Windows 10: Does this look like Windows 7 or what?

Discus and support Does this look like Windows 7 or what? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi I'm done setting up Windows 10. I have all my software installed, my links all set up, and I've made a disk image of the Windows 10 partition.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MikeHawthorne, Oct 5, 2014.

1. Does this look like Windows 7 or what?

Hi

I'm done setting up Windows 10.

I have all my software installed, my links all set up, and I've made a disk image of the Windows 10 partition.

I removed all the app links from the start menu, and move the Feed Back Icon to the task bar.

Does this look like Windows 7?

Does this look like Windows 7 or what? [​IMG]

It boots from off to the desktop in just a few seconds and I don't have an SSD.

This is what Windows 8 should have been, but at least they got it right in the end.

Mike

:)

MikeHawthorne, Oct 5, 2014

2. Why does all of my folder icons look like this?

That did the trick. Thanks for the fast reply and solution.

Kathoga Beast, Oct 5, 2014
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Why does all of my folder icons look like this?

Hi,

It is possible that your folder icons have two blue arrows pointing towards each other because the NTFS compression is enabled. To efficiently assist you, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Could you tell us what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to disable NTFS compression:

• Right-click the folder you're referring to and select Properties.
    • Under General tab, select Advance button.
    • Under Compress or Encrypt attribute, disable Compress contents to save disk space.

Does this look like Windows 7 or what? [​IMG]

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Oct 5, 2014
  4. Tony K Win User

Does this look like Windows 7 or what?

Honestly, no, but I guess its as close as you'll get without 3rd party software.

The Start Menu is upside down except for the search bar. The power button is at the top and does not have an exposed "Shut down" button like 7. Shut down is within the power button menu. There are no items at the right like the old menu (My Computer, Control Panel, My Docs, etc). Where's the CP shortcut?

I see PC Settings remains in the Modern. The old round Start Button continues to be the new Start Flag. I see Bing is integrated into search since it shows "Search everywhere".

There's a search button eyeglass on the Taskbar which is redundant. Then there's that hideous row of boxes that your desktop icons are in. Is that some kind of dock?

Other than that it looks like 7. *Wink

Tony K, Oct 5, 2014
  5. It looks like a modern version of Windows 7. Although the start menu seems VERY Windows Classic-esque.

In retrospect, what 10 is accomplishing would have been a better approach to Windows 8 for sure, but the whole focus of Windows 8 was primarily a consumer crowd and a stop-gap for a touch/tablet oriented OS as there wasn't a need for an OS at the time for the enterprise as 7 filled that gap just fine.

Coke Robot, Oct 5, 2014
  6. AddRAM Win User
    No it doesn`t, but here ya go *Smile

AddRAM, Oct 5, 2014
  7. Does this look like Windows 7 or what? [​IMG]

How?

EarthBoundMisfit, Oct 5, 2014
  8. AddRAM Win User

AddRAM, Oct 5, 2014
  9. EarthBoundMisfit, Oct 5, 2014
  10. AddRAM Win User
    Cute Emoticon Joe, how you do dat ??? *What

AddRAM, Oct 5, 2014
  11. EarthBoundMisfit, Oct 5, 2014
  12. AddRAM Win User
    No, I mean your emoticon waving his hat around, not your avatar.

AddRAM, Oct 5, 2014
  13. Does this look like Windows 7 or what?

EarthBoundMisfit, Oct 5, 2014
  14. AddRAM Win User
    I`m watching it all over again, that scene is brutal. He never saw it coming *Think that one kinda backfired on Don Corleone.

Now he sleeps wit da fishes

AddRAM, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Does this look like Windows 7 or what? - Similar Threads - Does

2. does anyone know what this icon is? when i click the up arrow in the task bar i get a page...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    does anyone know what this icon is? when i click the up arrow in the task bar i get a page...: does anyone know what this icon is? when i click the up arrow in the task bar i get a page full of them that then slowly remove themselves and then goes away.s...
  3. does anyone know what this icon is? when i click the up arrow in the task bar i get a page...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    does anyone know what this icon is? when i click the up arrow in the task bar i get a page...: does anyone know what this icon is? when i click the up arrow in the task bar i get a page full of them that then slowly remove themselves and then goes away.s...
  4. does anyone know what this icon is? when i click the up arrow in the task bar i get a page...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Everytime windows or my graphics card amd does an update windows boots back up and won't...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Everytime windows or my graphics card amd does an update windows boots back up and won't...: Almost everytime I do windows 11 or AMD graphics driver updates that require a restart windows boots and lets me log in but the desktop is unresponsive I've tried every trick in the book to get it to respond and the only fix I've found is to restart the computer in safe mode...
  6. Everytime windows or my graphics card amd does an update windows boots back up and won't...

Everytime windows or my graphics card amd does an update windows boots back up and won't...: Almost everytime I do windows 11 or AMD graphics driver updates that require a restart windows boots and lets me log in but the desktop is unresponsive I've tried every trick in the book to get it to respond and the only fix I've found is to restart the computer in safe mode...
  7. How can I fix the sound in video playback so it does not start muted?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I fix the sound in video playback so it does not start muted?: I am trying to view videos on CompTIA Testout PC Pro site. For some reason, I start the videos and they are muted. In order to unmute, I have to rightclick on the video while it is playing to show controls, then adjust the volume. I then can hear the video. This happens on...
  8. How can I fix the sound in video playback so it does not start muted?

How can I fix the sound in video playback so it does not start muted?: I am trying to view videos on CompTIA Testout PC Pro site. For some reason, I start the videos and they are muted. In order to unmute, I have to rightclick on the video while it is playing to show controls, then adjust the volume. I then can hear the video. This happens on...
  9. How can I add custom Explorer menu bar items the way OneDrive does?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I add custom Explorer menu bar items the way OneDrive does?: When accessing the OneDrive directory on Win 11, I see additional items in Explorer with a custom OneDrive view. What APIs are needed for such implementations? Is it part of the shell extension implementation?https://ibb.co/hdHZ7Gq...
  10. How can I add custom Explorer menu bar items the way OneDrive does?

How can I add custom Explorer menu bar items the way OneDrive does?: When accessing the OneDrive directory on Win 11, I see additional items in Explorer with a custom OneDrive view. What APIs are needed for such implementations? Is it part of the shell extension implementation?https://ibb.co/hdHZ7Gq...