Windows 10: Does this old PC support Windows 10?

Discus and support Does this old PC support Windows 10? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all, I'm upgrading an HP Pavilion a6242n Desktop PC (Windows 7). Before the upgrade, the Upgrade Assistant said that it was not capable of running... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DR-525, Feb 19, 2019.

1. DR-525 Win User

Does this old PC support Windows 10?

Hi all,

I'm upgrading an HP Pavilion a6242n Desktop PC (Windows 7). Before the upgrade, the Upgrade Assistant said that it was not capable of running Windows 10. Here are it's original specs:

• AMD Athlon 64 x2 4800+ Dual-core (2.5GHz)
    • nVidia GeForce 6150SE Integrated Graphics
    • 3GB DDR2 667MHz
    • 320GB HDD

Here are the upgraded specs:

• AMD Athlon 64 x2 5600+ Dual-core (2.8GHz)
    • AMD Radeon 7770
    • 8GB DDR2 800MHz
    • 320GB HDD

Just wondering if it'll run Windows 10. If it doesn't, it doesn't matter to me too much, I have another newer PC. This whole thing is just out of curiosity.

Thanks again.

:)

DR-525, Feb 19, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 19, 2019
  3. DRDNA Win User
    DRDNA, Feb 19, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Feb 19, 2019
Thema:

1. Does this old PC support Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Does old support

2. does my pc supports UEFI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    does my pc supports UEFI: does my pc suppoets UEFI? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-my-pc-supports-uefi/aa8e1e30-c43c-4a32-af44-57d8ced00560
  3. does my pc supports UEFI

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    does my pc supports UEFI: does my pc suppoets UEFI? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-my-pc-supports-uefi/aa8e1e30-c43c-4a32-af44-57d8ced00560
  4. does my pc supports UEFI

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. PC does not support Secure Boot

PC does not support Secure Boot: So, I've been trying to update my computer to Windows 11 but it does not work, because apparently, Secure Boot is not supported.Now, I've been trying to find others with the same issue but all of the others did not have UEFI, and instead use the Legacy BIOS. The thing is, I...
  6. PC does not support Secure Boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC does not support Secure Boot: So, I've been trying to update my computer to Windows 11 but it does not work, because apparently, Secure Boot is not supported.Now, I've been trying to find others with the same issue but all of the others did not have UEFI, and instead use the Legacy BIOS. The thing is, I...
  7. Windows 10 doesn't seem to support old GPU.

Windows 10 doesn't seem to support old GPU.: Hi everyone, I need some help with my refurbished Lenovo Thinkcentre M58. Here are the specs:Machine type: 7360Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 2.8 GHzOS: Windows 10 21H1RAM: Hynix 2x4GB DDR3Storage: WD Blue 250GB HDDGPU: AMD Radeon HD 7470You will see that my GPU is very...
  8. device does not support windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    device does not support windows 10: help my device does not support windows 10 but I have a product key of windows 7 so tell me how do i get windows 7 again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/device-does-not-support-windows-10/d9fdc1c0-e594-4dba-8e4f-90b5426c5669
  9. Does this motherboard support Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Does this motherboard support Windows 10?: I have been searching trying to find if this motherboard supports Windows 10...if anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it. Motherboad Gigabyte P55A-UD4P 54898
  10. Does Win10 support the old Windows FTP Client?

in Windows 10 Support
    Does Win10 support the old Windows FTP Client?: I've written a couple of utilities for my wife's club (upload passwords, upload newsletter) that uses the Windows FTP client. They quit working for the two users who have upgraded to 10. I have to do it for them. This has kept me form upgrading to 10. Has it changed or have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when does windows 10 support endinstallwindows 10 in old computer