actually wipe the whole hard drive, or is some of the...

Hard Drive wiping tool

Hello,

I will be selling my PC in a couple of days, is there a tool which will allow me to completely wipe the hard drive so no sensitive information can be recovered, but also leaving the hard drive in a usable condition because it will be formatted with a new Operating System ready for the next user.

Thanks! *Toast :toast:

Steelman, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

Does the windows "reset this pc" actually wipe the whole hard drive, or is some of the...

1. Does the windows "reset this pc" actually wipe the whole hard drive, or is some of the... - Similar Threads - Does reset actually

2. Factory reset without wiping the hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Factory reset without wiping the hard drive: Hello, Sofia here.I just wanted to ask if I press "reset everything", will it delete my hard drive?I'm not planning to sell my pc. I just noticed my laptop was beginning to become slower and slower throughout the day.Can someone guide me on how to factory reset my Laptop...
  3. Factory reset without wiping the hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Factory reset without wiping the hard drive: Hello, Sofia here.I just wanted to ask if I press "reset everything", will it delete my hard drive?I'm not planning to sell my pc. I just noticed my laptop was beginning to become slower and slower throughout the day.Can someone guide me on how to factory reset my Laptop...
  4. Hard drive wipe

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard drive wipe: Hi,I need to wipe a external hard drive to reuse in another system. I thought about using ccleaner but I know it is unsafe. Just so you know I don't want to format it.Thanks...
  5. Wiping hard drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wiping hard drives: I am selling a pc it has 3 drives installed, i factory reset the pc and chose to delete all files, will this delete the files from all 3 drives or just the drive with the OS on?...
  6. Hard drive wipe

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard drive wipe: I am having issues deleting files from my windows app folder on my secondary drive it either says i dont have access, need permission from system or error 0x80070780. I have tried all things i could find via a google search. I have 2 of them due to previous issues each with...
  7. wipe of hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    wipe of hard drive: I am trying to wipe my hard drive so I can donate my HP desktop to charity I tried the recovery option but after a long long while it failed to make any changes. I have tried DBAN but for whatever reason it also would not work and just gave me the option of altering the dvd...
  8. Will Windows 10 installation wipe my whole hard drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will Windows 10 installation wipe my whole hard drive?: I want to install windows 10 on my hard drive which contains has various ntfs and ext4 partitions. I have created a separate ntfs partition for installing windows. But I'm concerned that installing windows might format my other partitions. Thanks in advance....
  9. When resetting computer and you click wipe everything does it wipe hard drive and ssd?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When resetting computer and you click wipe everything does it wipe hard drive and ssd?: resetting it in windows settings way submitted by /u/OhSoOsa [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ggsv4a/when_resetting_computer_and_you_click_wipe/
  10. Wiping Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Wiping Hard Drive: Hello! I just downloaded a bootable windows onto an usb stick and I from there booted up the computer from the USB stick and formatted all the disks inside the laptop. Then exitted the program. Now when I boot up the computer it just says "No operating System Installed" My...